Aubrey Organics Deep Conditioner Question

I dc once a week and I AOWC, i'm actually sitting under my steamer now. Yes it makes a difference to me leaves my hair soft and silky. I also use AOWC as my conditioner after shampooing. I love my heat even when overnight dc I use my heat cap.

How does Dcing on dry hair work exactly? Do you DC before you wash? Does that not take away the effects? Can someone 'splain please?

^LOL I don't know why it works, but it does. Plus, many conditioners instruct one to use the conditioner on dry hair for 'deep' penetration.

You apply conditioner to dry hair, then shampoo. You can choose to condition again, or go on about your business. I don't understand it, but my conditioners have worked soooo well this way; particularly AO. I use the conditioners on wet or dry hair, and use a steamer.

It works better for me on wet hair then steam. When I finish steaming there is no conditioner left in my hair, my hair soaks it up. When I use on dry hair it just sits on top of my hair even with steam.

Im wondering if I need to start using a different conditioner. I love ao hsr but everytime I use it I get a lot of residue and flakes in my roots. Ive tried using stronger settings on my shower head. And massaging my scalp when I rinse it out but neither one helps with rinsing the conditioner out completely. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G

[USER=6827 said:
isawstars[/USER];14280917]Im wondering if I need to start using a different conditioner. I love ao hsr but everytime I use it I get a lot of residue and flakes in my roots. Ive tried using stronger settings on my shower head. And massaging my scalp when I rinse it out but neither one helps with rinsing the conditioner out completely. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my VS910 4G using VS910 4G

Yes I have the same problem. It just seems to heavy for my hair and just sticks to my scalp, even if I don't put it near my scalp. I have put it aside for a while.

Perhaps you can dilute it with water or AVG a little and see if that works any better? I hadn't actually thought of that before but I may try that. It's not the easiest product to dilute though. But I may play around with it tonight.

Is it okay to use the AO GPB every week? I know it's a protein conditioner, but I would like to do so if possible to keep from doing a serious protein treatment every 6 weeks.

YES!!!! HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used heat with the rose mosqueta and my hair was like SILK!!! VELVELTY SILK!!!!!!! Since that day I always use heat with my AO conditioners.

I've never used heat, but your exclamation has me ready to use it with my next treatment :lol:

Is it okay to use the AO GPB every week? I know it's a protein conditioner, but I would like to do so if possible to keep from doing a serious protein treatment every 6 weeks.

Yes, I use it every week. There are many others who do so & some use it mutliple times a week. It helps the hair --w/more use you should see continued progress.

I use AOWC on my coconut oil pre-pooed,freshly shampooed, towel dried hair and then I cover my hair with a shower cap and a turbie turban for an hour. When I take off the cap, my hair has usually completely soaked up all of the conditioner, leaving me with very soft, smooth, moisturized hair. I have also done it on dry hair as well, following up with shampoo, and Giovanni SAS for the final conditioning step. Good results too. I used to use heat on occasion, but honestly, sometimes I felt that it actually worsened my results.

AO HSR never gave me the best results. The end result was usually dry crunchy hair ( I later realized that this was due to the shea butter in it; my hair hates products with shea).

Sn: does anyone prepoo with an oil and still applies AO conditioner on their dry hair?

How does Dcing on dry hair work exactly? Do you DC before you wash? Does that not take away the effects? Can someone 'splain please?

Arian This is AO's claims from their website: "All our cream-based conditioners work great for deep-conditioning! Simply apply the conditioner to DRY hair, distributing from scalp to ends, leave it on for 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual. Emollients dissolve buildup of styling aids on dry hair better than on wet hair; applying treatments to dry hair also helps the nutrients to penetrate better."

they work wonderfully before shampoo, on dry hair, for 15 minutes without heat.
If I don't follow those directions (=the ones on the bottle) HSR gives me a slight build up (from the shea butter I guess) and GPB makes it slightly stiffer (although its quality is so superior that I never get a protein overload from it).

@Arian This is AO's claims from their website: "All our cream-based conditioners work great for deep-conditioning! Simply apply the conditioner to DRY hair, distributing from scalp to ends, leave it on for 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition as usual. Emollients dissolve buildup of styling aids on dry hair better than on wet hair; applying treatments to dry hair also helps the nutrients to penetrate better."

Thanks! I will try it on dry hair next time I wash. I really want to use it every week for strength since I now have the color.

[USER=52529 said:
Curlykale[/USER];14293423]they work wonderfully before shampoo, on dry hair, for 15 minutes without heat.
If I don't follow those directions (=the ones on the bottle) HSR gives me a slight build up (from the shea butter I guess) and GPB makes it slightly stiffer (although its quality is so superior that I never get a protein overload from it).

Thanks, I haven't been able to use my HSR because it sticks to my scalp but I will try it next time on dry hair according to the directions with nothing extra and see if that helps. I was going to try to dilute it but I will try this first.

Back