Let's Talk Bangs, Ladies!

Mocha5

I was inspired by SimpleBrooklyn's bangs this morning so I think it's time for a change. My hair has broken on the sides and in the front so I think this is probably the perfect time. I know Nicole's bangs are "in" this season but oddly enough I like the super short bangs. I also like the haircut of the lady in green but I know that cut is not very practical. Think I'm leaning towards Ashlee Simpson's bangs. Which do you like? Any of you rockin' bangs? If so, can you post a pic of what they look like?

PecanCandy

I love bangs! I don't have any, however. I'm not cutting 'till APL!

I like the bangs on Ashley and the women on either side of her.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Bangs are hot! I like them because even when you wear an updo you still have this fringe to put out if you please. I have a big for head so really feel bangs. I like numbers 1, 3 and 6.

Mocha5

Hey girls! Sorry the pics are so big. Now I know what people mean about having to scroll across the page because of the size of the pics.

So I'm definitely leaning towards the ones you guys picked. Bangs can soften your face up so much. I think I want to go for a soft, feminine look. I'm relaxing next week so I'm excited. I can't wait! Thanks again!:D

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL

Cien

Pink is my signature color
oh my!!!

I'm glad you posted this, because I've been wanting bangs for a few months now!!

I've been thinking about cutting them myself--HOWEVER, I don't wanna jack up my head.:eek:

BUT, at the same time, I don't want a stylist in my hair telling me that I need to relax my texlaxed hair!! (that's what happened the last time I went to a salon).... I ain't trying hear that mess. I just want some bangs cut!!! :look:

Anyway....I like Nicole's bangs, Ashley Simpson's and the chic in the next to the last pic!

I don't know what to doooo!!!! decisions...decisions!!!

Cien

I like the way Alicia Keys hair was in Smoking Aces..

this is not a good pic--but I like her bangs in this movie.

Mocha5

In the words of my sons, "Oh yeah, Oh yeah!" It's on and poppin now! Thanks for the additional pics ladies!

Nita81 and Vctorious: I LUV your bangs! I'm sitting here all smiling at yall pics and stuff...I know goofy...

Apples: You might wanna go to the salon..lol..I don't want you jackin' your head up either. Tell them a bang cut and that's it!!

Flawedbeauty: I think since my hair is broken on the sides It'll make sense to start 'em back that far. It'll def be different and I actualy kinda want that. I think that's why I'm kinda feeling the last cut cause it's so different.'

Nita81

apples said:
I like the way Alicia Keys hair was in Smoking Aces..

this is not a good pic--but I like her bangs in this movie.

Yeah Alicia Keys was smokin hot in Smokin Aces....so was Common!!!

sareca

Mocha5 said:
Dsylla's bangs are hot too!

I love D's bangs! I have bangs now, but I'm not feelin' them.
I've had the Allyssa Milano bangs before I LoVED them! I also like the chick in the green top, I'd rock those. :yep:

Last edited:

Aveena

I've come to the realization that I must deal with bangs because of the way my hair grows. the front grows steadily but the sides grow slowly (breakage prone ei. brittle)....but I like them all the same.

Last edited:

SkinnyMocah

I wear a side swept bang to hide my Ferengi like cranium and fivehead. I swear you can see my skull form the OUTSIDE of my head. :lachen:

I'm sorry they're so huge!

ayoung

I luv bangs too! I like short and long lol.
When I reach APL I'm getting longer bangs b/c my front grows sooo slow.

Lookin cute ladies!

Brownie518

I had bangs for a few years and started growing them out last November. Now I have none and sometimes I miss the look. I loved it. But first I want to get it all one nice, healthy length and then take stock. I have really been missing those bangs lately!! :sad:

Creatividual

Once I get my hair to BSL (by this time next year), I'm thinking about getting sme bangs. I like Ashley Simpsons bangs. I like Letoya Luckett's bangs too.

SvelteVelvet

I've been sorta thinking of bangs too, I haven't had them in a long time and I'm thinking of getting them at my next touch-up next month! :yay:

Mocha5

sareca said:
I love D's bangs! I have bangs now, but I'm not feelin' them.
I've had the Allyssa Milano bangs before I LoVED them! I also like the chick in the green top, I'd rock those. :yep:

You had the ALYSSA bangs??!!! Do you have pics????:eek: I lub her bangs...:D . Just don't know if I have the guts...

Mocha5

SkinnyMocah said:
I wear a side swept bang to hide my Ferengi like cranium and fivehead. I swear you can see my skull form the OUTSIDE of my head. :lachen:

I'm sorry they're so huge!

You and my baby girl have the same forehead and I think it's beautiful. And NO we can't see your skull. :mad:

Mocha5

SvelteVelvet said:
I've been sorta thinking of bangs too, I haven't had them in a long time and I'm thinking of getting them at my next touch-up next month! :yay:

Do it girl..do it girl!!! :grin:

Mocha5

vivacious1083 said:
Once I get my hair to BSL (by this time next year), I'm thinking about getting sme bangs. I like Ashley Simpsons bangs. I like Letoya Luckett's bangs too.

Here she is. Her bangs are beautiful and so is she! Yep, I'm DEFINITELY getting bangs. Look at how feminine she looks. Thanks ladies for all your input. I love this board! :)

bablou00

I think bangs are banging for this season. I like to wear mine swooped to the side. I am still going to grow them out but long or short bangs swooped to the side look good IMO
Here is how I wear my hair when i wrap it up until 2mos post relaxer

jtsupanova

Mocha5 said:
Here she is. Her bangs are beautiful and so is she! Yep, I'm DEFINITELY getting bangs. Look at how feminine she looks. Thanks ladies for all your input. I love this board! :)

Her bangs are bangin! :D
I really like them cause there a little long and aren't cut to fare back. Perfect for swoping and blending.

DragonPearl

I love bangs, and theys never went out of style for me. I think they add flirtatiousness and mystery to the eyes.

When I used to relax, I often wore bangs, but as a natural, bangs are kinda difficult if not impossible to wear, unless I press my hair. They just don't look right on natural hair, unless I pin the ends to the side, which I sometimes do.

Cien

Okay Mocha!

I did it! Yes...I went out to the salon, and had some bangs cut in my hair!!
Sometimes I do spontaneous stuff like this! lol :lol: Actually I guess I wouldn't call it spontaneous, because I've been thinking about it for awhile...

anyway--my hair was damp and pulled back in the first pic before I left for the salon. (I had swimming lessons this morning) My edges are rather thin also....but I'm working on that!:look: :ohwell:

but anyway.. in the 'after' pic,my hair is bushy from air drying. I half-way flat ironed the bang when I got home, and ran my shower comb through it.

I LOVE this look!!
I should have done this a loooooong time ago! :)
I guess I have that Alicia Keys bang ( I think). The stylist kinda layered it somewhat, so it wouldn't be so heavy on my forehead.
If I get sick of this length and style, then I'll just let it grow out, so I can swoop it!!

Thanks for starting this thread! All I needed was a lil boost!! :grin:

Before:

after: