Let's be honest (deep conditioners)

Allandra

Re: Let\'s be honest (deep conditioners)

I don't use heat when I use moisturizing conditioners. Moisturizing conditioners work better on my hair when left on for three to five minutes. When I do protein deep conditionings, sometimes I use heat and sometimes I don't. I do protein deep conditionings once a month. When it's time for a relaxer touch-up, I do one the week before and the week after.

T

Tee

I was slacking off big time, but winter hit and my hair demanded some extra tlc. I now do heated deep treatments 2 - 3 times a week. I alternate hot oil treatments using Avocado Oil with traditional deep treatments using a moisturizing conditioner.

Allandra

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Most of the time, I do heat up my moisturizing conditioner before applying it to my hair.

T

Tee

Allandra, how do you do that?? In the microwave?

Allandra

Tee,

I put the conditioner in a small bowl and sit the bowl in hot water. Every blue moon, I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds (just enough time to warm it up, but not make it hot).

SingingStar12

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Tee,

I put the conditioner in a small bowl and sit the bowl in hot water. Every blue moon, I'll put it in the microwave for a few seconds (just enough time to warm it up, but not make it hot).

[/ QUOTE ]

I warm my conditioner in the microwave also, then put on a plastic cap.

CaramelKiss

I ws doing it 1x per week but with this cold weather, I am going to have to up it to 2x per week.

I've done it with and w/o heat, but imho heat does make a huge difference! I read stuff too about how it doesn't work, but in my case it does and I can feel the difference.

Trinity1

I do it twice a week with heat and once a week without heat which totals deep conditioning 3 times a week. I have to because since its been cold my hair has really displayed some DRY characteristics......LOL.

Tee Tee

rayne

I have slacked off big time and it shows
I haven't deep conditioned (i.e., with heat) in a long time. I too think that heat makes a HUGE difference!! I also think that it depends on the conditioner too and that some conditoners work better with heat than others. But I just ordered some more prodcuts and I'm determined to get back on track.

Vitality

I deep condition every week. It makes my hair more manageable.

Victorian

old head

I don't use heat, but all this talk about microwaving and such sounds interesting...I might try that with my next wash.

I use a good moisturizing conditioner every time I get my hair wet in the shower (about 3 times a week). Every couple weeks I use GPB for protein. I always use a plastic cap in the shower and leave it in about 10 minutes. Works fine for me...but I do think I'll have a special "hair day" really soon, complete with hot oil treatment and heated deep conditioning

--I think my hair can read...it just peeked over my shoulder while I was typing and was like