Listerine as a relaxer base MY A$$!!!!

diva24

OPs hair looks great now, we all made mistakes with hair care once in a while, otherwise none of us would be here now would we?

Lexib

OP, your hair looks wonderful now but seriously, what did you do about the stylist?? Glad YOUR hair/scalp survived but that woman should not be allowed anywhere near anyone else's head - license REVOKED. :blush::nono:

butterfly_wings

That seems very unproffessional to me! fair enough if you want to try this out at home on yourself but to do this in a salon?!!!! crazy!

equestrian

Okay so I'm at the salon and my new growth is off the chain so it's touch up time> I was afraid of my scalp burning so I asked her to base me well. She says Oh gilr I'll put some listerine on it..it's the best base around.

I skeptically said "okay"

3 minutes in and my scalp is on fire... not from the relaxer cuz that ain't even on yet..but from the listerine!!!:burnup: Then comes the relaxer! It was all bad. I got telaxed cuz I couldn't take it.

Has this ever worked for anyone?

My scalp is still burning two hours later.

Not all bad news though. I did have the stylist use AO Hunersuckle Rose as my deep condition and CHI silk infusion prior to styling..the hair looks awesome but the scalp thing ain't no joke..moral to the story... stick to a nice thick petroleum base..for real for real!

the mouth wash?? whaaat?

blessedandlucky

it's fascinating to me that this old thread gets more views and responses than more current threads from members with current dilemmas/problems :nono:...and, yes, i know i contributed to the problem by responding.

as postively radiant said, let it die!

jada1111

I'm glad this old thread was bumped up, because it shows the ignorance and probable jealousy of some so-called hair stylists.

I'm so happy the OP survived what happened and no major damage took place. What she really needs to do is post WHO this "stylist" is and WHERE she works, because that listerine *ish sounds stupid and WRONG!! Folks need to be warned of this foolishness.

What a *itch!!!!