Lol Lol... Changing your hairstyle at work...

metro_qt

My boss is a 'manly man'. He hired me because they need more females in the design dept. Him and the other guys talk about guy stuff, and make crude men jokes...

I wear my hair in a wash and go everyday, but this week, i decided I needed a change, so I got a long weave with bangs. Most of the people have been staring, and then they'll be like oh! your hair looks nice!
(which i think is pretty good for a bunch of guys)

Except my boss, who doesn't really say much to me unless it's very work related. Have you got this and that done? No? Get on it!!!

just now, in an short meeting with him, as I was leaving he's like "So.... How do you get your hair so straight!!!?!?"

I burst out laughing, because I had to explain it was a weave, and the amazed look on his face! "Those are extensions???" I was like. yea...... kinda...

I just thought I'd share, I got a laugh out of it because he is an Italian male who really doesn't want to concern himself with 'women's issues'
But this must have confused him so much for the past couple of days that he just had to comment...:lol: :lol:

sweetcashew

This story reminds me of when my sister-in-law , who is white, allowed me to give her a full head weave. She went from about 2 inches of hair to bra-strap lenght hair. She's from South Dakota and came to visit us for 4 days.
When she went back home to SD, everyone was puzzled about the hair change. They couldn't understand how her hair grew so fast. Her neighbor told her that he guessed he hadn't seen her in a long time because the last time he saw her her hair was short. (She's seen him about a week before)
Even to her hairdresser couldn't figure it out.

RainbowCurls

LOL
It makes me laugh (but also despair slightly) when people can't tell someone's hair is fake especially when they've done a sudden short to long change.

Jaelin

The fashion police page of the March 6 US weekly addresses this very issue. I guess because we're more open about / exposed to it we can recognize it faster? I know that when I first realized there was such a thing as a weave, it explained a few things to me.