Aubrey Organics Deep Conditioner Question

vtoodler

Do you use heat with any of the Aubrey Organics deep conditioners?

If so, how long do you leave it in your hair? And do you sincerely believe that heat makes a difference?

I have a pibbs that is collecting dust because don't use heat for ANY conditioner. I do deep condition overnight. I have much better results and it's more efficient and saves time. But if I only had time to dc for 1 hr for whatever reason I would use heat.

It like a slow cooker. You can cook on low for longer periods of time or high for shorter but its the same results.

AOHSR is my staple dc.

When I used them I did. Both Dryer & Steamer. HSR, WC, Island Naturals and GPB.

Left on for 20 minutes or per the directions for DC'ing. I always use Heat with my DC'ers tho'.

I have a pibbs that is collecting dust because don't use heat for ANY conditioner. I do deep condition overnight. I have much better results and it's more efficient and saves time. But if I only had time to dc for 1 hr for whatever reason I would use heat.

It like a slow cooker. You can cook on low for longer periods of time or high for shorter but its the same results.

AOHSR is my staple dc.

what's your thoughts about staying under heat for 30/60 minutes(while whatching a movie) and then go sleeping ?

YES!!!! HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used heat with the rose mosqueta and my hair was like SILK!!! VELVELTY SILK!!!!!!! Since that day I always use heat with my AO conditioners.

YES!!!! HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used heat with the rose mosqueta and my hair was like SILK!!! VELVELTY SILK!!!!!!! Since that day I always use heat with my AO conditioners.

I wish I knew this before I hocked my AOHR :nono: That stuff had me feeling a hot crispy perfumed mess.

Are these conditioners actually deep or are they just normal deep conditioners?

They're labeled as conditioner, nothing extra. But they are rich enough that I can use it with heat as a deep conditioner. Especially after shampooing with a chagrin valley shampoo bar, the combo is really out of this word. Soft soft soft hair.

Yes they are deep conditioners. The AO GPB & HSR are beyond any deep conditioner I've ever encountered in 5 years of searching for staple products. They go deeper & actuallly get the job done. The bottle even gives instructions for deep conditioning w/this product. I always use them as deep conditioners w/o heat and just wrap a plastic cap & towel around my head. The results are instant moisture.

empressri and Harina the conditioners are both DCs as well as regular conditioners. It says so in the directions. To use them as DCs you apply them on dry hair for 15 minutes. To use them as regular conditioners, you apply them to your hair after shampooing for 1-2 minutes. At least those are the directions for the two AO conditioners I use: GPB and HSR.

I personally do not believe heat is necessary. I have not used heat to DC my hair since 2006. I do know some conditioners work well with heat and the directions say as much. AO conditioners do not mention heat and IMO they are made to work well w/o it otherwise the directions would say so. In fact, I started to suspect that if bubble hair is true, then what would stop liquid from getting hot under a dryer during DCing and cause mid-strand splits? I mean, bubble hair is caused by liquid boiling within strands right? And the BP of water drops when it has "impurities". So even if the dryer wasn't very hot, conditioner that has penetrated strands could heat up and swell and cause bubble hair.

So since the products don't call for heat, I do not use heat. I figure it isn't worth the risk.

I personally don't like DCing overnight. I used to do it, mainly because I didn't have a steamer yet, and my dryer was back home in Texas. My hair was mushy and felt really limp and lifeless. I think it over conditions my hair. I use heat for a good 20-30 min and I'm good! I've been using heat for my DCs for over a decade now, and my hair is healthy and fine for the most part.

I personally don't like DCing overnight. I used to do it, mainly because I didn't have a steamer yet, and my dryer was back home in Texas. My hair was mushy and felt really limp and lifeless. I think it over conditions my hair. I use heat for a good 20-30 min and I'm good! I've been using heat for my DCs for over a decade now, and my hair is healthy and fine for the most part.

CurlyActress, when you used to deep condition overnight, did you use the Aubrey Organics line?

Sooo, vtoodler, are you going to get the conditioner or not. You've been asking alot of questions about Aubrey Organics lately. The last thing I'll say, every other conditiner just sat on my hair. Thats with me sitting under heat for up to an hour and leaving it in overnight. Now I put the Aubreys on, leave it in 15min like the directions say (no heat), and the effects are immediate. You can feel it melting into your hair. I never had a conditioner to do this. Tis all.

