Longest lasting braids

What is the longest you left your braids in (individual braids) not cornrows? I have mine in now for two months, and want to leave them in longer, I have been oiling my scalp frequently. How much longer should I leave them in?

Casarela

7 weeks

IMHO I think that 2 months is sufficient because although you wash your hair there are some parts that needs to be washed deeper . I wouldnt keep them longer to avoid tangled hair as well. I know after a month I need more than one good DC. More than 2 months gosh my head would itch too much...

Amerie123

2 months is probably the longest I've left my individual braids in. If you like the braids that much, just get them re-done. But you may want to take it out so that you can save all of your progress.

Mook's hair

I've pushed mine to 2.5 months a few times but I randomly redo 3 or 4 at will the entire time I wear them. Especially around the edges.

I think it depends on the texture of your hair and how well you've maintained the new growth. If you don't think they look a mess, and you don't see any parts trying to loc then you may be able to hold off.

Nonie

I've pushed mine to 2.5 months a few times but I randomly redo 3 or 4 at will the entire time I wear them. Especially around the edges.

I think it depends on the texture of your hair and how well you've maintained the new growth. If you don't think they look a mess, and you don't see any parts trying to loc then you may be able to hold off.

The bold I find is key to not losing hair, IMO. I wore the last set I had from April 2007 to August 2008, but I was continually redoing my braids, one at a time, as time allowed...so that they stayed neat and didn't dangle painfully.