L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Strength Treatment - My Review

Sugar

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Strength-Fortifying-Treatment/SBS-500374,default,pd.html

My hair has taken much more abuse this winter than normal. It’s been unusually cold in L.A. and I was home in Ohio for a week and wore my hair down while I was there (I haven’t done that in years). Needless to say between the cold, dry weather and the sweaters snagging my ends my hair needs lots of babying.

A few weeks ago I attended ISSE (International Salon and Spa Expo) in Long Beach. I was given samples and some full sized products from various brands. So yesterday I used one of the samples that I’ve been itching to try.

My Hair: 4a, relaxed, super fine strands, but I have lots of those strands…and they break easily. I also have an oily scalp. I try to wash every 3-5 days or at least twice a week. I use a protein conditioner and moisturizing DC each time.

The Product: The L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Strength Fortifying Treatment deeply fortifies, rebuilds and reconstructs damaged hair, leaving it visibly stronger.

• Restores and strengthens hair from the inside out
• Olive Oil, Panthenol and cationic Wheat proteins nourish, fortify and help repair damaged hair
• Ceramide transforms hair fiber from the core to the surface
• Hair is visibly stronger and healthier

What You Do: Apply to wet hair and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes. Rinse and style hair as usual. For best results, leave on hair 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse.

What I Did: I clarified first because I had a bit of product build up, not to mention my natural oiliness. Then I applied the L’Oreal treatment. First of all it smells so good I wanted to eat it. :lick: As I was applying it I noticed how soft it was making my hair. I left it on for about 10 minutes and I was very happy with the slip it gave me. In fact my hair kept slipping out of my hands as I was trying to rinse out the treatment…LOL.

Pros: The price is $9.99 at Sally’s, so its very affordable.

Cons: I’m running out of sample packets and the PJ in me is gonna force me to go out and buy some….LOL. But seriously, none that I can think of.

Overall: I recommend that you give it a try. I couldn’t be happier with the results.

Now the S&D I did after I was done blow drying my hair…that’s a whole ‘nother story. I’m surprised I still have any hair left :nono:

Esq.2B

So what was the result? Your post doesn't indicate whether or not it actually works. I saw your reference to the softness, but it's a strengthening product so I'm sure people would also want to know whether or not your hair felt stronger.

Sugar

So what was the result? Your post doesn't indicate whether or not it actually works. I saw your reference to the softness, but it's a strengthening product so I'm sure people would also want to know whether or not your hair felt stronger.

Good point. I think I focused on the softness because I had just clarified and my hair was feeling a bit stripped and it shocked me that I immediately felt the difference when I applied the product.

My hair did feel stronger, but not like after an Aphogee treatment. It had strength and moisture at the same time. The package says it has ceramides in it so I attribute the strength to the ceramides...and they attribute the moisture to the Wheat Protein.

It reminds me of how my hair feels after I do a yogurt, honey, and olive oil treatment...soft and strong.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Have you tried the Mega Moisture? I did and loved it...

I think it was now that you say that. Its hard to find and I think I saw one in my BSS. Only prob is I don't know how long the products have been sitting on the self, so hesitant to buy. Gotta go to sallys so I'll check there.

Sugar

I think it was now that you say that. Its hard to find and I think I saw one in my BSS. Only prob is I don't know how long the products have been sitting on the self, so hesitant to buy. Gotta go to sallys so I'll check there.

Its funny that you mention that. The last batch of Mega Moisture I bought from the BSS wasn't as great as the one I'd previously purchased from Sally's. I couldn't figure out why. Now I'm wondering how long it had been on the shelf. I ended up using it in my relaxers as opposed to after a shampoo.

sqzbly1908

Thanks for the review OP...I was kind of wondering about this product as I have the Loreal Mega Moisture and I love it...

Gotta use up some of my stuff before I buy this...

Sugar

Thanks for the review OP...I was kind of wondering about this product as I have the Loreal Mega Moisture and I love it...

Gotta use up some of my stuff before I buy this...

You're welcome : )

I have a bunch more products from the show to review too :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have the Mega-Moisture per Sqzbly1908's awesome reviews:grin: She Made me Buy it.....:yep: Because she posted about it sooooooo much.

and I may have the Mega Strength too (not sure):look:. IK I have 2 different ones......

Haven't tried either, but I will as I dig deeper into my Stash.:yep:

Thanks for your review.

Sugar

I have the Mega-Moisture per Sqzbly1908's awesome reviews:grin: She Made me Buy it.....:yep: Because she posted about it sooooooo much.

and I may have the Mega Strength too (not sure):look:. IK I have 2 different ones......

Haven't tried either, but I will as I dig deeper into my Stash.:yep:

Thanks for your review.

You're welcome :yep: