Liquid Keratin 30 day *pics* looks like a relaxer

KLomax

I will try to post this weekend. Your hair is lovely :yep:

Per the instructions after 48 hrs (on friday....I actually did it saturday ) wash hair with De-Frizz shampoo then De-Frizz condish 1-2 minutes then rinse w/luke warm water..then spray on the leave in condish to moisturize. Hair was air dried/ flat ironed...here are the pics

pre treatment wash

post treatment wash 8/28/10

air dried/ @#$%&^ shrinkage

flat ironed 8/28/10

Pros : hair is easier to style/flat ironed in about 1 hr after air drying
DD loves her hair
very few tangles/ virtually no breakage( she has major shrinkage)
hair has lots of body & shine

Cons: price/ the 4 piece kit was $69, however items can be purchased individually

Future Use: Definately, every 8 weeks but I feel the only necessary item is the Liquid Keratin 30 day Straight Smooth Strong & Long treatment. It was the 1st item used....can be purchased individuallyfor $49 / 4 oz. ...directions also stress it is best not to use shampoos/conditioners containing sodium chloride .

PS: I think I can get 2 uses from 4 ounces to try to contain the cost. ...and I signed up for Ulta coupons/ sales.

I hope this helps!!!

KLomax

Update as promised..it's been 2 weeks since the initial tx on DD's hair...she is air drying & I am flat ironing. ...her hair is still easy to manage.

1st wash 8/28/10
2nd wash 9/6/10

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I 'm s-l-o-w-l-y trimming her ends.

naturalgyrl5199

Nice!
Please keep us updated!

ETA: I was worried about reversion.....but no more....My friend did a BKT and she wears it straight (APL+) for a couple of weeks, then washes it, lets it shrink and does the twist/bantu knot/wash n go look (shrinks to NL/SL) for a couple weeks.....it wears off after a couple of months...she is a type 3/4 mix....she has never relaxed her hair...she is 25...I am now a believer as I was simply worried about my hair not reverting....When it shrinks It doesn't shrink as much, and she feels its easier to detangle...when it wears off, its like she never had the BKT...She plans on keeping it up...

Last edited:

ConstantlyDynamic

thanks for the updates! it works beautifully. maybe i found the solution to my reversion problems. i would most likely do this in the summer. and it's healthier than the BKT right? no formaldehydes?

Ms Lala

Wow her hair looks really good. I notice she has some straight ends, does she usually wear it straight. I would be afraid of permanent damage from this.

KLomax

Her hair is Gorgeous Great job.

Thanks Toy I've been a fan of your hair for quite some time.

thanks for the updates! it works beautifully. maybe i found the solution to my reversion problems. i would most likely do this in the summer. and it's healthier than the BKT right? no formaldehydes?

I don't know much about BKT, but there are no formaldehydes in Liquid Keratin. I hope this helps.

Wow her hair looks really good. I notice she has some straight ends, does she usually wear it straight. I would be afraid of permanent damage from this.

She wore braid outs all summer.

curlycrocheter

I was really interested in purchasing this....Now I'm 100% positive I will be getting this to use for the winter time! Thank you so much for sharing and updating OP!

Embyra

This picture reminds me how much shrinkage can stop you seeing your true length!!! amazing hair keep up the good work!