Loc Album updated-1 year Sisterloced

Netta1

Heeeeeeey ladies.

I've been sisterloced for 1yr as of May 16/17.

Here are a couple of facts I learned about locs:

You can take them down ANY TIME/ ANY SIZE, ANY TYPE exc.
They shrink during the first year, therefore you may not see "length" until month 18

Loc bun pic below:

more pics over there-----> http://public.fotki.com/Netta1/locked-and-key-/

Enjoy! :kiss:

somewhereinbtwn

I've always said I wanted to grow long sister/dred locks at one point in my life. Maybe some time in that imaginary place in the future were I have enjoyed my loose HL hair for awhile and it's time for a change. Your pics are exactly why I want to do it! Hair inspiration!

geejay

Your hair looks wonderful and you seem to be having such fun with your hair in your album. :)

Netta1

Wow. That bun is gorgeous!:)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

wow! so pretty!

Beautiful!

Thanks ladies :kiss:

I've always said I wanted to grow long sister/dred locks at one point in my life. Maybe some time in that imaginary place in the future were I have enjoyed my loose HL hair for awhile and it's time for a change. Your pics are exactly why I want to do it! Hair inspiration!

Thanks Sophie, I was a loose natural for years before I took the plunge, you will know when you are ready :yep:

Your hair looks wonderful and you seem to be having such fun with your hair in your album. :)

Thats true...what I like best is that I don't have to worry about split ends, detangling or protective styling. :yep:

Netta1

Beautiful! I'm thinking about loc'ing my hair as well. Enjoy!

Yes you should go for it :yep:

OK, so I LOVE that bun...

Thanks 13Steps!!!

Beautiful! Do you tighten them back up yourself or do you go to a salon?

I go to the shop every 8-10 weeks, in cost about 80 bucks and it takes her 2 hours. Some people retighten on their own...but ummm no not me :lol:

Your hair is beautiful!! :grin:

Very pretty!! And I love your siggy!

Thanks Ladies :kiss:

soupreem27

I am seriously thinking about doing sisterlocs. I might go for it on my 4 yr nappiversary (October 2011) . My hair is currently almost MBL in the back, APL on the sides, 1 1/2" past chin length in the front and to the nape of my neck in the middle. I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time since I'm so used to my hair care regimen. I know that I will have to re-learn how to do my hair.:ohwell:

Netta1

I am seriously thinking about doing sisterlocs. I might go for it on my 4 yr nappiversary (October 2011) . My hair is currently almost MBL in the back, APL on the sides, 1 1/2" past chin length in the front and to the nape of my neck in the middle. I'm excited and nervous about it at the same time since I'm so used to my hair care regimen. I know that I will have to re-learn how to do my hair.:ohwell:

do it do it!!!! :yep"

What happens to your hair if you decide you to remove the locks?

If you comb them out? Nothing, your hair is just be loose again. Of course you stands will need some TLC- going from loced to loose.

Very nice!!!!

You bumped me, lol that was sweet :kiss: