Liquid Keratin 30 Day Straight Smooth-Reviews?

tuffCOOKiE

I dunno, I don't think the price is too hefty as a BKT treatment is like 150 at it's cheapest. .. But i guess it's not fair to compare this to BKT as this is kinda like a shampoo/condish right?

I wonder if I can use the set separately.. I don't want to use a shampoo w ALS's in it..

malachi74

i just saw the advertisement for this in the latest ULTA mailer, still $69. After checking out the website i think it's sounds like a bit too much work for me. I'm also wondering why they don't have any before and after pics with 3c-4c haired models. I wonder if this is another one of those products that is not recommended for AA hair

grnidmonster

I am interested...and know that I know they have it at Ulta, I may accidentally, on purpose have to go and check it out.

SoCalli

My sister tried it recently. It didn't loosen her texture at all. I think she is about 4a??? Anyway, she has tried the BKT with formaldehyde. This was nothing like the original. It didn't look like we did anything to her hair at all. She said she might use it again. It is easier to do than the original BKT. Also, there is a lot of the treatment left to do at least three more times.

Coffee

I received mine several days ago, but I don't want to use it until after I relax. I will report back.

jbenberry

Used liquid keratin on my 3c/4a hair and will continue to use it. Loosen curls without losing the curl completely but if you want it change over to straight it can be done in seconds. FAQs from website.

8. Can Liquid Keratin be used on African American Hair?Liquid Keratin Treatment can be used on African American hair. Liquid Keratin will loosen the curl and tame unwanted frizz for up to 30 days with only one application. Liquid Keratin will also help make hair softer and tangle free. Hair can either be worn curly with no frizz or hair straight with very little styling required.9. How does Liquid Keratin work?Liquid Keratin infuses curly, frizzy unmanageable hair with the keratin protein that it is naturally missing.10. Does Liquid Keratin have a Thermal protectant?Yes, Liquid Keratin contains an ingredient that helps protect your hair from the heat of a flat iron.11. How long can Liquid Keratin results last?Liquid Keratins results can last up to 30 days. Liquid Keratin Aftercare products (shampoo, conditioner and leave in) are key in prolonging the process. They are specially formulated without Sodium Chloride. Sodium Chloride, which is in a lot of hair care products, will diminish the effects of the Liquid Keratin Treatment very quickly.

PGirl

Used liquid keratin on my 3c/4a hair and will continue to use it. Loosen curls without losing the curl completely but if you want it change over to straight it can be done in seconds. FAQs from website.

8. Can Liquid Keratin be used on African American Hair?Liquid Keratin Treatment can be used on African American hair. Liquid Keratin will loosen the curl and tame unwanted frizz for up to 30 days with only one application. Liquid Keratin will also help make hair softer and tangle free. Hair can either be worn curly with no frizz or hair straight with very little styling required.9. How does Liquid Keratin work?Liquid Keratin infuses curly, frizzy unmanageable hair with the keratin protein that it is naturally missing.10. Does Liquid Keratin have a Thermal protectant?Yes, Liquid Keratin contains an ingredient that helps protect your hair from the heat of a flat iron.11. How long can Liquid Keratin results last?Liquid Keratins results can last up to 30 days. Liquid Keratin Aftercare products (shampoo, conditioner and leave in) are key in prolonging the process. They are specially formulated without Sodium Chloride. Sodium Chloride, which is in a lot of hair care products, will diminish the effects of the Liquid Keratin Treatment very quickly.

Thanks for the post. I am going to try this as soon as I run out of my BKT product. BKT is helping me stretch. It works really well, but I need something without the fumes. Without the controversy too.

LaidBak

I received mine several days ago, but I don't want to use it until after I relax. I will report back.
Hmm, I thought this was supposed to be a substitute for relaxers (well, a substitute for texturizers). I look forward to hearing about your results.

Soliel185

Sounds like it might be nice for transitioners...with out that line of demarcation being so pronounced, it would prevent a lot of the breakage that people get.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Saw at Ulta in Silver Spring (for ladies in the DMV area). I'm so interested since I'm 12 weeks post and need to stave off breakage. But I want more information. Sounds a bit risky to use without more information.

victomae

Found this in the FAQs:

6. Can LK be purchased at a Retail Outlet? Liquid Keratin is currently being sold at Ulta stores nationwide, ulta.com, beauty.com and hsn.com with on air sales commencing in March.

sydwrites

I've tried it, i'm a natural 4a/b. I didnt really see a whole lot of looser curls when wet. There was one area that looked a little looser but not too much. I did get smoother, shinier, and definately reduced frizz hair. There are pictures on my blog from when I did the review and update.