Looking for these Rollers

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Does anyone know where i can find these rollers?

http://supplier.tradeeasy.com/nf/p21737-d71c-5300-100974-3/Hair_Rollers_And_Hair_Pins.html

These are the ones that my hair stylist uses and they seem to be the perfect combination between the mesh and the magnetic in that they are hard, but they have multiple holes for the pins. I would just ask my stylist, but I'm going out of town, so I won't be able to see her for a couple weeks and I forgot to ask the last time I was there.

kitchen_tician

I went to a stylist here in atlanta and he used these. They hurt so badly, because he rolled them tightly. But they worked nicely. No, I don't know where you can get them.

momi

I just saw these in another thread - I believe it was the rollerset thread... she gave locations to purchase also. I will try to find it and post.

momi

When I was transitioning my stylist (Carolyn at Roots Int'l - ATlanta) used these rollers, they would get my hair soooo straight and smooth all she had to do was FI the roots. I think I need to get some of these too...

Syrah

Do you have natural or relaxed hair?

I ask because I have 3C/4A hair and have tried just about every type of roller that exists...EXCEPT these, so I'm wondering if should invest. :)

uofmpanther

Thanks so much for the replies!

Blackhair - Do you remember the brand name? I think part of the problem is I don't know the brand name to search for, so I'm going through every type of roller there is out there when I google.

MsNadi - I have 4a/4b relaxed, but I'm pretty sure they use these rollers for anyone that isn't 4b natural. These and for even larger sets they use the large blue mesh ones Albane uses.

Why is it that all the good rollers are international (i.e. French or Chinese)? :lol:

BrEE

uofmpanther said:
Thanks so much for the replies!

Blackhair - Do you remember the brand name? I think part of the problem is I don't know the brand name to search for, so I'm going through every type of roller there is out there when I google.

MsNadi - I have 4a/4b relaxed, but I'm pretty sure they use these rollers for anyone that isn't 4b natural. These and for even larger sets they use the large blue mesh ones Albane uses.

Why is it that all the good rollers are international (i.e. French or Chinese)? :lol:

The brand is burmax
http://www.burmax.com/rods.asp they're the mesh ones. I'm still searching online to buy them.

maryj1584

I was able to buy these burmax rollers today at a bss here in charlotte called PBS- professional beauty supply. It was listed on the burmax website as a bss that carries its products I think that if u want the rollers simply go to the website and see what bss have burmax products, and they prob would have the rollers. HTH

maryj1584

nikki1971 said:
Do you use end papers with these rollers?

I went to a salon last week and the guy who did my hair used these rollers, he used them with end papers, so when I use mine, I would be doing the same

maryj1584

I used them today and my hair was dry in 40 min flat. I think I am going to be sticking with these for a while, My rollerset came out so bouncy, it was great :) Thanks Bree for the link to the website

maryj1584

BrEE said:
Can anyone confirm the largest size these rollers come in?

AT the BSS, I rushed in and did not look too well cause it was closing last night, but the largest ones I saw were red, I did see any others and the red is about 1.25-1.5 inches in diameter.

uofmpanther

Just to update. I finally made it back to my hair salon and bought some from them. They do not use burmax, they use a German brand (I'm not at home and I can't remember the name) that they get from a special supplier.

Unfortunately, I did not rollerset my hair before I left Boston, so I did not realize that I did not buy enough, so I had to supplement them with my traditional mesh rollers. I could definitely tell a difference. The hard mesh rollers were much easier to roll and that part of the set came out smoother.

The good news, for those that cannot find Burmax, is that Goody makes a version as part of their Exquisite line and they include pins with theirs. I just found them at my favorite Michigan beauty supply store. I can't wait to do my next rollerset!

HoneyDew

bump bump bump.

I just HAD to bump this because I am so happy!

I bought these rollers and FINALLY I have been able to get rollers to stay in with roller pins!! These are the only ones that I am able to keep in tightly.

That was just practice, though. Tomorrow is the real rollerset where I sit under the dryer. I did not have time to do it today.