On the back label it can be used as a rinse out DC on dry or wet hair And a leave in.
Ive used it l theseways and dry DC overnight or heat for 15 min is the best. IMO. I live HSR and GBP Theyre my staples. I haven't tried RM yet.

On the back label it can be used as a rinse out DC on dry or wet hair And a leave in.
Ive used it l theseways and dry DC overnight or heat for 15 min is the best. IMO. I live HSR and GBP Theyre my staples. I haven't tried RM yet.

@Lucia, for DCing it has to be applied to DRY hair. I am guessing the concentration is better that way. The directions do not mention DCing on wet--not on GPB or HSR anyway. Also I'm not sure if you meant to write as a "leave-in" or as a regular condish. HSR/GPB do not mention anything about leave-in but I don't know about the other AO conditioners.

Last edited:
@Lucia, for DCing it has to be applied to DRY hair. I am guessing the concentration is better that way. The directions do not mention DCing on wet--not on GPB or HSR anyway. Also I'm not sure if you meant to write as a "leave-in" or as a regular condish. HSR/GPB do not mention anything about leave-in but I don't know about the other AO conditioners.

I found that out the hard way after I used it on wet hair then I tried dry hair DC and that's all I do now even if I choose to use my steamer which I don't use heat often to dc now bc AO is soo thick and works great.
I believe you can use AOHSR as a leave in also I don't remember if it's on the back or not but that's never stopped me before. :lol:

^^LOL @ absence of such directions never stopping you before. Point taken.

I just wanted to point out what is there and what isn't so that if people use it as a leave-in, they do it of their own volition and not assume those are the manufacturer's directions. Seems many people don't bother reading directions so would take what's said here as gospel and in case this didn't work for someone, it's good to know why it may not.

I love AOWC. Haven't tried the other AO conditiners but I plan to. ETA: I use it on freshly washed hair with heat. Haven't tried it on dry hair (yet).

I use on wet an dry hair with a steamer. Much better performance with my steamer than body heat.

I don't own a steamer or hood dryer, but I'd imagine the results would be really good. I use AOHSR or AOGPB wrapped in plastic wrap and topped with my Beanie usually for 30 mins, but yesterday I was trying to catch up on chores and left it on for 2 hours. WHOOPS! Lol. As you can the results were amazing and better than usual :giggle:

I've only used it on wet hair and DCed with heat/steam. If I don't use heat or steam the conditioner just SITS on my hair. I'm beginning to wonder if applying it to dry hair will allow it to absorb better. It makes my scalp itchy if I DC overnight... So the past 2 weeks I have been DIY steaming for 15-30 minutes and the results are wonderful.

They're labeled as conditioner, nothing extra. But they are rich enough that I can use it with heat as a deep conditioner. Especially after shampooing with a chagrin valley shampoo bar, the combo is really out of this word. Soft soft soft hair.

Empressri, I'm going to pull out my Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. I do believe that it was because of you that I started using them in the first place. I miss the really dark coffee one, I'm going to pull it out.

I use them both ways. Truly the best conditioners on the market. With heat, your hair will melt like butter. Without heat, your hair will still be soft and touchable. :yep: Even just using it as a rinse out, your hair will still be soft and touchable. :yep:

Unpopular opinion: Island Naturals is better than HSR and GPB and WC. :look:

^^^ not unpopular
its the truth...i thought i was the only one.

Even though recently(and it pains me to say this) WC has been doing awesome things for my hair especially the ends!

I wonder why Aubrey's conditioners work so well-much better than anything else?

What is in them that makes them work so well?

Last edited:
I believe its b/c all natural ingredients are used in the Aubrey Organics. Plus it is not watered down like most conditioners. Water is the first ingredient on alot of conditioners-- but not in the ingredients at all for AO. Those are the main two differences ingredient-wise that are different from most conditioners on the market. I think they water them down and make them cheap and useless to moisture thirsty hair (like mine).

Last edited:
OOh girl I'm sorry. I love the rose mosqueta even more than the honeysuckle rose.

empressriI just recently BCed & I caught some of this cond on Ebay for $8 so it's my 1st since being natural again. There was a thread on it recently & some ladies didn't like it. It's good to hear Queen PJ give it a good review.

Back