Listerine as a relaxer base MY A$$!!!!

scorpian

I've never heard of this but just reading Listerine and relaxer in the same sentence sounds painful!!!

I hope that you're better.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
That's straight up crazy.

We really need to educate ourselves ladies that way we won't believe everything stylists say. Just because they are licensed doesn't mean they know what they are talking about!!

Britt

Of all things she could put on your scalp, what the heck made her think of Listerine :whyme: :huh: :nono: .

Summer_Rain

What board am I on???!!! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone right now. she probably could have had handed you a glass of orange juice with a shot of bleach and a lye chaser, promising that you'd grow five inches a month and you would have gulped it down like :fat: :beer: and then wonder why you're :dead:

This has got to be a joke!

Allandra

Please tell me you're joking.

This is not even funny.

You could suffer some serious scalp burns and scalp damage.

I hope you don't have the nerve to let her even think about doing anything else to your hair. The best thing you could do for that stylist would be to call the board and the salon owner on her. This could potentially save her life (as the next person that she does this to won't be sitting around on a hair board laughing about it but on their way to cause her serious harm).

This is just pitiful.

:nono:

Okay so I'm at the salon and my new growth is off the chain so it's touch up time> I was afraid of my scalp burning so I asked her to base me well. She says Oh gilr I'll put some listerine on it..it's the best base around.

I skeptically said "okay"

3 minutes in and my scalp is on fire... not from the relaxer cuz that ain't even on yet..but from the listerine!!!:burnup: Then comes the relaxer! It was all bad. I got telaxed cuz I couldn't take it.

Has this ever worked for anyone?

My scalp is still burning two hours later.

Not all bad news though. I did have the stylist use AO Hunersuckle Rose as my deep condition and CHI silk infusion prior to styling..the hair looks awesome but the scalp thing ain't no joke..moral to the story... stick to a nice thick petroleum base..for real for real!

Summer_Rain

Please tell me you're joking.

This is not even funny.

You could suffer some serious scalp burns and scalp damage.

I hope you don't have the nerve to let her even think about doing anything else to your hair. The best thing you could do for that stylist would be to call the board and the salon owner on her. This could potentially save her life (as the next person that she does this to won't be sitting around on a hair board laughing about it but on their way to cause her serious harm).

This is just pitiful.

:nono:

I'm reeeeeaaally hoping this is a joke. I mean seriously - let me go get get a rake to massage my scalp, then do a Hennessy rinse - 12 minutes before I apply my relaxer.

I'll get back to you with the results

... :burning:

Allandra

I'm reeeeeaaally hoping this is a joke. I mean seriously - let me go get get a rake to massage my scalp, then do a Hennessy rinse - 12 minutes before I apply my relaxer.

I'll get back to you with the results

... :burning:
Yeah, I'm hoping it's just a joke too. This makes absolutely no sense.

Softresses

THis sounds like the hairdresser really had something against you. She tried to destroy your hair and scalp! I would definately report this. The consequences could have been horrendous.

My hairdresser when I was a teenager used Seabreaze after a relaxer too. It helped ease the burning.

Softresses

Summer_Rain

THis sounds like the hairdresser really had something against you. She tried to destroy your hair and scalp! I would definately report this. The consequences could have been horrendous.

My hairdresser when I was a teenager used Seabreaze after a relaxer too. It helped ease the burning.

Softresses

I've seen that done before, but put a little on a cotton ball and gently dab your scalp. They don't bend you over the sink and pour it on!! lol

MJ

Why did you let her put a relaxer on your hair after putting Listerine on your scalp (and the Listerine was already burning you)?

Last edited:

MissYocairis

OP! :blush: Why would you think that Listerine would be different on your scalp than it is in your mouth? Listerine is NOTORIOUS for burning! They even have commercials about how the "burn means it's working!" and all that! And their competitors even USE the fact that Listerine BURNS as a way to sell their own "non-burning" product. I would think it would be a natural line of reasoning to think that a burning chemical and a relaxer will not mix well. I would be watching my head very closely for the next month if I were you because by letting her put that in your head, you may have risked damage from a chemical reaction between the relaxer and the mouthwash. Good luck, sis. :sad:

DSP

Lilamae, please tell me you are joking.
You :spank:
betta:spank:
Not :spank:
EVER:spank:
let:spank:
someone :spank:
do:spank:
some:spank:
mess:spank:
you:spank:
know:spank:
is :spank:
wrong:spank:
to :spank:
your:spank:
head:spank:
again:spank:

Now go to your room! :nono:

KAT25

:bighug: for your scalp and you because I am sure you are in pain, How is your scalp today? Can we have an update?

Summer_Rain

sunshinebeautiful

Um, what? :perplexed

I'm mad that not only was there Listerine readily available in the shop

BUT

You let her put in your head and then put a relaxer on top of it?

Did you pay her? :nono:

Cichelle

Come on. :rolleyes:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever, ever read on a hair forum.

On the off chance that you are serious, please use your common sense when going to a salon. You are allowed to say no. You are allowed to get up and go home.

I'm curious: Did you tip her?

Summer_Rain

Come on. :rolleyes:

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever, ever read on a hair forum.

On the off chance that you are serious, please use your common sense when going to a salon. You are allowed to say no. You are allowed to get up and go home.

I'm curious: Did you tip her?

Why wouldn't she, listerine is expensive ya know!

Critical thinking ladies! CRIT.ICAL THINKING!

MissYocairis

Why wouldn't she, listerine is expensive ya know!

Critical thinking ladies! CRIT.ICAL THINKING!

EXACTLY! *Co-signing!* Do not allow another PERSON to do your decision-making for you when it comes to your HAIR! That's why I don't fool with salons AT ALL....but if I DID, best believe that heifer wouldn't get near me with a bottle of Listerine. :sad:

sunshinebeautiful

EXACTLY! *Co-signing!* Do not allow another PERSON to do your decision-making for you when it comes to your HAIR! That's why I don't fool with salons AT ALL....but if I DID, best believe that heifer wouldn't get near me with a bottle of Listerine. :sad:

And there it is right there.

Wow, OP, I'm really sorry you went through this. She should be reported immediately.