Let's Talk Bangs, Ladies!

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I am going to wash and straighten tonight. You are realllllyyy making me want to cut some bangs once I'm done. Hmmmmmmm......Will take a pic if I do

Mocha5

apples said:
Okay Mocha!

I did it! Yes...I went out to the salon, and had some bangs cut in my hair!!
Sometimes I do spontaneous stuff like this! lol :lol: Actually I guess I wouldn't call it spontaneous, because I've been thinking about it for awhile...

anyway--my hair was damp and pulled back in the first pic before I left for the salon. (I had swimming lessons this morning) My edges are rather thin also....but I'm working on that!:look: :ohwell:

but anyway.. in the 'after' pic,my hair is bushy from air drying. I half-way flat ironed the bang when I got home, and ran my shower comb through it.

I LOVE this look!!
I should have done this a loooooong time ago! :)
I guess I have that Alicia Keys bang ( I think). The stylist kinda layered it somewhat, so it wouldn't be so heavy on my forehead.
If I get sick of this length and style, then I'll just let it grow out, so I can swoop it!!

Thanks for starting this thread! All I needed was a lil boost!! :grin:

Before:

after:

APPLES!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I can't believe you did it! You were not playing!!! I love 'em. They look like the #4 or #5 pic. Wow! I can't wait. Kudos to you for taking the step. I'll post my pis to. Planning on going Saturay. Isn't it funny how quickly bangs grow back? That's another thing I like about them. You can really judge the growth rate of your hair with them.

Mocha5

*Bre~Bre* said:
I am going to wash and straighten tonight. You are realllllyyy making me want to cut some bangs once I'm done. Hmmmmmmm......Will take a pic if I do

Let us know what you decide. ;)

pretty_nappy_hair

IDK how to post pics but I realy like the Bettie Paige style bangs. I don't have them but always wanted them. And I really love Nicole's bangs.

SleekandBouncy

I'm late to the thread, but I have swoop bangs. I've had straight across bangs as well but I don't think they work well for relaxed ladies, only because as the new growth comes in it makes the bangs stand at weird angles instead of hanging straight down. In order to keep them straight I end up using heat :( I like swoop bangs because they are versatile and face framing in a sexy way. I like my bangs to have movement, they look fresh that way. So, I don't apply anything too oily to my hairline otherwise they get weighed down. My bangs look like a cross between Nicole Richie's and:

neenzmj

I love bangs. I think they're very sexy. I'd love to have bangs, but I'm a little hesitant because I don't want them to look too short when I wear a wash 'n go.

SvelteVelvet

I DID IT TOO LADIES!! & this thread inspired me too. Yesterday I was getting ready to go out and I was just sooooo sick of the side part, middle part, basically I was just tired of looking at my forehead :lol: So I just did it myself, my bangs were right underneath my chin so it was alot of length, I gasped at it but the end result is soo cute!! I'm happy I did it, they are long like Latoya Lucketts, they are right on my eyelids and more blunt than hers actually the sides kinda go a little longer than the middle, they just perfectly frame my eyes and it just upped the sexy flirty factor up a little bit. I'm soo happy I did it, they may be a little bit longer by the time I touch-up and I'll probably have the hairdresser trim it a little bit. I'll post pics then.

DragonPearl

A word of warning to all the ladies who are getting bangs:

Don't use grease or oil on your bangs. These oils will transfer to your forehead and give you zits and pimples.

*Michelle*

SleekandBouncy said:
I'm late to the thread, but I have swoop bangs. I've had straight across bangs as well but I don't think they work well for relaxed ladies, only because as the new growth comes in it makes the bangs stand at weird angles instead of hanging straight down. In order to keep them straight I end up using heat :( I like swoop bangs because they are versatile and face framing in a sexy way. I like my bangs to have movement, they look fresh that way. So, I don't apply anything too oily to my hairline otherwise they get weighed down. My bangs look like a cross between Nicole Richie's and:

Mine too. I really like my bangs! I'm under the dryer with conditioner after I finish doing whatever I decide, I will post pix.

OP...I love the pix you posted. IMHO bangs and layers rock!

pinkdot's blog

I officially started bangs last month. They were 5 different lengths so I had to cut them. I would like my bangs to look something like these by the end of this year. And by the way Alisha Keys bangs looked fierce. There is also a picture of the day I started my bangs. Sorry if my picture comes out big.

Attachments

• Bangs 1.jpg
    Bangs 1.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 11
  • beyonce-bangs.jpg
    beyonce-bangs.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 13
  • May-2007-Bangs-.jpg
    May-2007-Bangs-.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 17

Mocha5

pretty_nappy_hair said:
IDK how to post pics but I realy like the Bettie Paige style bangs. I don't have them but always wanted them. And I really love Nicole's bangs.

Here you go, PrettyNappyHair:

Don't think they'll look good on me though.

Mocha5

SvelteVelvet said:
I DID IT TOO LADIES!! & this thread inspired me too. Yesterday I was getting ready to go out and I was just sooooo sick of the side part, middle part, basically I was just tired of looking at my forehead :lol: So I just did it myself, my bangs were right underneath my chin so it was alot of length, I gasped at it but the end result is soo cute!! I'm happy I did it, they are long like Latoya Lucketts, they are right on my eyelids and more blunt than hers actually the sides kinda go a little longer than the middle, they just perfectly frame my eyes and it just upped the sexy flirty factor up a little bit. I'm soo happy I did it, they may be a little bit longer by the time I touch-up and I'll probably have the hairdresser trim it a little bit. I'll post pics then.

WhooHoo! Can't wait to see your pics! :D I feel you on the whole side part or middle part. I'm sooo bored with that. I promise you I've been rockin' one of those parts every day for the last 10 yrs..actually longer. :( Defintely time for a change.

Mocha5

Ok, ladies. I've decided that I'm going to get a LatoyaNicoleAshlee bang. Lol. Not so sure now if I want to cut as far back as Ashlee's especially after seeing Ms. Latoya's cause she is workin' the heck outta those bang. But I do want them long and in my eyes so I can swoop. DH is like forget about the Alyssa Milano bangs. He got some nerve.

Thanks ladies for posting you personal pics of your bangs. In the words of Jtsupanova: Your bangs are BANGIN! <---So appropriate for this thread.

Last edited:

danysedai

a bit blurry...
I'm growing them out, my face is too round for bangs:look:
maybe when I'm BSL;) and the length compensates the extra roundness of the face

Attachments

• DSCF2544.JPG
    DSCF2544.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF2552.JPG
    DSCF2552.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 11

Mocha5

danysedai said:
a bit blurry...
I'm growing them out, my face is too round for bangs:look:
maybe when I'm BSL;) and the length compensates the extra roundness of the face

I don't think your face is too round for them but if you really think so you could always grow them out some to elongate your face.

Mocha5

So tomorrow is the big day for me! I'm nervous now. Anybody else want to take the plunge with me??? :lol: