long hair diva's who use aphogee... advice needed

blackberry815

So whenever I do the aphogee 2 step protein treatment I sit under the dryer and my ends never quite get dry and hard like the hair uptop directly under the dryer. I have tried using a hair net but the weight of the hair drops within the net and my ends still do not get dry ( I'm relaxed bone straight so my hair will not stay in place when wet.. it slides). (I am afraid to use pins and clips on wet hair because I find that my hair especially is much weaker when wet). Using a hand held dryer makes me nervous because the hair is blowing everywhere with this hard stuff in it and to me thats just too much manipulation. It also takes a very long time to dry with the hand held and it still doesn't dry as hard as the top of my head.....

I am wondering if any of you with long hair have this issue and what method you ladies utilize to get those ends dry with the aphogee. I am due to relax next week so I would like to get one protein treatment in before my relaxer.

Butrsoft

:bump: empressri did a video on her technique and her hair is very long. I am not sure if she still uses it at passed hip length, but maybe she'll come in and let us know :yep:.

JJamiah

Black Berry I stopped using Aphogee 2 step due to that, and the fact that it was taking tooooo long to dry throughly. I bought DUdleys DRC it takes 15-20 minutes under the dryer under a cap and it leaves your hair so strong. HUH, love this stuff :)

It was taking me over an hour to get the helmet dry and once it hit 1.5 hours I said FORGETTABOUTIT!

blackberry815

Black Berry I stopped using Aphogee 2 step due to that, and the fact that it was taking tooooo long to dry throughly. I bought DUdleys DRC it takes 15-20 minutes under the dryer under a cap and it leaves your hair so strong. HUH, love this stuff :)

It was taking me over an hour to get the helmet dry and once it hit 1.5 hours I said FORGETTABOUTIT!

Lol yea i have to ask myself if its even doing anything for the ends since i dont have the patience for them to dry as they should....smh i was hoping someone had a solution for me since i have this product already and hate wasting money! Lol oh well dudleys drc it is huh?

JJamiah

Lol yea i have to ask myself if its even doing anything for the ends since i dont have the patience for them to dry as they should....smh i was hoping someone had a solution for me since i have this product already and hate wasting money! Lol oh well dudleys drc it is huh?

Yeah definitely use that up no Wasting :)
I hate waste too!

I used up my last bits but was at the end of my rope on my second to last usage.

I clipped it with a plastic clip and dealt with the bend when it dried, nervous though because I thought it would pop my hair off. After a few times of doing this, it still took a while to dry.

You won't be disappointed in the DRC if you decide to go that route.

Bnster

I was wondering about this too. My last wash I used a blow dryer on my ends first, High Heat, low speed and then sat under the dryer to do the top of my head. I am interested too on this.

JJamiah

@JJamiah i just looked up drc and omg! And here i was thinkin aphogee was getting too pricy! Man.... this hair is gonna send me to the poor house....

:lachen: :yep: But it last over a year :) you only need a little. :) plus it saves electricity and your precious time :yep: :D

But yes she is a costly little debil :)