Suggestion LHCF CONVENTION

ilong

God's Own
I think we should have a LHCF Convention. Can you imagine 1000's of DIVAS (any and all nationalities) with gorgeous hair congregated in one location? The cost of the facility can be financed by selling vendor booths/tables. Vendors can be consist of major companies, local companies, small businesses. Products should not only be Hair Care Products, but jewelry, clothing, accessories, etc.
Attendees can pay $25 a day or 2 days for $40.
The price of the booth should be determined by the size. For example a 10'x10' booth which is standard could cost $100. A 15" x 15' booth $150, etc.
Tiered ( Platinum, Gold, Silver) Sponsors could also subsidize the cost.
A volunteer planning committee can be formed to plan the event. I would recommend no more than 2 days initially. Two days will help justify travel costs for those who will have to travel to the location. Any longer than that, is too expensive. The location should be a city which offers some sort of atrractions (i.e. Las Vegas, LA, Florida, warm weather etc.). This will help justify the expense.

IF THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD SUPPORT AND POSSIBLY ATTEND. PLEASE THANK THIS POST - SO LHCF DECISION MAKERS WILL GIVE THE IDEA SERIOUS CONSIDERATION.

Successfulmiss

Not only would it be a great parade of DIVAS but we could also network and the owners of this site could see gain and the members would be enriched by the community and networking :)

sheanu

Mmmm a bunch of niko's cousins in one place? The world ain't ready for that! I'd love to go though :yup:

Layluh

This would be so cool as this site has helped me in so many ways. I would suggest something centrally located though. Maybe Chicago?

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Wasn't something like this organized years ago? I'll attend if it's in Florida or a nearby state. I'd be flying in from the Caribbean.

KEWLKAT103

Wasn't something like this organized years ago? I'll attend if it's in Florida or a nearby state. I'd be flying in from the Caribbean.
:yep:
I forget when it was exactly. Something like 4 years ago in Vegas. I attended. Some people did seminars and Cathy Howse was there to speak.

ilong

God's Own
Wonderful - that is great to hear. I didn't know there had been a similar event. So this could be the 2nd LHCF Convention:yep:

Of course, if more members don't show interest I am sure LHCF owner(s) will not be motivated to take on such an undertaking. I know that I wouldn't.

I will keep pushing the idea until the end of the year and evaluate the responses before pushing forward or abandoning the idea. Hopefully, LHCF owner(s) will do the same.

If the idea is pursued, I don't see the event happening for a while. Major companies set their budgets and plan community relations project early in the year. So if we miss 1Q2013 - then we have lost any window of opportunity for the event to occur in 2013.

Deziyah

I would love to attend!! I think it would be cool to put some faces to names.... Layluh love you signature pic; back in the day I loved me some devante swing!!! :)

LaidBak

It should be someplace where hotel room rates aren't already sky high, and that is easily accessible via rail, air, and car. The D.C. area, or maybe Atlanta.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Great idea. And it would give people the chance to meet members who don't live in their area.

Somewhere like Chicago would be a good idea, since it's a hub and you can easily get there from most cities.

I've had a lot of flights go through Chicago, Detroit, and Atlanta. Houston too.

SummerSolstice

I think DC and ATL are better locations.

Getting to Chicago is a bit much for me to consider doing it for a reason outside of my man :look:

AJellyCake

I think this is a great idea. I think New Orleans would be good because it's in the middle of the country (and I love to go there :look:). So if it's not in California, my vote is for Nawlins.

I would also bring my friends who aren't LHCF members, which means more money for Beverly and everyone else!

I'm already getting excited thinking about this! I hope it happens!

ilong

God's Own
My sincere THANKS to all of you that have replied and "thanked" the original email. I hope the momentum of interest picks up and more members express an interest - otherwise I don't think it will happen.

An endeavor of this type requires strong commitment. It is extemely difficult if not impossible to approach major corporations for sponsorships (which help finance the event) if the level of attendee participation, is low.

Corporations want to to realize a " gain (financial, increased market share, public relations) before they commit sponsorship money. Promoters (i.e. LHCF) have the same concern.

If the event is planned for the maximum potential and done right, corporations will be knocking on LHCF forum (virtual) door to participate.

Can you ladies imagine the sample products you can pick up at an event of this nature? It would be the ultimate "Curlybox". :yep: For those of you who have attended conventions, shows, etc. , you know that "trinkets & trash" can be bountiful.

I hope interest picks up - so ladies if you can help promote interest - we may convince LHCF management team to give the event SERIOUS consideration.

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
Couple of thoughts (my own, of course):

1. Location would probably be decided by LHCF management. Perhaps member input, using a poll perhaps, would be solicited.
2. Location should be considerate of our intearnational members, so they can have a reasonable chance in attending. Additional costs for domestic travel within US should be avoided.
3. Event scheduling should be considerate of members who are in school.
4. When you think of the number of suppliers in the hair care industry ( appliances, hair accessories, hair product, supplements, etc.) sponsors should not be in short supply.
5. There can be hair care workshops (at additional costs)
6. Perhaps a celebrity appearance I am sure there is a celebrity lurking on this forum :yep:, already

AFashionSlave

Myself and two others planned a national get together for nappturality a few years back. We originally tried to do something like what you posted, but it was too expensive, so we planned a cruise instead.

The cruise idea was fabulous because when you travel in a large group the rates go down. We all went to the Bahamas.

Here's a suggestion, maybe you can just do a cruise and invite youtubers, beauticians, and ask for product samples from companies. It's just an idea.

AFashionSlave

And a cruise is a great idea because no one will be left responsible for deposits if people don't show up. Food is included & people can bring their children along if they want.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
^^^Yes, a cruise is the best idea because it doesn't favor anyone geographically, and spending the money will be worth it beyond just the LHCF part.

I think it would be a great promotional opportunity for a lot of vloggers and small beauty brands.

LaidBak

How can you have a convention on a boat? I've not heard of that. Are companies going to pay for exhibit employees to go on a cruise? Not saying you can't, just asking because it seems odd for a convention.
A cruise prevents people from attending at their leisure. You'd have to commit to the entire event as opposed to choosing what days/events/presentations you want to see.
It also prevents people from saving money by finding less expensive lodging, staying with friends, etc.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
How can you have a convention on a boat? I've not heard of that. Are companies going to pay for exhibit employees to go on a cruise? Not saying you can't, just asking because it seems odd for a convention.
A cruise prevents people from attending at their leisure. You'd have to commit to the entire event as opposed to choosing what days/events/presentations you want to see.
It also prevents people from saving money by finding less expensive lodging, staying with friends, etc.

Well, a lot of organizations will have cruises for their supporters; and they'll also have speakers and whatnot. It seems like anyone having to travel long distance to an LHCF convention would have to commit to the whole time to make the travel worthwhile. But I don't think being on a cruise ship means every event is mandatory. People could do what they wanted when they wanted.

A cruise would probably be more of a national meetup than a real convention though.

Last edited: