Loreal Anti Frizz Gel on natural hair?

jetcitygirl

Smeller of roses
Hey ladies! I've been hearing a lot about this gel and it's on my "to try" list. I haven't used gels in over a year because I didn't like the "crunch" they caused. But in recent months I've been going back and trying some of the products in my closet that didn't work for me last year and I'm finding that some of them are great at my current length whereas I didn't like them before. So now I'm ready to try this gel. My question is how do you use/apply it? Do you use it to lock in the "wet curl" look or to smooth back your hair? How do you apply it without frizzing up your wet hair? Do you use it before or after a leave in conditioner? Do you wear your hair out with it or pulled back?
TIA!

G

gel has never worked on my un-relaxed hair...only when my hair was relaxed it worked..gel on my natural hair makes it curly/wavy instead of making "slick" or "straight".

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
I think it depends on the effect you're trying to achieve. I used gel when my hair was natural, but it wasn't the Loreal Anti Frizz. I was not trying to get my hair to lie flat or be straight. I wanted it to remain curly.

This gel does not have a lot of hold, but I don't want a lot of hold. Gels that have a lot of hold end up hard on my hair. This gel does not. I'm texturized.