Let's discuss this video

sexyeyes3616

'

She was talking about everyone. Not really getting why all the sarcasm was necessary.

Her hair is common. Should we have had LHCFers, the minority representing the whole group? If most black people aren't a certain way, should we only show an exception? Would that be very truthful? If you think most black women are busted, does that mean we should pretend they are not? Only focus on the few black women who (in your opinion) aren't busted for a program based on most/all of us?

ETA: Do you think it would impress non black people more if the girls were all looking like a lot people on this site's siggies? Make them think that all black women look like that? Because we don't, and I'm sure if anyone saw that they would remember that IRL its not that way real quick.. I think it was an accurate representation of what we look like, regardless of what the commentator spoke about. Most black women here have dull relaxed hair that is about SL or shorter. A large majority wear some kind of hair extensions or weaves or wigs, etc. Some are natural.

She is not going to spend the whole time, or even half talking about natural hair, or even long relaxed hair.. guess why? Because only a minority of black women are natural and have fros or locs, and only a minority have their real relaxed hair past their shoulders and looking "better". As much as we want to think otherwise, it is rare, and portion of time allotted to discussing it showed that.

This is very true

Mandy4610

My thoughts exactly...Man, my TWA could have represented better than that:lachen::lachen:ok just kidding!!, but for real, whats up with that?

Can we have an explanation as to why her hair was so busted?

Because it wasn't long? Her hair was longer than yours. No offense to your TWA or anything, seriously.
Because it wasn't natural? Most black women aren't natural in the US.
Because it wasn't shiny enough? Most black women here don't have shine, but rather sheen, even on relaxed hair.

Her hair looks like typical relaxed hair to me... I just want to know what is so busted about it.
:blush:I went and re-read my post and I do not see anything about me saying my hair is longer than hers or that natural is better or that her hair is not shiny enough. If you read my post again, you will notice that I said I was just kidding about my TWA:yep: No need to compare my TWA with her obviously longer hair. I don't think her hair is necessarilly busted, but I don't think it was well put together, especially since she was talking about how important hair is to black women. I am not saying she should have worn a weave or anything fake, I just think she could have put it together better, considering the topic of discussion. Thats all:look:
NO need to hurt my TWA's feelings:ohwell:.

RedVelvet310

The hair was busted. But I am glad you were informed. :rolleyes:

What I don't understand (I'm going to do a little comparison here), one of the posters you replied to said that the majority of black women have bad/jacked up hair, thats why the reporter has bad/jacked up hair. Do you know of any other ethnicity that does this?

IRL not all white people have full, luxurious mounds of hair like you see on Pantene Pro-V commercials, yet white reporters (regardless of WHAT their reporting) always have (not always perfect but..) decent cuts, proper colours and their hair is pretty healthy. Samethings go for south asians, east asians and hispanics. I grew up in a predominantly S.A, E.A community and I can tell you from experience many of them work HARD for their hair, and those beautiful heads we see on TV representing them don't "play down their hair health/ hair style" to represent the majority.

So why should should the black media do any different? Yes its true that the majority of black hair isn't like LHCF and in perfect or almost perfect health, but that's untrue for any race. Why should our women in the media have to look played down, or mediocre in comparison to any other woman of another ethnicity? I woud think if she had healthy natural or relaxed hair, it may inspire at least one black women to want healthier hair. (Just my thoughts)

ETA: Or if not inspire another women, show to other women that unhealthy jacked up hair SHOULDN'T be the norm and it shouldn't be reinforced in the media like that.

MizaniLocs

Most black women in America have hair that looks just like hers.

If you are the exception, be glad... but don't front like every black woman is an LHCFer and has hair on point all the time. Most of those girls look like most girls on the street. I'm glad they didn't lie and have errbody on there with natural BSL hair or something.

Thank you. So simple, yet so powerful.

People like to get on this board and make threads talking about how someone else's hair is "tow" when they are 2 deep conditioning sessions away from being that way.

Don't forget where you came from.

Keshieshimmer

^^^
As if to suggest that WE are the only ones who commit crimes...?
Yet little white kids can shoot up schools and shopping centers and it's what--kids being kids?

I disagree. Of course black folks aren't behind all of the crimes commited, but it's really hard to argue that fact we make up a significant portion of those who do those crimes, look at the jails. Granted I'm sure there are many cases of profiling, but still.

I liked the series. It's makes it more real and should encourage us to be a positive example.

What examples of this white kids getting pitty from shooting up places? I only hear of reporters vilifying the kids.

BeetleBug

I don't see how her hair is busted. Looks fine to me. There are some people with hair like that on this board and people are raving on how healthy it looks.

Anyhoo, back to the discussion.

TooCute

What I don't understand (I'm going to do a little comparison here), one of the posters you replied to said that the majority of black women have bad/jacked up hair, thats why the reporter has bad/jacked up hair. Do you know of any other ethnicity that does this?

IRL not all white people have full, luxurious mounds of hair like you see on Pantene Pro-V commercials, yet white reporters (regardless of WHAT their reporting) always have (not always perfect but..) decent cuts, proper colours and their hair is pretty healthy. Samethings go for south asians, east asians and hispanics. I grew up in a predominantly S.A, E.A community and I can tell you from experience many of them work HARD for their hair, and those beautiful heads we see on TV representing them don't "play down their hair health/ hair style" to represent the majority.

So why should should the black media do any different? Yes its true that the majority of black hair isn't like LHCF and in perfect or almost perfect health, but that's untrue for any race. Why should our women in the media have to look played down, or mediocre in comparison to any other woman of another ethnicity? I woud think if she had healthy natural or relaxed hair, it may inspire at least one black women to want healthier hair. (Just my thoughts)

ETA: Or if not inspire another women, show to other women that unhealthy jacked up hair SHOULDN'T be the norm and it shouldn't be reinforced in the media like that.

Exactly what I was trying to express to these ladies. The whole segment shows how BUSTED black hair looks even after we spend so much money on products and styling.

That segment just reinforced the idea that black women have to have hair like the busted heads on the clips. The exploitation of black women in the hair care industry could have at least been glossed over (mentioned once) but no CNN fed America crap that can be seen on a regular day..

I felt strongly about the health of my hair before I found LHCF and I can't imagine how this CNN segment "informed" anyone.

Loves Harmony

It was a good video.. There was nothing wrong with the lady hair. I hate coming to this board sometimes :nono: sorry to say that, people can be so negative sometimes. If you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all.Just Sad:sad:

RedVelvet310

It was a good video.. There was nothing wrong with the lady hair. I hate coming to this board sometimes :nono: sorry to say that, people can be so negative sometimes. If you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all.Just Sad:sad:

I didn't comment on this clip to hate on anyone. The video was very insightful, and very true, it's the visual aspects that bothered me. Black women and men constantly push the ideal that Black is Beautiful, and don't get me wrong, Black *can* be beautiful... but black (or any race for that matter) is not beautiful when it's not properly taken care of.

Let me give an analogy. In the clip at the beginning they said that "hair is to black women what weight is to white women".. what I interpret that as is white women see slim and slender as beautiful, but yet I don't see Amy Winehouse on People's Magazines most beautiful people. Just because you're skinny doesn't automatically mean your beautiful, you have to care for yourself.

Just because your *black* doesn't mean you're automatically beautiful. You have to be aware that you must take care of yourself... your health. I am just *criticizing* the video because the women in the video looked like they didn't care for the health or beauty of their hair... yet the speaker was pushing the fact that black hair is in fact beautiful.. yes it IS beautiful, but that just wasn't a good representation of how beautiful it can be.

clever

People like to get on this board and make threads talking about how someone else's hair is "tow" when they are 2 deep conditioning sessions away from being that way.

I agree.Its like after we find LHCF and other hair boards and start to see beautiful,healthy heads we seem to forget that we've been in the same place.:nono:

jturner7156

Here I go bringing in the ignorance, but why was she chosen to do commentary with her hair looking so busted. Girl, bye.

Nope, no ignorance at all. She needed more moisture and it looks like she uses too much heat. And what salon was that b/c I will be sure to never go there. Nobody's hair was past neck length and everybody's hair needed moisture.

ETA: After reading this thread further, let me elaborate. I feel that these CNN specials have not made AA look positivie at all. Now if she is going to do a commentary on hair, I need to see some AA women with nice hair...conditioned, moisture, shine, etc. She should of researched it more. All you have to do is google hair and it will bring you to LHCF where there are tons of beatiful hair. I am tired of all these negative images!!!

Last edited:

BlueNile

^^^
Thank you.
I watched Black Woman and Family and the Black Man and...I have mixed feelings about these segments. I think it's good to share our story with the masses, BUT---

:eek:ffrant:

There's a part of me that believes:
Segments like this only tend to reinforce the Black America Monolith Myth.
This country already thinks that we share a massive brain. How does this help?:ohwell:
....and no--I won't give Americans more credit than that. Lord knows I like this country well-enough. I've been in the military 8 yrs so there is no question as to where my loyalties lie.
But most Americans are stupid. Stupid as hell. They can't think for themselves. They believe whatever the media tells them.
I've met plenty who are afraid to elect Obama because they think he's Muslim. As if ALL muslims are terrorists. SMH What do they think, he's going to blow up the White House?
This is a country that joined together after 9/11 and harassed/assaulted individuals who looked like they were of muslim and arabic descent.
This is a country where cops pull over hispanics to ensure that they're not illegal aliens. As if illegal immigration has a 'face'. If this country were sooo worried about the illegal immigration problem they'd build a fence around the whole country as opposed to just the southern border.
This is a country where cops still profile blacks and hispanics--and 'muslim looking' people--and frankly I find that interesting.
The fact that minorities are always profiled, I mean.
Yet little white kids can shoot up schools and shopping centers and it's what--kids being kids?

This
batch of segments...I mean WE know these things. So who is this story being directed towards? And...why? It's not like this country is going to fix the problems it helped to create. What do we expect the rest of the country to do? So I just don't see the use in it. I wish ppl would just leave 'us' alone, hell. :ohwell:
I'm so
rry if others disagree...

I can't see this as being used as anything other than fodder for racists and ignorant 'other's to further demoralize and categorize black people--and there are many in this country. It seems as if ppl will only r
emember the negative statistics... That's about the only thing that I remember seeing pop across the screen.
"70% of black children are without daddies"
NO......that's 70%, yes
70%
"YES, America---S-E-V-E-N-T-Y P-E-R-C-E-N-T...
(and the little black kids can't read either)

>>sigh<<

WOO-SAAHHHHH!!!!!
I'm sorry I'm just so tired of this darn media and their 'fair and balanced' reporting. I've just had it--I'm moving to france!
:grin:
God--it's just like Fox NEWS and their 'Angry Black Women' segment. Did anyone catch that?
Oh wait--and that dim-witted blonde hag who was stand
ing in for Oreilly.
It turns out that someway, somehow the republican media linked something as simple as the Obama's 'Fist Bump' (w
hich is really 'giving dap' or 'giving pound'.People have been doing it for years!) to the terrorist extremists and were calling it 'Terrorist Fist Jab'.
They even brought in a body language expert...to analyze Michelle O and Obama go through the motions of 'The Jab'.
>>>sigh<<<

This is why I don't watch Fox too much because they just make my nerves bad--especially that dern "Hannity"!
:fistshake:
I could just pop him all 'cross his fo'head!!
He better be glad he doesn't take phone calls...

:grin:Again. I apologize again for being so negative--I feel a little critical of certain things especially when they pertain to ethnicity....

Phoenixx I totally agree with you. I think this kind of reporting does nothing more than continue to drive wedges between the races. I read an article on CNN the other day and the headline was "Is Marriage for White People?" it was an off shoot to this whole Black In America Thing

bluerose17

I totally agree..IMO the lady didn't have the healthiest looking hair but I wouldn't say it was busted either...

winnettag

I totally agree..IMO the lady didn't have the healthiest looking hair but I wouldn't say it was busted either...

ITA. If her hair was "busted" then there isn't even a word to describe some bad heads of hair I've seen. :ohwell:

Also, I want to know if the reporter actually put the video together. If she did, yes she could have picked more diverse styles to go along with what she was saying. If she didn't, all she can do is give is her opinions and whoever put the clips together is to blame for anything that doesn't go along with her statements.

RegaLady

I think we just can't make Black people happy, even with something a simple as hair.:rolleyes: If she had moisterized straightened hair, then everyone would be mad that it wasn't a kinky natural:rolleyes:. If it were a fro, everyone would say that not all Black women walk around like that and that she need a relaxer:rolleyes:. It she had short hair, then we would say they think we can't have long hair:rolleyes:. And if she had long hair, we would say she is the lucky few, and that wouldn't be an accurate representation:rolleyes:. If everyone thought Black women couldn't grow long hair...SO WHAT!? Why should that bother us. We are unique, and our hair is different. We can rock just about anything. I don't know why we have given in to the Western culture beauty standards to say if it isn't white, it ain't right. And we judge everything around us by that far fetched standard.

While we should take great care of ourelves, we should also remember that we are still working on ourselves. No on is in any position to talk about another. I wasn't even looking at her hair, rather listening to the report. She didn't come on there to talk about how great her hair was, so why should she be thrown under the bus?:perplexed
We are tooooooooooooooooooo caught up about what white American thinks about our hair. SO WHAT, they got dirty laundry, too. :ohwell:

RegaLady

^^^
Thank you.
I watched Black Woman and Family and the Black Man and...I have mixed feelings about these segments. I think it's good to share our story with the masses, BUT---

:eek:ffrant:

There's a part of me that believes:
Segments like this only tend to reinforce the Black America Monolith Myth.
This country already thinks that we share a massive brain. How does this help?:ohwell:
....and no--I won't give Americans more credit than that. Lord knows I like this country well-enough. I've been in the military 8 yrs so there is no question as to where my loyalties lie.
But most Americans are stupid. Stupid as hell. They can't think for themselves. They believe whatever the media tells them.
I've met plenty who are afraid to elect Obama because they think he's Muslim. As if ALL muslims are terrorists. SMH What do they think, he's going to blow up the White House?
This is a country that joined together after 9/11 and harassed/assaulted individuals who looked like they were of muslim and arabic descent.
This is a country where cops pull over hispanics to ensure that they're not illegal aliens. As if illegal immigration has a 'face'. If this country were sooo worried about the illegal immigration problem they'd build a fence around the whole country as opposed to just the southern border.
This is a country where cops still profile blacks and hispanics--and 'muslim looking' people--and frankly I find that interesting.
The fact that minorities are always profiled, I mean.

This batch of segments...I mean WE know these things. So who is this story being directed towards? And...why? It's not like this country is going to fix the problems it helped to create. What do we expect the rest of the country to do? So I just don't see the use in it. I wish ppl would just leave 'us' alone, hell. :ohwell:
I'm sorry if others disagree...

I can't see this as being used as anything other than fodder for racists and ignorant 'other's to further demoralize and categorize black people--and there are many in this country. It seems as if ppl will only remember the negative statistics... That's about the only thing that I remember seeing pop across the screen.
"70% of black children are without daddies"
NO......that's 70%, yes
70%
"YES, America---S-E-V-E-N-T-Y P-E-R-C-E-N-T...
(and the little black kids can't read either)

>>sigh<<
WOO-SAAHHHHH!!!!!
I'm sorry I'm just so tired of this darn media and their 'fair and balanced' reporting. I've just had it--I'm moving to france! :grin:
God--it's just like Fox NEWS and their 'Angry Black Women' segment. Did anyone catch that?
Oh wait--and that dim-witted blonde hag who was standing in for Oreilly.
It turns out that someway, somehow the republican media linked something as simple as the Obama's 'Fist Bump' (which is really 'giving dap' or 'giving pound'.People have been doing it for years!) to the terrorist extremists and were calling it 'Terrorist Fist Jab'.
They even brought in a body language expert...to analyze Michelle O and Obama go through the motions of 'The Jab'.
>>>sigh<<<

This is why I don't watch Fox too much because they just make my nerves bad--especially that dern "Hannity"! :fistshake:
I could just pop him all 'cross his fo'head!!
He better be glad he doesn't take phone calls...

:grin:Again. I apologize again for being so negative--I feel a little critical of certain things especially when they pertain to ethnicity....

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep::yep::yep::yep:

aloof one

I still want to know what exactly made her hair busted.

Her ends were well taken care of, and it was cut into a style. Nothing looked broken off. Her hair looked naturally thin, didn't know thin hair = busted. It wasn't 67 different colors or frizzy or with see through ends. What the hell does busted mean these days, anyway?

People are admitting that these women do represent the majority, yet they still want black women to be portrayed by the minority. Could it be that some are so disgusted/embarrassed with the state of black womens' hair that they cant even bare to see it on TV? Had they done a report on how black women can grow long hair it would have been an LHCF expo and not a special on black women and hair now.

Question: If you were watching a special on pollution in Mexico D.F... would you rather the news crew only show streets that are immaculate (which is VERY rare there) or actually show littered streets (you know, like the actual truth). Just because you don't like to look at something or are sad it is true... doesn't mean the media should only focus on what you think should be true. Especially if they are talking about the truth.

• Black women DO spend the most on hair products.
  • Black women DO spend LOTS of time on their hair.
  • Black women do all have what you consider "busted" hair, as a result of the two points above. Plenty of women with crispy burnt off relaxed hair spend several hundred dollars a year JUST relaxing it, and hundreds, even thousands buying products and paying for services to make it grow and deal with the breakage, etc.

RegaLady

I still want to know what exactly made her hair busted.

