Lisa Rachel Conditioner & Cleanser

keepithealthy

My sister gave me a bottle of Lisa Rachel Conditioning Cleanser with Argan Oil. I used it once to co-wash but I didn't feel like it left my hair moisturized enough. So I've decided to just use it as a shampoo. I usually use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo but I like this better. It leaves my hair and scalp clean but not stripped. I also like the tingly feeling on my scalp.

Any one else tried this? How does it compare to Hair One? (Wen is too expensive for me). I don't know if I will purchase one of my own when it runs out, I might try out Hair One.

Rina88

I saw this in the beauty supply store the ingredeint are identical to hair one except there were a few switch in order. I didn't buy either because I'm looking for reviews. I want a cleanser I can use frequently since cowashing doesn't work for me anymore.

chelleypie810

I use the olive oil one and it works great. the hair one argan oil left my hair not moisturized enough either so maybe its the argan oil type thats not working.

krissyprissy

I want to try this but my BSS was sold out of the Olive Oil. I love Wen (Fig) and would like to find something that compares to it thats cheaper. My BSS has it for only $6.99 a bottle. Hair One was a bust for me though because it made my hair tangle.

DearJohn

found this today at BB&B and I currently have it on my head detangling was not bad but it is not like Nourish spa, suave almond and shea and corinne de farme detangling with shea (this is the bomb, unfortunately it is only sold in Europe. dag marshalls for making me hook and not providing it anymore.) but it was better than other conditioners I have used.

My head is tangling and it's been on for 30 min nowI will rinse it ina bit. may be a great alternative for those of us scared by wen price point.

Coffee

I want to try this but my BSS was sold out of the Olive Oil. I love Wen (Fig) and would like to find something that compares to it thats cheaper. My BSS has it for only $6.99 a bottle. Hair One was a bust for me though because it made my hair tangle.

I saw this at our Ross' last week (Lisa Rachel).

DearJohn

I liked this. My hair felt cleaned without the astripping feel and it semi defined my coils (which is hard for anything to do) I also like the smell can't quiet define it but it was subtle and pretty good. I used the olive oil and aloe for dry hair.

indarican

im so happy everyone has good reviews... i bought this spur of the moment and instantly felt bad because i didnt check for reviews first...im so LHCF trained...lol

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Bump.

I bought this on a whim two weeks ago at the BSS store for $9.99. I got the one for curly hair with argan oil. This is my first official cleansing conditioner so can not compare it to other brands or Wen. I wash only once a week.

This works surprisingly well as a cleanser for both my 4b hair and my daughter's (age 6) 2b/c hair. My kinks feel clean but not super super soft or defined, which is fine because I prefer to use "washing" for scalp cleansing and product removal as opposed to focusing on moisturizing AND cleansing in one step. The moisture it does leave is a plus. I never feel stripped. Also, I have been experimenting with a sulfured grease and I feel no buildup. This Wen knockoff didn't leave any crud behind. It leaves the scalp feeling really good and clean as well. It did NOT irritate my eczema. Matter of fact, I've not had an itchy scalp or eczema patches at all.

My 6yo daughter with 2b/c WL hair gets co-washes 3 times a week. It does not feel stripped but very clean. Her hair still requires a moisturizing condish after, which is fine. It actually leaves her hair (with using the same DC as always) looking much much more silky than ususal. It's made doing braids and braid outs on her easier and the curls are way more defined. I also noticed less tangles even a couple days after use between co-washes (every 3 days).

I will continue to buy this brand for co-washing, but will try each flavor to see what works best for both our hair types.

Kindheart

I have the one for coloured hair and it's pretty good ,leaves my hair soft and supple .I don't use it regularly though .

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I also use this for my boys 3c & 4a curls, and it works well. No complaints for their hair. After rinsing it out, I rub some oil through their hair and then some NTM. It gives them great curl definition too.

For me, I hated it! It broke my scalp out, and almost caused a setback. And I can't stand the way it smells...like cheap, strong, old man cologne. The smell fades pretty quickly, but still.