Looking for a relaxer that gets course hair really straight, not texlaxed!!!

ajoyfuljoy

Hi,

I used ORS relaxer after what was a long NG stretch (for me at least). Well to my surprise, it didn't get my hair straight but only loosened the texture. I knew it was popular on the boards but I didn't know it usually worked like a texlaxer.

That would have been cool if I wasn't a 4b course and kinky-headed mama! :lachen:But I need something that is really gonna get my stuff straight. I don't need my relaxer playing around now!

So, I'm asking for suggestions from ladies who have course 4a/b hair and who also use a relaxer at home (or maybe your stylists uses a relaxer) that you feels really gets your stuff really straight.

scorpian

Not sure if ORS is a lye relaxer or no lye relaxer but no lye never got my hair straight

Design essentials lye relaxer had my hair bone straight when it was relaxed and my hair is 4b

scorpian

ajoyfuljoy said:
Cool. Was it easy to do yourself or did you go to a professional to get it done?

I had it done at the salon but there was a recent thread about doing the design essentials relaxer at home

tallygirl

Ever tried Mizani? My hair is super course. My stretches are 12+ weeks. I self-relax and Mizani gets my hair really, really straight every time.

ajoyfuljoy

I just saw a thread asking 4bs what they used to get their hair relaxed. I'll reference that but I'm still looking for products that get kinky afro 70s hair straight! Thanks ladies for all your comments so far. And tallygirl, I will look into Mizani.

When I was in junior high, some of the girls who got their hair done professionally on a regular basis (not me) bragged about their hairdressers using that product. I'll check it out again.

ajoyfuljoy

Oh, I'm like duh ! :lol: Thanks scorpian for bumping that thread up for me. I was like, "Wow, this thread magically appeared out of nowhere."

So far we got Mizani, Design Essentials and Affirm. I'm very intrigued that tallygirl said Mizani gets her super course hair really straight after a 12+ week stretch. They need to pay you for advertisement on that one!!!

tallygirl

ajoyfuljoy said:
Oh, I'm like duh ! :lol: Thanks scorpian for bumping that thread up for me. I was like, "Wow, this thread magically appeared out of nowhere."

So far we got Mizani, Design Essentials and Affirm. I'm very intrigued that tallygirl said Mizani gets her super course hair really straight after a 12+ week stretch. They need to pay you for advertisement on that one!!!

They really do...LOL...I started using Mizani a little over a year ago, and it's a keeper for me...It's the only relaxer that has gotten my hair really straight....And when I say my hair is "super course hair," that is no joke, ya'll :lol:

ajoyfuljoy

tallygirl, I hope you're still online...how do you purchase Mizani? I thought professional stylists could only buy it

bablou00

Mizani all the way for me. My natural hair is really coarse as well and this is the only relaxer that I can remember that has left me w/ great results. If you look in my fotki you can see that I still have body and shine after the relaxer is applied. It gets my hair silky smooth and it I havent had any problems w/ it.

tallygirl

ajoyfuljoy said:
tallygirl, I hope you're still online...how do you purchase Mizani? I thought professional stylists could only buy it

I'm in Florida, and anyone can buy Mizani in the local beauty supply stores here.

crlsweetie912

I use Mizani too. Also ladies here have had good results with the ORS lye. Did you use lye or no lye. You can get mizani on ebay. I do it all the time!

I was hoping I could get one of them locally. I wanted to relax tomorrow but have been using ORS like the OP and get the same results as she, so I was looking for a change. I think I've used the ORS lye, relaxing half my head at a time, and still haven't gotten the bone straight look that I want yet. I know my hair can get bone straight b/c every relaxer I've had professionally done has given me that look.

gymfreak336

tallygirl said:
Ever tried Mizani? My hair is super course. My stretches are 12+ weeks. I self-relax and Mizani gets my hair really, really straight every time.

My sister has super thick coarse hair and she loves mizani.

ajoyfuljoy

O.K., I've heard that a lot of the BSSs in the Chi require you to have a beauty/barber license to get the product. But maybe I can find a ghetto one that will sell me some Mizani on the DL :sekret: