Loreal Paris Damage Repair! The Wonder Product!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
It's the best product line that I have ever used! They have the New advanced hair care line actually named the Total Repair 5 claim to heal a year worth of damage with one use. The 5 things it claims to do
1:rebuild fibers
2:strengthen hair
3:vitality
4:silkiness
5:shine

I don't know it cured a year worth of damage for me,but it did something no other products have done. I was easily able to detangle my hair and my natural hair dried soft. It didn't dry like a brick and my curls popped with just water. This is a first-time ever result for me.:yay::yay: It gave me the same results as a texture softener. No, it does not loosen my curls, it softens my hair! It gave me easy to detangle hair, and I am able to twist it better. I wish I were able to straighten my hair better,but I am learning that products do make a huge difference! I wish I found these products during the summer. . I'm going to do a keratin treatment by Organix during the winter. Hopefully this will help with the retention of my growth. I know that the Total Repair 5 line has given me the best results I ever had with my natural hair!:yep:

Ogoma

Is this the line OP?

http://search.ulta.com/search?p=Q&l...&method=and&userid=Guest&view=grid&isort=date

Ogoma

Ingredients for above:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth 6, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Arginine , Glutamic Acid, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cetrimonium Chloride, Serine, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Yellow 5CI 19140, Yellow 6CI 15985, D54157/1

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Thanks for posting the ingredients! I am so in love with the products! I am not sure how natural they are but they work better than anything I have used so far!:grin:

Honey Bee

I like this line too DDTexlaxed. I just stocked up at CVS. :sekret: They have coupons, girl. :lol:

I've only used the regular conditioner thus far, but my mom loves the masque, so I bought that and the serum. I haven't used them yet. I also bought the Arginine conditioner.

caribeandiva

Human being
Allure magazine raves about the mask in this month's issue. They recommend it for kinky curly hair. That piqued my interest so I checked it out at walmart but didn't buy it. It smells awesome though.

LdyKamz

I wanted to try this but for some reason I felt like I couldn't tell the difference between this and their other lines. Maybe I'll take another look.

greenandchic

I used the Total Repair 5 line (only the mask and conditioner) for the first time early this summer and I was supper impressed. I usually get it at my local Fred Meyers on sale + coupons. It reminds me of a Kérastase product I used years ago. I remember reading somewhere online that the ingredients of some of Kérastase's products were comparable. I can see that since Kérastase is a L'Oreal company.

joyous

I've had my eye on this for a while. Several times I started to buy it, but thought it would just end up in my product stash. I'm definitely buying since you ladies give a thumbs up. Thanks!

mshoneyfly

Ingredients for above: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla Cera) Wax, Cetyl Esters, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Trideceth 6, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Arginine , Glutamic Acid, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cetrimonium Chloride, Serine, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Yellow 5CI 19140, Yellow 6CI 15985, D54157/1

I think its the combo of behentrimonium chroride ( conditioner helps with detangling), amodimethicone (silicone), arginine (amino acid), (strength and moisture) and the wheat protein (strength and moisture). I think serine is an amino acid too. Those are what I call the active ingredients. Be careful not to get buildup. A clarifying shampoo needs to be done every so often.

I have this one, the moisture rush mask and the moisture rush conditioner. I use them when deep in a stretch.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Mleah

I had to bump this!! I just used the Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry oil. Totally amazing for me!!! It has 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol which is the same ingredient in the Mizani Moisture Intense. My fine natural hair is moisturized all the way to the ends and is so soft with minimal tangles. After I washed and conditioned I applied the Total repair then Bee Mine Luscious.(LOC) It's super dry here in SoCal but my hair is moist. I'm so impressed.

faithVA

I think I will give this a try. I have a 20%/25% off at CVS. I will remember to pick it up this weekend. Thanks for the bump.

NaturallyATLPCH

Yes, I bought the shampoo and conditioner. I haven't used it yet but heard great things. Especially about the DC. I am going to try out both when I take my braids out. I've heard great things.

Oh, I'm natural as well.

DrC

The Loreal Damage Repair did nothing for me. Probably cause I shouldn't have been using it in the first place :rofl: The green moisture mask worked great for me though:

Last edited:

faithVA

I bought both of these and will give them a try this weekend. I will use the damage repair and then follow up with the moisture mask. I will update after I try it.

They had little sample sizes of the shampoo and instant conditioner at Target. Little cute bottles for a little over $1.

coolsista-paris

We easilý find lots of loreal products at the normal grocery store here in france.
i keep passing in front of them. the choice is do large that i énd up not buying anything ( dont know what to choose) :-/