Lots of quick questions -bare with me

Dionne

1) What is good store bought hot oil treatment I can use before I shampoo. I have been using vo5 but looking for more ideas

2) What other good lye relaxers are there out there. I have been using motions but I have noticed that my hair doesn't get as straight as I am used to so but then again I have been using a mild formula and I might need to leave it on a couple of minutes longer. What do you think?

3) Do any of you add essential oils to your hot oil treatments

4)Do any of you know were I can buy smaller sized bottles of stuff. I don't want to spend 10 bucks on something and then not like it. I need travel size or something

5)Has anyone seen Fantasias new tea tree line? What do you think?

Thanks everyone. I know that was alot but the only stupid questions are the ones not asked right! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

Hi Dionne,

1. I used to use TCB hot oil treatment, but I'm sure the other ladies on the board can recommend some others that may be even better.

2. Mizani and Affirm are rated at the top of the list for lye relaxers. You do have to go to salon though to have it put in. If you do your own relaxers at home, you may have to leave it in a little longer to straighten your hair. I noticed you said you use the mild strength. Try using the regular strength and see how that works. Your hair may be more resistant and need a relaxer that's a little stronger.

3. I've never added essential oils to my hot oil treatments but it sounds like a good idea.

4. I've wondered about smaller size products myself. At the store where I shop the manager told me that many of the companies make small samples but distribute them to hair stylists or small beauty supply stores for them to hand to their customers or to try out themselves to see if they would be interested in using and/or selling their products. The companies really make their money with the standard size units sold to the public.

5. I've seen the Fantasia tea tree line but have not used them personally.

HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Dionne,

I just read Supergirl's review of The Elucence Moisture Barrier Balm as a pre-wash hot oil treatment off another thread. She loves it. She says not to use a lot; "a little goes a long way" to quote Supergirl. You might want to try it. I know I will. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
1) What is good store bought hot oil treatment I can use before I shampoo. I have been using vo5 but looking for more ideas.

Try to find one without water. I like Proclaim Natural 7 Oil and Hot Six Oil.

2) What other good lye relaxers are there out there. I have been using motions but I have noticed that my hair doesn't get as straight as I am used to so but then again I have been using a mild formula and I might need to leave it on a couple of minutes longer. What do you think?

I used to use Motions mild and my hair was never straighter. Most of the ladies here have good results with Motions, Affirm, Mizani and Dudley's. Mild and Regular formula. I wouldn't leave it on one second longer the directions called for!

3) Do any of you add essential oils to your hot oil treatments.

Not me. But I do add peppermint, rosemary and sage oil to my deep conditioners sometimes.

4)Do any of you know were I can buy smaller sized bottles of stuff. I don't want to spend 10 bucks on something and then not like it. I need travel size or something.

Ahh... the pj dilemna. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

5)Has anyone seen Fantasias new tea tree line? What do you think?

I've seen it at Sally's but I haven't tried it. Yet... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Peachtree

Hi Dionne,
I can only answer two of your questions...I have no knowledge of the other questions...sorry /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I alternate between Hot Six Oil (I simply love this stuff!) &
extra virgin olive oil (yep, the grocery store kind). No, I have never added essential oils to my pre-shampoo treatment...but this is something I may try!

God Bless
Peachtree