But, my trouble with making them stay in is SOLVED!! I can't wait until tomorrow!!

I can only use these pins though:

The ones that come in the package with the rollers are not as good!

I bought my rollers from:
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/meshrollers.html

kitchen_tician

Oh I see, these are actually mesh rollers. I love goldenmart's enlarged views of images. :) The ones my stylist used were hard, plastic and hurt like hell. See the pic in the op first post. I may have to try these, especially if they're easier to use with pins. Thanks.

HoneyDew said:
bump bump bump.

I bought these rollers and FINALLY I have been able to get rollers to stay in with roller pins!! These are the only ones that I am able to keep in tightly.

That was just practice, though. Tomorrow is the real rollerset where I sit under the dryer. I did not have time to do it today.

But, my trouble with making them stay in is SOLVED!! I can't wait until tomorrow!!

blackbarbie

HoneyDew said:
bump bump bump.

HD, how many rollers come in a pack and what size did you get? I tried using the regular mesh one and couldn't get them to stay in b/c I think the pins were too short and i could never find any of the extra long ones. Are the pins you're showing in your post really long and where did you find them? Sorry for so many questions, but I use the gray magnetic rollers right now and it's just almost impossible for me to get all the rollers in my head and be able to put 2 pins in each roller to hold it in place; just not enough room.

If I could give these rollers a try and make them work, I would be soooo happy!

HoneyDew

blackbarbie said:
HD, how many rollers come in a pack and what size did you get? I tried using the regular mesh one and couldn't get them to stay in b/c I think the pins were too short and i could never find any of the extra long ones. Are the pins you're showing in your post really long and where did you find them? Sorry for so many questions, but I use the gray magnetic rollers right now and it's just almost impossible for me to get all the rollers in my head and be able to put 2 pins in each roller to hold it in place; just not enough room.

If I could give these rollers a try and make them work, I would be soooo happy!

I got the red (6) yellow(8) and green(10). They really need a bigger one.

The red is about the same size as the orange magnetic rollers. That is much smaller than the gray one right?

Oh and those pins are a bit longer than the plastic ones, but they are sturdy,too, I think that is why I was able to get a tight hold. I got them from the BSS. Goldenmart sells them, but for $1 more than the BSS did.

PinkPebbles

Thanks Ladies for this thread!

I have been looking for these rollers for quite some time. I could not find them at any local BSS...:look: .

Today, I made an order online! My hair loves these rollers...the best for roller-sets...:grin: !!!!!

LynnieB

wow something else to look for!

i used those hard plastic ones and couldn't get them tight enough to flatten my NG.

these rollers look softer - would i be able to make them tight enough to control my NG?

don't have any pix but my rollerset came out really really nice, very smooth (on relaxed part) - no frizz at all even on the ends but in order to make it look really good i had to flat iron my roots to match.

ETA: i haven't curled my hair in so long that i actually forgot how amazing those smooth curls can be.
i think i've actually had my pang of transition second thoughts.....

if i can get a good transition rollerset method down, i think it will go away though.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

dlewis said:
Do you think I could use the metal clips with this kind of roller?

I think they could work with the clips. I did not try because I have had such a hard time using clips with other rollers. But, I can't see why they wold not work for those that know how to use the clips.

HoneyDew

LynnieB said:
wow something else to look for!

i used those hard plastic ones and couldn't get them tight enough to flatten my NG.

these rollers look softer - would i be able to make them tight enough to control my NG?

don't have any pix but my rollerset came out really really nice, very smooth (on relaxed part) - no frizz at all even on the ends but in order to make it look really good i had to flat iron my roots to match.

ETA: i haven't curled my hair in so long that i actually forgot how amazing those smooth curls can be.
i think i've actually had my pang of transition second thoughts.....

if i can get a good transition rollerset method down, i think it will go away though.

These are hard, too. But, they are thicker. I have a lot of NG in the nape area. I will know today after I am done if they get it straight for me.

dlewis

Thanks, I gonna try to find some of these tom. It seams as though it would cut down on the drying time.