1 year progress (pic heavy)..........

~NanCeBoTwin~

Hi Ladies-

I've been a "member" for a year, but I lurked long before I officially joined. Below are pics of my hair from around the time I decided to join:

Dec 2008

Feb 2009

Feb 2009

I decided in Feb to try and stretch my relaxer for 16 weeks, I'd last relaxed on Dec 12, 2008. Once I hit my 16 week goal, I continued setting different goals until I finally decided on 9 months. I think it would have been something like 39 weeks. Well I made it 33 weeks and here are those results:

Aug 2009
Right after the relaxer blowdried:

Aug 2009

I decided I'd start relaxing every 6 months, which would put my next relaxer in Feb. Well I didn't make it to Feb, but I did make to around 17-18 weeks. I'm still pretty proud of myself, considering I was relaxing every 10-12 weeks (by my choice not my stylists). So when I get to the shop today my stylist tries to talk me out of the relaxer (I love her), but she lost. I was determined to get the relaxer. I did set a new goal for April/May. However, she made a valid point that by then the weather will be warm, I'll be doing more twist outs, wash n go's, and co washing. So i probably should go for November, while I agreed with her point, I did not agree with her time frame. My next relaxer will be in Aug/Sept.

Anyway, Here are the results of my relaxer today:

Dec 2009

Dec 2009

Adaoba2012

That is some wonderful progress! I looove stretching relaxers too! I hope my one year update shows alot of progress like yours. Your hair is very pretty and healthy too!

caribeandiva

Human being
Who is your stylist cause I love her too. I've never heard of a stylist encouraging you to stretch your relaxers before.