LHCF Detangling Advice ?

Peaches75

The longer my hair gets the more difficult time I have detangling it.
1. What products have you had success detangling 4a relaxed hair?

2. What methods are helpful to loose less hair ex. comb wet or dry?

Add anything that could be of help.

TIA

bouncy

wet, wet, and more wet.

My procedure is saturate hair while in shower, coat with conditioner.

Section hair (4), then finger comb with conditioner. twist sections as I complete so that my hair won't retangle. If additional detangling is needed, I use a shower comb and add more conditioner.

By the time I'm out of the shower, all of the detangling is done.

tenjoy

I can detangle on wet hair, I use the detangling brush that came with the maxiglide with great results.

I can detangle on damp hair too.

♦K.O♦

I detangle best on damp hair. I apply my leave-in (Infusium 23 Moisturology) and my Keracare Jojoba Oil Moisturizer section by section. I make four sections and then I make tiny subsections. I detangle first with a wide tooth comb, and then I run through each small section with my rubber brush.

lonei

I first wash in braids and then detangle in the shower section by section when its saturated with conditioner...

My hair is to soft to manipulate when it's wet. I usually detange my hair when it's dry. I separate a section and gently pull hair to loose it from the tangle. This may take a while but I don't loose hair.

When I want to flat iron. I condition wash, squeez dry, add my moisturizers, then put hair in a ponytail for about an hour. This pulls my texlaxed roots straight. Then I sit under a cool dryer or fan and run my fingers thru continuously until it's mostly dry. Then I take small sections of hair and comb using a shower comb. I GENTLY comb the ends working my way from the bottom to the top of each section.

No matter what you do the key is to be gentle and take your time so your not ripping your hair out.

LovelyLionessa

I do the following:
  • gently finger detangle before washing with a liquid detangler
  • wash in 4 braids
  • comb out in sections under the shower stream w/conditioner

Aggie

Oil rinsing has been my savior for detangling.
ITA with pocahontas. I usually heat about 2 oz of evoo or jojoba oil or coconut oil up in the microwave for about 20-25 seconds and then pour on my hair while a little hot. Then apply my deep conditioner. works like a charm.