***LOOK WHAT I DID W/ HOT ROLLERS AND CASTOR OIL (PICS!!)***

JuicesN'Berries

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies....I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond...I work in the oil industry and if you don't know they drill oil 24 hours a day....so when I'm not working/sleeping in the field...I'm trying to sleep at home before they call me out again...Anyway I SINCERELY appreciate all of your lovely comments and I will do my best to answer all questions......

Girlfriend, that is a bangin hair do right thurr.

GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Thank you so much...I absolutely love the hairstyle in your siggy!!

Very pretty! How many weeks post relaxer are you?

Thanks...I am 8 weeks post......

OMG I Luv it ! :heart2: But sorry Girl I got ????
So you brought the rollers @ Walmart...can you show a picture of the box the rollers came in( I don't want to purchase the wrong ones) and the castor oil ? Where did you purchase the castor oil? Are you natural,relaxed,texlaxed ?

Thanx

Yes I bought the rollers at wal-mart they are made my remington....and I'm sorry I don't have the box....look at the first picture in the post....you will find them. Wally world always has them. This is my second set....You can buy the castor oil from vitamin shoppe....I bought mine at some random vitamin store...but I know they have it there. And I am relaxed....hope this helps..

At first when I saw the first pic I was like ok!!?? Maybe im not getting it right then I scrolled down and saw your other pics of the final results.....AMAZING!!!!! MY JAW DROPPED TO THE FLOOR. Good job its beautiful. However , I would like to know if your hair came out sticky greasy? or just really soft?

Honestly my hair came out super duper soft ...it always does when I use castor oil.....I think my hair just drinks it literally.....it never is greasy..

How much castor oil did you use? I'm a little heavy handed so I need some guidance! TIA!

Actually I use alot...I am very heavy handed. I can't really say how much you should use because everyones hair is different...my hair is thick and alot of castor oil doesn't seem to effect it. I can say I put a palm full when I first washed it.....and another palm full when it dried...

If you were to see my hair now after not being home for a couple days and not being able to put castor oil in it....you would think I never put any in to begin with..My hair just absorbs it....

HAHAHAHAHA! Girl...folks have 30,000 hits on youtube just showing people how to flat iron. 10,000 hits showing folks how to roller set. There are even two strand twist videos with 5,000 hits. That tells you some of us can't twirl two pieces of hair together w/o seeing it on video. LOL.

I've watched a couple of those videos. More than ONCE! You know we need to see exactly how much hair you put on the roller. Exactly how much castor oil. Did you part your hair? Or was it grab and go? LOL.

That's if you have the time and are willing. Pease...Peasee..I use to say that as a kid Peasee. lol.

Oh wow!!! I really would like to make a tutorial unfortunately time is an issue for me right now...I would love have fans like Ateyaa on youtube...I don't know I will have to work on that...I know for sure it won't be anytime soon....I don't even wear my hair out...I literally did my hair so I could post this for ya'll so it will be a long time before I attempt to do my hair again...but I will elaborate on how I did it...

1. I washed my hair with Matrix Sleek. Smooth shampoo and conditoner...I left some of the conditioner in. (BTW every other day prior to this I deep conditioned/cowashed with motions CPR/ Hask Henna Placenta/ Silk Elements Olive Oil Moisturizing treatment)

2. After I condtioned I applied a handful of castor oil from the roots to the bottom...then I put it in a loose bun...and let it dry for a day.
****If you really have a hard time getting your hair straight I would recommend putting your in two french braids or brushing it back, braiding it and then putting it in a bun...therefore it can dry as straight as possible.****

Also if your hair is not as straight as you would like it....you can run the blow dryer through it for five minutes if you are not terrified of heat

3. Ok so the next day I took down my bun...brushed it and applied some more castor oil (handful). I'm not to big on parts I just pulled pieces starting from the front middle section. I took the first piece (if it was dry I put a dab of castor oil on it) brushed it and then rolled it.

I used about six large rollers in the middle section, and then four rollers on each side so about 14 altogether...

4. I let the rollers sit for about fifteen minutes....its best to wait until they cool off....then take them out.

If you do not want your hair to be curly and you want it straight I think this point would be a great time to use the saran wrap method......although I didn't, but have in the past and achieved terrific results....

Hope this helps...feel free to ask more specifics...although this is really all I did....

your hair must have drank that oil because it only left shine behind , cant see the oil at all

Yup my hair gobbles it up for some reason.....

Juices, where oH where are you!?! Do you use any other leave ins besides the castor oil?

Did you apply to the castor oil to each section individually or to your entire hair at once?

What brand of castor oil is that?

By the way, your hair is gorgeous :yep:

Thanks actually I left some of the conditoner that I used (matrix sleek.smooth)...I wrote the directions above here somewhere^^^^^^

I did apply castor oil to each idividual section that still seemed dry

I think I used palmer christi castor oil....go to the vitamin shoppe website...they have it. I also have used their brand...hope this helps

BEAUTIFUL and shiny! Just bought some castor oil, after not using it in years. Great on the ends. :yep:

My Caruso console broke. :sad:

Juices, is the Remington a steam set, or just regular heated roller set?

This is just a heated set. No steam..Yeah castor oil is great on the ends...

Absolutely beautiful. I have to try that method. How long did you have to keep the rollers in?

Thanks ......I kept them in for about fifteen minutes..

godzooki

Wow! I have hot rollers that I have not touch in over a yr and castor oil! I'm going to give this a try at next wash!

bbdgirl

OMG...this is so beautiful. I have to try this. Now this is something that I can definitely do. thanks for the heads up.

teenie

Ok so I washed and conditioned my hair and applied some castor oil while it was wet....I let it air dry and the 2nd and 3rd pic is what looked like when it dried. I applied some more castor oil when it dried and rolled it with my remington hot rollers.

Here is what it looked like after I took the rollers out....

Then I wrapped it....and took it back down....here is the final result....

So here is a way (if you already didn't know) that you can straighten your hair with minimal heat....BTW castor oil is the ish!!!

Where do you get the Castsor oil from.....I've never tried castor oil but my hair is so dry this winter I need to try something and fast.

JuicesN'Berries

Where do you get the Castsor oil from.....I've never tried castor oil but my hair is so dry this winter I need to try something and fast.

vitamin shoppe...and various healthfood stores if there are some where you live....if not I would order it from vitaminshoppe.com

teenie

vitamin shoppe...and various healthfood stores if there are some where you live....if not I would order it from vitaminshoppe.com

Thank you....cause I was thinking from the looks of the bottle I know this isnt the same castor oil they have at like cvs for constipation:perplexed