Long hair ladies, do you ever envy?

seeminglysweet

Ladies with CUTE short hairstyles/cuts? :rolleyes:

I know I do.

I'm bunning and all I see are sassy cuts, flowing layers, honey blonde spiked do's and STYLE, STYLE, STYLE.:wallbash:

I do think short styles look more sophisticated and professional than long hair. :blush: (Yeah I said it).
Notice I said styles, not just someone who isn't retaining length.

mzcris

Yeah I use to wear my hair short all the time and I loved it! But short hair is high maintenance...now that my hair is much longer I could not imagine going back to short hair. However, I look at short hair and picture myself with the cutes earrings on...:rolleyes:

Desert Skye

YES YES YES! Oh my gosh, when a lady is rocking a short haircut and looking fierce, I just want to pull my hair over my face and hide.

sprungonhairboards

Nope.

Been there done that. I only envy the seemingly unattainable. If I want short hair I can just cut mine off. I HAVE been known to shave my head on a whim with no warning, completely out of the blue after years of growing it back. And probably will again eventually. Now that I've been bald and know it's cute on me and can grow back whenever I want, its not a big deal.

Last edited:

seeminglysweet

same here. I'll swing my long, luxuriours, silky future waist length hair in their short haired face :blush: and keep steppin.

:lachen:
I felt like that for a long time, but now something is taking over me.

Hopefully, it's just the winter blues because I cut my hair to SL in 2005 and I HATED it.

Miss*Tress

Very rarely. In the past two weeks, I've seen type 2c/3a women with precision haircuts that looked too good, I kept staring. In general, though I really only envy long, thick beautiful hair.

tapioca_pudding

I still have short hair (you gonna swing ya hair in my short haired face, growinstrong???? :lol: ) but sometimes when I see ladies with sexy cuts, it makes me want to grow my hair into a bob like Tasha Smith in 'Why Did I Get Married' and do the dang thing... :yep:

And who knows, after I reach my current goal (APL), I may decide to cut it into a cute bob again. :) We shall see....

growinstrong

Nah, I was just being sarcastic . I love long hair and short hair. As long as its healthy like yours, its all good. BTW, your hair is sooooo shiny, I'm jealous :look:

I still have short hair (you gonna swing ya hair in my short haired face, growinstrong???? :lol: ) but sometimes when I see ladies with sexy cuts, it makes me want to grow my hair into a bob like Tasha Smith in 'Why Did I Get Married' and do the dang thing... :yep:

And who knows, after I reach my current goal (APL), I may decide to cut it into a cute bob again. :) We shall see....

tapioca_pudding

Nah, I was just being sarcastic . I love long hair and short hair. As long as its healthy like yours, its all good. BTW, your hair is sooooo shiny, I'm jealous :look:
LOL I was just messin with you!!!!! :kiss: :D It's all good! Thank your for the compliment! Your hair is bangin... :yep: You got a right to swang it!

ladylibra_30

i really admire women who have the asymmetrical bob....you know, short/layered in the back and long in the front. i had this bob for most of my 20's. sometimes i think about cutting my hair again.

Monigirl

:lachen:
I felt like that for a long time, but now something is taking over me.

Hopefully, it's just the winter blues because I cut my hair to SL in 2005 and I HATED it.

Is someone is catching the cutting bug? Prescription for the Cutting Bug: hide all the scissors in the house
I caught the cut bug back in Aug.:lol:
Never had short hair before and I must say I have enjoyed short hair but now I am growing it back. Long hair is easier to style.
Currently I am envying long hair just a little :grin:

Here is a pic of my short hair inspiration (Melinda Williams) when I chopped mine off.

Last edited:

KinksnCurlz

i loveee short hair. i use to cut my hair every summer just because...
i find that my hair is easier to manage when it's short, but harder to put in a ponytail :lol:

Diya

Right now I'm in that in between phase where I wouldn't really call my hair long or short... and I don't envy, but I do admire women with hair of all lengths who wear it well! :yep:

seeminglysweet

i loveee short hair. i use to cut my hair every summer just because...
i find that my hair is easier to manage when it's short, but harder to put in a ponytail :lol:

I used to cut my hair every winter just because also!

I found my hair easier to manage when I was SL, I just didn't like my style. But I've decided that IF I ever go SL or shorter again I will do a honey blonde along with it just to make a point.

Monigirl said:
Here is a pic of my short hair inspiration (Melinda Williams) when I chopped mine off.

I wouldn't go quite that short, but the Victoria Beckham cut is fierce!

STLCoverGirl

Is someone is catching the cutting bug? Prescription for the Cutting Bug: hide all the scissors in the house
I caught the cut bug back in Aug.:lol:
Never had short hair before and I must say I have enjoyed short hair but now I am growing it back. Long hair is easier to style.
Currently I am envying long hair just a little :grin:

Ok, lady, where you been hiding at?:grin:

I love your short cut, you look hot. Long or short you can pull it off!

Esq.2B

Funny you should ask this.

I wouldn't say envy but it does make me want to cut mine.

I had a short hair cut at one point in time and it was fierce if I might say so myself.:lachen: (It was Halle Berry short). I got sooooo much attention from guys. I mean even professional athletes (who IMO tend to flock to mixed looking long haired girls) were flocking to me. It was weird. I always thought that men preferred long hair until I cut mine short. I realized that's BS because most men would take Halle Berry over a lot of long haired women any day. Men just like what looks good. And the reality of it is that many women can't get away with a short cut because the attention is now focused directly on the face. It's not hidden by the hair. I remember Tyra talking about that on ANTM when one of the contestants from a past season was crying about her hair cut.

I decided to grow my hair back once I went back to school because it was too expensive to maintain when it was shorter. Running back and forth to the salon to keep it fresh and keeping my attire up to go with the essence of having short hair was a lot. I do sometimes wonder how it would be to go back to short hair. It gave me this extra umph...recently, I had a guy ask me, "why are you growing your hair out?" Now you're just gonna look like "every other girl." "I liked it better when it was short."

P.S. Come to think of it, when I saw Rihanna's haircut, I was like daaaaaaang, that's just what she needed.:grin: I love it! To me she definitely stands apart from the crowd of the other long haired R&B divas.

At any rate, I'm embracing my length at the moment :grin: but that's not to say that I won't cut it again one day.

seeminglysweet

Funny you should ask this.

I wouldn't say envy but it does make me want to cut mine.

I had a short hair cut at one point in time and it was fierce if I might say so myself.:lachen: (It was Halle Berry short). I got sooooo much attention from guys. I mean even professional athletes (who IMO tend to flock to mixed looking long haired girls) were flocking to me. It was weird. I always thought that men preferred long hair until I cut mine short. I realized that's BS because most men would take Halle Berry over a lot of long haired women any day. Men just like what looks good. And the reality of it is that many women can't get away with a short cut because the attention is now focused directly on the face. It's not hidden by the hair. I remember Tyra talking about that on ANTM when one of the contestants from a past season was crying about her hair cut.

I decided to grow my hair back once I went back to school because it was too expensive to maintain when it was shorter. Running back and forth to the salon to keep it fresh and keeping my attire up to go with the essence of having short hair was a lot. I do sometimes wonder how it would be to go back to short hair. It gave me this extra umph...recently, I had a guy ask me, "why are you growing your hair out?" Now you're just gonna look like "every other girl." "I liked it better when it was short."

P.S. Come to think of it, when I saw Rihanna's haircut, I was like daaaaaaang, that's just what she needed.:grin: I love it! To me she definitely stands apart from the crowd of the other long haired R&B divas.

At any rate, I'm embracing my length at the moment :grin: but that's not to say that I won't cut it again one day.

umhum.
Don't even get started on Rihanna cut

Monigirl

Ok, lady, where you been hiding at?:grin:

I love your short cut, you look hot. Long or short you can pull it off!

Hey STLCoverGirl,
I was working to death at an Ethanol Plant doing 7 days straight Night shift. (Had no life) Currently, I quit and I looking to start school soon. Now I have all the time in the world to lurk on LHCF and Fotki sites.
Thanks, glad you like it. I was lucky it came out the way it did.

lunabelle

Nope, my head is too big for short hair, besides i think long hair looks more exotic. Everybody and they momma got short hair...

glamazon386

Ladies with CUTE short hairstyles/cuts? :rolleyes:

I know I do.

I'm bunning and all I see are sassy cuts, flowing layers, honey blonde spiked do's and STYLE, STYLE, STYLE.:wallbash:

I do think short styles look more sophisticated and professional than long hair. :blush: (Yeah I said it).
Notice I said styles, not just someone who isn't retaining length.

I agree. All summer every time I saw a fierce short hair cut it made me want to cut my hair. I should have did it before I BCed. :ohwell: