LHCF in public...

shellzfoshizzle

Is it just me or are you ladies thinking about LHCF in public places when you see other women of color and their hair. For some reason when I am at work (grocery store) or in class I often think, "dang, she NEEDS to surge her edges" or "I wonder what she uses on her hair because it looks great" or "she needs to moisturize those snaggly ends". :)

I think I spend too much time of LHCF when I am at work and thinking about how the next lady should care for her hair! lol. I just thought this was weird and decided to share! Haha!

Shellzfoshizzle, you're not the only one.

I do this everytime I come across someone whose hair looks god or bad (at least in my opinion). As a matter of fact, I did this yesterday. I attended my college's backetball game. While there, these 3 girls aged 14-16 walked in to find a seat and happened to sit near me. I couldnt help but to stare at their hair. It was just a poor site to see. On all three, their hair was dry and was screaming for moisture and a good trim. Their barely shoulder-length hair, resembled brillo pads. They probably believe that's the best condition their hair can get. These were also the type of girls that would believe that if a black female whose hair is long, healthy & flowing is a weave and couldnt possibly be hers (if you get my drift). Their poor haircare habits will definiately carry on into their adult lives.

Someone catch me before i go off on a tangent.....:lol::look::lol:

I know my hair may not be the longest on this board, but being educated (from this board) makes you see things you never looked twice at.

Crystalicequeen123

shellzfoshizzle said:
Is it just me or are you ladies thinking about LHCF in public places when you see other women of color and their hair. For some reason when I am at work (grocery store) or in class I often think, "dang, she NEEDS to surge her edges" or "I wonder what she uses on her hair because it looks great" or "she needs to moisturize those snaggly ends". :)

I think I spend too much time of LHCF when I am at work and thinking about how the next lady should care for her hair! lol. I just thought this was weird and decided to share! Haha!

Hahah!! OMG, girl...you are NOT the only one! Haha! I thought it was only ME who did this in public. I feel bad about it though because I don't want to seem "catty" or "snobbish" like a little know-it-all. BUt, when I look at so many other fellow black women's hair, I just say to myself "man, we REALLY have no clue about how to take care of our hair do we??" It's not our fault, we just weren't taught proper hair care. Add to this the constant myths and LIES (yes LIES) about our hair, and it's no wonder we're not all BALD by now!

I see many black women around me in public who either have a) fake hair, b) a wig, c) braids, or d) unhealthy relaxed hair. Maybe it's just my area, (MD, DC, and VA) but it's very rare that I see black women with really NICE long, healthy, THICK hair. :-/ I know it's not just a "black" thing either, because I have seen black women with long, healthy hair before. But it's so much a rarity, that when I actually DO see a black woman with long, thick healthy hair, I almost stare at her hair. LOL (Crazy I know)

But you don't know how many times I've looked at a woman's hair, and have thought: "wow, her hair looks really nice, I think I should ask her how she keeps her relaxed hair looking so healthy!" only to find out after CLOSER inspection that her "hair" is actually a good weave, or a wig!! OMG...I was so embarrassed one time because I was JUST about to ask a woman in front of me in the grocery line who's hair looked really healthy how she does it, when I looked closer and realized that her hair was in fact a WIG, and I could see her UNhealthy hair underneath from the back of her head! I was so embarrassed.

Crystalicequeen123

When I see black women in public, I think I tend to notice their hair now more often since being on this board. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. LOL* But, I think to myself: "Wow, she could use a good wash and conditioner!" Or, man....that relaxer has basically made her hairline non-existent!"

Sometimes I look at women with micro micro skin-tight braids and just think of all the damage it's doing to their hair. TRUST me....I KNOW! I used to wear extention braids in my hair when I was younger, and it wreaked havoc on my hairline, and probably caused thinning all over my head because the braids were so tight. :-*( But, most of the time the braids do look nice on people. THey even looked nice on me. I just didn't like what they did to my hair.

shellzfoshizzle

crml_buttafly said:
when i see someone with really well kept hair i wonder if the are a member of the lhcf

HAHAHHAHaaa I do this Alllllllllllllll the time. I'm just too embarassed to ask them if they are a member or not. I dont wanna look like a loser!

I'm soooooooo glad I'm not the only one who does this! :-D

Now...I must get back to studying :-\

Hair2day

crml_buttafly said:
when i see someone with really well kept hair i wonder if the are a member of the lhcf

That is so funny :lol:. I was just thinking this last Thursaday when I went out to this jazz cafe. The featured signer had some beautiful shiny black hair. I just thought too myself she must be a member of LHCF!!! God too know I am not the only one.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Ever since I joined the LHCF, I examine the hair of every black woman I see. For those with healthy looking hair, I wonder what their regimes are for their hair. For those whose hair doesn't look very well, I think of the different things I've learned from the LHCF that they could do to get their hair back into better shape. The thought of recommending the LHCF to them crosses my mind too! :weird:

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I hate to admit but yes. I done this way before the LHCF. There was this girl in HS who has possibly the worst hairline I have ever seen. She could give Brandy a run for her money. The damage was due to the glue-in weave she always used to get. I know she didn't care for her because I would always be eyeballing her like a fool. I will admit that was tacky as hell on my part. Hopefully she has gained her edges. But for tit for tat, my hair wasn't in the best condition in HS either, but I had my edges.

L

lkg4healthyhair

crml_buttafly said:

Me too...I do the same, especially at the Dominican Salon :D

SUPER SWEET

Lawd, the last time i mentioned it to someone she nearly bit my head off!
But there are a few friends of mine that could use the board.:wasntme:

confused_one

crml_buttafly said:

I do the same thing, especially when i see women wearing protective styles, i wonder if they are members, but wouldn't asked them.

SexySin985

We should have a secret code....... Like winking your eyes 3 times! Say your at the mall or something and you see a woman with beautiful healthy hair, you shoud go up to her and say "wow, your hair is beautiful, whats the secret!?" and as you say it wink your eyes 3 times. And if she is a LHCF member then she will catch on but if she isnt hopefully she will still tell you her secret. Wow, I put to much thought into this post. :ohwell:

MizAvalon

SexySin985 said:
We should have a secret code....... Like winking your eyes 3 times! Say your at the mall or something and you see a woman with beautiful healthy hair, you shoud go up to her and say "wow, your hair is beautiful, whats the secret!?" and as you say it wink your eyes 3 times. And if she is a LHCF member then she will catch on but if she isnt hopefully she will still tell you her secret. Wow, I put to much thought into this post. :ohwell:

I think there already is an unoffical secret code. If you see someone who you suspect may be a member of LHCF, you go up to them and say "Are you Nikos' cousin?" I'm not sure if anyone has ever actually used this though. :lol:

L

LaNecia

crml_buttafly said:

I saw a lady like this Sunday, wanted to ask her if she was a member but she threw me 'tude so I complimented her on hair anyway and went on my way.

My friend said it was fake, I was right behind her (before she let the door close in my face), it was NOT a weave but I did want to grab her little but in a choke hold about the door....:angry2:

NAY007

I always think about LHCF when I see women with jacked up hair. Sometimes I want to slide them a little note with only this website on it:)

senimoni

This is a tad off topic but I was at the Hair store and I saw so many girls buying this "Silky Straight" weaves, ponytails and what not when ....how shall I say this, they should be buying "Yaki". My point is ....match the hair ladies, in texture and color, silky straight might work the first two weeks of your relaxer, but not week 8. HELLO