Liquid Keratin 30 day *pics* looks like a relaxer

KLomax

I just finished putting the 30 day Smooth & Long Liquid Keratin Treatment in my daughters hair a few hours ago. Her hair is 3C/4? and natural. It looks like a fresh relaxer. I didn't think flat ironing was necessary....but I followed the directions. Take a look :yep: !!!

wash & towel dry

After blow drying

After flat ironing

Last edited:

Yoshi3329

I heard this stuff was a joke and a waste of money, now I see otherwise.

Then again, all the reviewers were white. I thought if they couldn't get it to work then it def. won't work on type 3/4 hair. I stand corrected.

She looks nice, great work!

MRJ1972

Looks really pretty....

Keep us updated!!!! I may try this on my daughter's hair when she takes a break from her install and wants to wear her hair straight...The less heat, the better

LadyPBC

I think it looks beautiful. I hope your DD loves it!

ETA: I just read the info on the link you provided. Did you flat iron her hair at 420-450 degrees?

Last edited:

SiobhanM

So you would have to spend 70 bucks every month? Or does the product last longer?
I dont know the difference between this and BKT. But BKT treatments either contain formaldahyde or atleast in the same family.

I found this tid bit of information

"The company bills the product as formaldahyde-free. They literally scream it at you in caps: "DOES NOT contain Formaldehyde or harmful chemical ingredients." However, if you look at the ingredients on their product label, you will see one near the top called "Biformyl." And another name for biformyl is oxalaldehyde, which happens to belong to the group of organic compounds called aldehydes...a group to which formaldehyde also belongs. "

http://livecurlylivefree.blogspot.com/2009/03/liquid-keratin.html

So im guessing its sort of like the BKT it might not have the smell but it uses similar temporary chemicals.

OP your daughters hair looks gorgeous. Please keep us posted on the results.

KLomax

I am curious about this. Are you sure her hair will revert?

The directions indicate the effects can last up to 6 weeks. It is not permanent....but I am going to monitor for the next 6 weeks.

Also it says she has a choice to wear her hair curly or straight without frizz and styling is cut dramatically when straightening the hair.( I'll let you know)

I heard this stuff was a joke and a waste of money, now I see otherwise.

Then again, all the reviewers were white. I thought if they couldn't get it to work then it def. won't work on type 3/4 hair. I stand corrected.

She looks nice, great work!

Thank you...her sides are 3c...but the back :perplexed is 4 something and tangles a lot.

Can you use this while transitioning?
A strand test is recommended if your hair is chemically altered.

What's the diff. between liquid Keratin and the brazilian treatment?
No formaldehyde (sp?)...this product uses keratin proteins & keratin peptides.

You did a good job! Let us know if it lasts 6 weeks.

I will...I'm curious myself.

I think it looks beautiful. I hope your DD loves it!

ETA: I just read the info on the link you provided. Did you flat iron her hair at 420-450 degrees?
I did, high heat was needed to seal keratin tx onto hair shaft. There was no burning or scorching. There is thermal heat protection in the treatment. The product did have a funky smell from time to time when flat ironing that didn't last.

If she wants to wear it straight I will rollerset/flatiron roots or she will wear a braid out.

Last edited:

mEmYSELFaNDj

Wow this looks great please keep us updated on how it effects her hair after its wet again. I would love to see pics of that. Just to see how it effects it when its curly again.