Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2012

rinsed with water again tonight

added my crazy oil/butter mixture (dont remember everything that's in it...but...there's oyin burnt sugar pomade, castor oil, sunflower oil, cocoa butter...i think maybe a couple of other things?)

then added garnier sleek & shine conditioner and shea moisture curl & style milk on top of it.

baggy'ing it all in now.

today my hair felt soooo good i couldnt stop touching it. tomorrow, i should probably wear my hair pinned up haha. a little extra ends protection.

I have only moisturized my hair once in 4 weeks. I am leaving this baby alone, plus I have been sick and definitely not in the mood for dealing with it. But now I am missing pampering it so I might get back to it by this weekend. I am still coughing a little bit so we'll see.

I would like to join this challenge. These are my stats:

1. Are you relaxed, texlaxed, natural, transitioning, etc
natural, 4a/4b

2. Current Hair Length
Ear length on sides, at nape of neck in the back of head

3. The issue(s) you are having with your ends
My hair of collarbone is shorter and broken off, than the hair on the sides of my head. My ends feel dry if I don't put oil on them.

4. What you have tried to improve your ends
I have worn my hair in a loose bun for the past few weeks. I have also stopped flatironing. I am using QBCastor & Moringa Softening Serum or castor oil on my ends. I braid my hair at night, and sleep with a satin cap. During the day, I put my hair in a loose bun or wear it out.

5. What you are going to try to get those healthy ends
I plan to finger detangle my knots with oil intead of using a comb each week. I used a comb to get rid of some shed hair last week, since I hadn't combed it in a while. I think my hands will help my ends more than my comb. I plan to also stop using heat on my hair and will start air drying again. Still using castor oil on my ends, will try to upgrade to JBCO to see if that helps. I also plan to prepoo with oil before I shampoo, focusing on my ends.

Thanks -:p

Still moisturizing daily and sealing with macadamia oil. But I'm almost out of my Mizani and I'm gonna be on the lookout fir a new moisturizer soon.

[USER=17947 said:
Adrienne72[/USER];15972651]I would like to join this challenge. These are my stats:

natural, 4a/4b

2. Current Hair Length
Ear length on sides, at nape of neck in the back of head

My hair of collarbone is shorter and broken off, than the hair on the sides of my head. My ends feel dry if I don't put oil on them.

I have worn my hair in a loose bun for the past few weeks. I have also stopped flatironing. I am using QBCastor & Moringa Softening Serum or castor oil on my ends. I braid my hair at night, and sleep with a satin cap. During the day, I put my hair in a loose bun or wear it out.

I plan to finger detangle my knots with oil intead of using a comb each week. I used a comb to get rid of some shed hair last week, since I hadn't combed it in a while. I think my hands will help my ends more than my comb. I plan to also stop using heat on my hair and will start air drying again. Still using castor oil on my ends, will try to upgrade to JBCO to see if that helps. I also plan to prepoo with oil before I shampoo, focusing on my ends.

Thanks -:p

Hey, its me again :lol: Welcome again! I think this challenge is a better fit for you. Sounds like you have a good plan to restore your hair.

After I washed on Tuesday I moisturized with my conditioner on the ends and sealed heavily with crisco, then I left my hair in the same bun (braided) until my mom took them out and cornrowed my hair last night. My ends were looking kind of frizzy when she finished. I misted them with water and put more conditioner on them and put them in a bun. I'll take it down today to moisturize again and seal.

I also oiled my scalp with tea tree oil. Hoping to see some improvement in my scalp issues. My plan is to get some neem powder and add neem and tea tree oil to my shampoo.

Last edited:
shampoo bar'ed, dc'ed, LOC moisture method last night. baggied overnight. banding hair right now to twist later.

i'll probably re-moisturize the ends later, too...just for an extra boost and extra protection

I would like to join this challenge..

Relaxed
2. Current Hair Length
APL
Very Dry
I gave myself a nice trim this weekend
ENds-1.jpg

More Moisture, More Baggying and More Updo's (protective styles)

@faithVA : yes they do, here is what they were looking like

:look:

I been working at this way too long, my hair should be to the floor, lol

Umm, yeah, those are some ugly ends :lol:

Sorry, it is taking you so long. I am right along with you. My ends seem to stay tore up and I stay trimming them :nono: I'm just trying to get to APL.

Moisturized and sealed w/HSR + crisco again. I haven't done it every single night, but I am much more consistent than I was before this challenge. My ends are feel very soft and I don't feel any new knots so that's progress.

SN: I realized that when I'm busy, I grab whatever shampoo is close by, which includes sulfate poos, which is probably why my scalp is acting up lately.

I would like to join this challenge if its not to late!!
Im 4b natural, Sl
my problem i frizzy ends that seem to split when its hot, cold, or warm outside:drunk:
ive only used heat maye twice in 2 years and i ps 100% of the time.
i recently trimmed about 1/4inch a week ago and im not trying to cutt anymore for atleast a few months so to keep my ends healthy i plan on upping my moisturizing and sealing if my ends, drinking more water, and keeping them hidden in either wigs or buns:grin:

I would like to join this challenge if its not to late!!
Im 4b natural, Sl
my problem i frizzy ends that seem to split when its hot, cold, or warm outside:drunk:
ive only used heat maye twice in 2 years and i ps 100% of the time.
i recently trimmed about 1/4inch a week ago and im not trying to cutt anymore for atleast a few months so to keep my ends healthy i plan on upping my moisturizing and sealing if my ends, drinking more water, and keeping them hidden in either wigs or buns:grin:

Come on in lamaria211

I've been moisturizing my ends daily either with water or a leave in (Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Darcy's Botanicals Leave-in, ore Tressme Naturals Conditioner) and sealing with one of my oil blends nightly (castor, olive, jojoba; or grape seed and olive), or Darcys Cherry Kernel oil :lick: - LOVE the fragrance)

When my ends feel raggedy, which is almost all the time, I feel so tempted to trim/dust. But my regular dusting schedule is 8 to 12 weeks, with my next scheduled dusting at the end of June. Can't wait. In the meantime I am going to take 1/4 of a section and each time I cowash, do a search and destroy to get rid of some of these SSKs. At least the ones that really are annoying. It's too much to do my entire head at one time. I won't make it :nono:

I guess tonight I will start with the back.

I've been keeping up with moisturizing and sealing at least every other day. I've also cut a few ssks instead of leaving them for my next trim. So far my ends are feeling good. I'm hoping to get through the summer without any setbacks.

Relaxed/Texlaxed
2. Current Hair Length
bra strap length (I think. I'm still getting the hang of some of this)
dry, uneven in the (on view from the back, there is a shorter, thinner spot in the middle)
just trimming (probably too often) and moisturizing
Last trim was in March and I did a terrible job - made my hair really uneven. :spinning: Next trim is in September and I hope to even it out then. My goal is to moisturize and seal every night, start baggying, and incorporate protein treatments into my regimen.

Did a search and destroy tonight. It's actually my first. I didn't finish so maybe i will finish over the weekend.

Cowashing and leaving the conditioner in seems to help keep my ends from sticking together. So hopefully getinng rid of the SSKs will help my ends and I can retain some length.

I don't know how I missed this challenge :perplexed, I desperately needed to join this one most of all. I have horrible ends; frizzy, dry and damaged. I did the castrol oil challenge with good results: not to much length but definitely thicker and I continue to use it in my regi. Im also just finishing up on the hide your hair challenge which has been wonderful. I found that I love the versitality of wearing wigs and they have been the greatest thing.
Is it too late to join? If not heres my info, but if so I'll just lurk and get helpful hints.

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
APL

Frizzy, dry and damaged

Moisturize, seal, occasional bagging and dusting

Deep condition weekly, bagging, moisturizing at least every other evening and a regular trim schedule

Moisturizing and sealing is best for my ends. Currently using Claudie's moisturizing ends insurance and castor oil

Did a little more search and destroy this morning. So much for doing it in an organized manor :lol: Will probably do a little bit more while putting my hair up tonight. I moisturized my ends with TW Mist Bodifier and sealed with shea butter blend.

I think by leaving protein alone, my ends will be much better :yep:

Been lurking for a while and decided that I need to join. A year after the big chop, my ends are getting harder to manage. More and more ssks... :nono:

Natural

2. Current Hair Length
NL

ssks and split ends

Keep my hair stretched, moisturize, S&D

Go back to baggying more, start using my steamer more, keep my hair stretched, and cowash while my hair is in braids (stretched out).

Back