littlegoldlamb, i just wanted to thank you!

ladylibra

i was peeking thru your reviews the other day and saw the one about baking soda and conditioner as sort of a "texturizer." well, i got the bright idea to try it on my 3-year-old son's hair.

miracle #1: he left my the baggie on his head for an hour. AN HOUR. he's a toddler remember. and i assumed the baking soda would aggravate his scalp and he'd wanna scratch and pull the baggie off his head. he didn't mess with it, not one time. was totally indifferent to it even being on his head. after an hour i rinsed it and then followed up with a deep conditioner for an hour. again... the cap didn't even phase him. we played for 40 minutes, then he got in the tub and played while i bathed him and finally rinsed the conditioner out of his hair.

miracle #2 - he was worn out and took a nap after the bath. :lol: my son, the anti-napper, fell asleep as i picked his hair out. i have pics in my Fotki for those of you who don't remember how tightly coiled his hair is and how much shrinkage he has. it is nothing like mine. very much more 4b with some 4a patches and shrinks like 90%. this definitely made a difference in the shrinkage - still had a lot, but somehow was easier to comb and didn't immediately suck down to his scalp and fight the pick as it usually does.

i'm not really sure how often i will be doing this... but it's definitely a keeper and i just wanted to give my little shout-out! :wave: