Naturals/Texturized ladies with short bangs

LaFemmeNaturelle

How do you style your hair when its not straight? What do you do with your bangs? Wear them curly? Could ya post pics?

The last time I had bangs as a natural, I had no idea what to do with them so I kept them straight all the time. I don't want to have to straighten that area all the time but I want some bangs. So I need some ideas on what to do with them. Gracias!

Nonie

Why do you want bangs if you won't be wearing your hair straight? As Mscocoface and I pictured, a little afro fort standing up at the front of a 4B head would look a bit odd. :lol:

That said, I do wear bangs w/o having to cut my hair. My hair is in twists and shrinkage allows the twists in the front behave as bangs. If I cared for twist-outs, that would be another way to wear them.

I'll be back to add a pic if I don't get frustrated and throw my phone first.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Well, instead of straightening your bangs, you could twist or rollerset them for a smoother look without using heat.

I got this pic from Glamazini.com

You can also have a curly bang by doing a twist out or braid out. Got this pic from The Moptop Maven Blog

LaFemmeNaturelle

lol Nonie I want to wear bangs for when I wear my hair straight. I was looking at my senior pics and decided that I love how I look with bangs so I plan to straighten about once a month and will probably keep the style for about 2 weeks. But I was wondering what to do with them the other 2 weeks or when my hair starts to revert.