Her ends were well taken care of, and it was cut into a style. Nothing looked broken off. Her hair looked naturally thin, didn't know thin hair = busted. It wasn't 67 different colors or frizzy or with see through ends. What the hell does busted mean these days, anyway?

People are admitting that these women do represent the majority, yet they still want black women to be portrayed by the minority. Could it be that some are so disgusted/embarrassed with the state of black womens' hair that they cant even bare to see it on TV? Had they done a report on how black women can grow long hair it would have been an LHCF expo and not a special on black women and hair now.

Question: If you were watching a special on pollution in Mexico D.F... would you rather the news crew only show streets that are immaculate (which is VERY rare there) or actually show littered streets (you know, like the actual truth). Just because you don't like to look at something or are sad it is true... doesn't mean the media should only focus on what you think should be true. Especially if they are talking about the truth.

• Black women DO spend the most on hair products.
  • Black women DO spend LOTS of time on their hair.
  • Black women do all have what you consider "busted" hair, as a result of the two points above. Plenty of women with crispy burnt off relaxed hair spend several hundred dollars a year JUST relaxing it, and hundreds, even thousands buying products and paying for services to make it grow and deal with the breakage, etc.
It didn't look like some people's ideal of nice hair-whatever that may be! I see hair like this everyday, and never think anything of it.:ohwell:
Even if her hair were all that great, I don't think many people would take note, or even care:rolleyes:.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I dont see why this is suprising. They went to an average beauty shop, that will keep you fried, dyed, and laid to the side. The same average beauty shop that most LHCF members wont go to for that very reason.

There is a fear that exists here (justifyably- is that spelled right?) that ones hair might be damaged, because we know most practices they employ do not encourage health or growth. The same shops that refuse to do natural hair or encouarge folx to relax, and relax often to keep the bucks coming in since chemical services bring in the most revenue. The same average beauty shop that we post horror stories about because they used too much heat or cut too much hair because long hair was too much work. The same average beauty shop that the majority of black women still frequent. Though this is changing, we established a longggggggg time ago that we are the only race that is expected not to work with its hair in its natural state, and that most, not all, but most schools and colleges, give little or no instruction in natural care. I recall one story about a student who went though a bunch of mess because her model didnt have straight hair.

Even with all the members here, and the other hair boards combined we are just a drop in the bucket. Even with the progress some of our members have made, they still have family who refuse to come around, who think if you wash your hair more than once a month it will fall out.

Being on hair boards makes me pay attention when I go out, and for the most part it is still the nice, long, healthy hair that is the exception and not the rule.

That said, I dont see a problem with the hosts hair either. Yeah it lacks body and movement, but at least it's not chewed up. I think they probably could have come up with a better example for a shop as well, however, sadly, if they were to pick what represents the majority of black women, you just saw it in that video. We lack knowledge in our community about hair care. Too many folx here can testify to that, and to what they have learned, are still learning, and how they have changed. I guess I just dont understand why the accuracy of what was shown is being questioned. :look:

aloof one

It didn't look like some people's ideal of nice hair-whatever that may be! I see hair like this everyday, and never think anything of it.:ohwell:
Even if her hair were all that great, I don't think many people would take note, or even care:rolleyes:.

You know what, I just realized most white people don't take a second look if a black woman has hair like that on the video (except for the locs and kinky hair that was displayed). I'm sure they don't think the hair looks bad either. Most white people (who don't have a complex) I discuss hair with don't know what "bad hair" is until somebody black tells them.:look: I had a friend who loved my hair until some black girl who didn't like me explained that I had too much NG and that it was bad:rolleyes:. She pointed out several girls' NG and a fight eventually ensued between her and one of them.

Mostly its just other black women are going around calling each other busted for being "normal." I am guessing its the whole idea that we love to tear eachother down. Especially when we have something we think another black woman wants :nono:. I am hoping when I don't get to APL I am not walking around SMDH whenever I see someone SL because they're so busted... :look:... The only time I've heard white girls trashing each others' hair is when it actually LOOKS bad.

I could understand if she came out looking like Blossssom's old avatar or Solange's birthday pictures, or Britney Spears halfway through her little BC but she didn't...

TooCute

Ok. Its clear that some of you here will not get the point. As I stated, the woman's hair looks like an ordinary black woman's hair, but where I have an issue is that this information was presented as if this is the way black hair has to look (busted:rolleyes:). Furthermore, it would be ridiculous to have LHCF-type hair showcased. They showcased the bustedness as if there was nothing wrong. Black woman are exploited by the hair care industry and this "special" helped people feed into the stereotype.

That is all. Bye.

napgurl

First, why can't people just voice their opinion without getting bashed and people getting offended? Sometimes I think some people just look for a reason to be upset? Busted is a matter of perception - to some her hair was busted because she was going to talk about hair on worldwide TV so maybe she should have stepped up her game for the show. On the other hand, some are glad she was average, herself. Both are a matter of opinion. No need to get all huffy! I wonder, if you were going on CNN would you wear your everyday hairstyle? I'm sure some would say yes and some would say no.

Last edited:

RegaLady

Ok. Its clear that some of you here will not get the point. As I stated, the woman's hair looks like an ordinary black woman's hair, but where I have an issue is that this information was presented as if this is the way black hair has to look (busted:rolleyes:). Furthermore, it would be ridiculous to have LHCF-type hair showcased. They showcased the bustedness as if there was nothing wrong. Black woman are exploited by the hair care industry and this "special" helped people feed into the stereotype.

That is all. Bye.
And this is the way most black women's hair look!:rolleyes: She has the credentials to speak on whatever she spoke on. I just look at her as a women who is giving an interview who happen to have 'average' hair. I don't think she is a world reknown spokeswoman for healthy hair. She is a woman who is giving an interview about the importance of black hair, not what it means to have healthy, shiny, hair. It is just that!!!!:rolleyes:

Again, I don't think these women lost sleep about how 'busted' their hair looked that day. They had enough self-esteem to show their face. Hey if they love it, I ain't got nothing to say. I have to work on my hair also, which is why I am here, to be talking about how 'busted' someone looks! She is clearly on tv, I am not!:rolleyes:
Nothing personal, you are entitled to your opinion, but the truth is, they didn't pick her based on her hair, they wanted an articulate, black lady to report. Everything else is a plus!:look: If theywanted 'busted hair black women', there are PLENTY of WORSE hair to choose from out there~!:ohwell:

RegaLady

That is all. Bye.
One more point:grin:, ITA agree! And especially if a LHCF lady has jumped on many bandwagons(I know I have:lachen:), then they would know. So it is the truth in a way!:look:

hopeful

First, why can't people just voice their opinion without getting bashed and people getting offended? Sometimes I think some people just look for a reason to be upset? Busted is a matter of perception - to some her hair was busted because she was going to talk about hair on worldwide TV so maybe she should have stepped up her game for the show. On the other hand, some are glad she was average, herself. Both are a matter of opinion. No need to get all huffy! I wonder, if you were going on CNN would you wear your everyday hairstyle? I'm sure some would say yes and some would say no.

ITA with the bolded!

Mandy4610

Could not have said it better...that is the truth right there. :grin:

Pheonixx

FINALLY....A VOICE OF REASON.

I've been saying that ppl around here are too sensitive for 'forum talk'. It's annoying as hell...

Now watch somebody jump all over MY case....
"I didn't HAVE an attitude...."

I thought the comment by TOOCUTE was made in jest at least partially.
>>shrugs<<

Pheonixx

Keshieshimmer;5151813[FONT=Comic Sans MS said:
]I disagree. Of course black folks aren't behind all of the crimes commited, but it's really hard to argue that fact we make up a significant portion of those who do those crimes, look at the jails. Granted I'm sure there are many cases of profiling, but still.[/FONT]

I liked the series. It's makes it more real and should encourage us to be a positive example.

What examples of this white kids getting pitty from shooting up places? I only hear of reporters vilifying the kids.

...and that point MIGHT have been valid had I just been talking about BLACK people. But i wasn't. I was talking about racial profiling where ethnic minorities are concerned.

So...you agree with racial profiling then?
You believe that all minorities are inherently criminal minded...?
Are you inherently criminal minded...?
:)grin:THIS should be good)

Interesting.
Ah well... it's a free country---think as you will.

Last edited:

Pheonixx

Phoenixx I totally agree with you. I think this kind of reporting does nothing more than continue to drive wedges between the races. I read an article on CNN the other day and the headline was "Is Marriage for White People?" it was an off shoot to this whole Black In America Thing

Girl, I know.
I've been tracking this mess and irks the hell out of me everytime I see it.

EVERYTIME you cut on the news or open a damn magazine--you're reading statistics, i.e.,
I'm sick of it...
...and I find it a little sad that ppl are so willing to jumo on the 'Truth Hurts' Bandwagon...

But what can you do?