Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2012

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
I've been religiously moisturizing & sealing daily with Silk Dreams Almond Buttercream+ Grapeseed Oil. My ends are looking great and are very soft. I'm seeing great improvement. :yep:

missjones

I think I'm going to have to take a break from wash and gos. That might be part of the reason for the ssks :sad:.

LaidBak

I've been religiously moisturizing & sealing daily with Silk Dreams Almond Buttercream+ Grapeseed Oil. My ends are looking great and are very soft. I'm seeing great improvement. :yep:

Why why why did you have to go an mention that product? I'm am sitting here like a junkie fiending for a fix!! Mumbling to myself "I will not buy that cream. I WILL not buy that cream..." :lachen: Must. Reduce. Stash.
I suppose it couldn't hurt to just LOOK at it on their website.

Aggie

everyday wash and go's:nono:. I can only do these every now and then for emergency reasons only. I got my hair cut today and I cut it really short in an attempt to get rid of the ssk's and split ends. I may have about 2" of hair left on my head and I :love: it.

Sooooooooooo I guess I need to post a new starting pic, eh:grin:?

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Why why why did you have to go an mention that product? I'm am sitting here like a junkie fiending for a fix!! Mumbling to myself "I will not buy that cream. I WILL not buy that cream..." :lachen: Must. Reduce. Stash.
I suppose it couldn't hurt to just LOOK at it on their website.

LaidBak
I don't mean to be a pusher :look: buttt, this is the best moisturizer I have ever used. At least for my fine, texlaxed hair.

faithVA

Wearing the back of my hair in a bun this week for the 1st time. Have never bunned for a whole week. So twisting my hair in 8 twists at night. This morning I spritzed the ends with SM Mist and then coated half the twist with unpetroleum jelly.

I don't know how well my ends will hold up in a bun. I am hoping they do well. They are being sealed more often than usual. Even if they do well, I plan on putting in box braids tomorrow to give my hair a little rest.

I am looking forward to dusting my ends no later than the end of February. I am hoping to see some improvement.

gvin89

I'm not officially in this challenge, but I'm making a genuine effort to baby my ends and keep them moisturized. They feel a little raggedy to the touch....think I probably need a trim - haven't had one since September.

LaidBak

Checking in. Been wigging all week to protect my ends. My hair is begining to tangle and whatnot, so its time for a relaxer. I have an appointment tomorrow.

LuvlyRain3

I had all those white folk in the locker room at my gym looking at me like I had 5 heads while I was moisturizing and sealing my ends.

robot.

Not a part of this challenge :lol: but wanted to chime in because i've had dry, bushy, frizzy ends for a while now (i'm natural, 4a). I used to get trims to get rid of "bad" ends, but my hair would go right back to feeling rough, so I just assumed that just how my hair was.

Well, I did a protein treatment last night (just 1 egg) and my ends have done a complete 180! They're super smooth and curl with no frizz. I wanted to dance, lol..

Definitely worth a try, since it's so easy and most of us have some eggs in the fridge. If you're protein sensitive, maybe try applying it just to your ends.

faithVA

I had all those white folk in the locker room at my gym looking at me like I had 5 heads while I was moisturizing and sealing my ends.

:lol: LuvlyRain3. People are just curious. Like to watch things we have never seen. I know I'm a starer. I want to know what you doing and why you doing it :lol: I'm still trying to master my I'm staring but I'm not staring move. :yep:

faithVA

Not a part of this challenge :lol: but wanted to chime in because i've had dry, bushy, frizzy ends for a while now (i'm natural, 4a). I used to get trims to get rid of "bad" ends, but my hair would go right back to feeling rough, so I just assumed that just how my hair was.

Well, I did a protein treatment last night (just 1 egg) and my ends have done a complete 180! They're super smooth and curl with no frizz. I wanted to dance, lol..

Definitely worth a try, since it's so easy and most of us have some eggs in the fridge. If you're protein sensitive, maybe try applying it just to your ends.

Thanks robot. -- We can use all the help we can get. I hadn't been using any protein but I included AO GPB in my regimen. But I will definitely try the egg, since I do have some.

I can't tell whether the protein is helping yet but it is definitely not hurting.

faithVA

I am definitely noticing that my technique matters. Doing the following is making a difference.
Applying product to my ends first and thoroughly covering them and then to my hair makes a big difference.
Twirling the hair into a single twist and then the other way working the product into the ends, gives my hair an entirely new feel and gets the product on each strand.

Apply my leave-in/moisturizer when wet and then again when mostly dry keeps my hair feeling moisturized longer.

Applying a liquid, oil and then cream/butter works for my hair and ends.

I think the final step will be getting my moisture protein balance regimen right.

I see nice luscious ends, by the summer. (I HOPE)

Aggie

After Dcing with AOWC today, I finished off my ends with a luscious spray mist of AVG, glycerine, and water. I had also sprayed some Taliah Waajid PMB for extra softening. I'm air drying now.

Ronnieaj

I'm not officially in this challenge, as I appear to be in every other challenge going on right now :look:. But I was trying the whole "no cutting until you reach xxx goal" thing last year, and that was an EPIC. FAIL. I got to APL and promptly had to cut an inch off because my ends were a HAM. So I'm now on a 10-week dusting schedule. I cut a quarter inch in December, and have my dates set up for the rest of the year. Amazingly, I got back the 1.25" I'd cut before the end of the year, so I'm officially at APL. Hooray!

Anyway, in addition to my trimming, I've been sealing the ends with grease before twisting, which has really helped with the ssks. I've also started GHEing, but only with no product or oil only, and only in the evenings. I take off the skullie before I go to bed. My hair+water based product+shower cap+overnight=moisture overload and immediate setback. So far so good I'd say. I also seal probably every other night with something (I've bought so much I just rotate), which helps tremendously.

And as for my measurements, I'm 8.25" at the hairline and nape, 8" on the left and right, and 11" at the crown.

Khaiya

my ends are doing better but not "great" yet, i'm going to be more diligent with moisturizing and sealing, get them pumped up and then i can cut back and just maintain them.

faithVA

I rolled some oil on my ends this morning but I really need to seal. Tonight I think I will apply some conditioner on my ends and follow up with my shea butter blend. My ends still feel pretty good. I am looking forward to my next dusting though. I will dust sometime between the middle of Feb and the 1st of March. With each dusting I can see an improvement with my ends.

Trixie58

I'm weaved up for a few weeks. I haven't had a weave in 2 years and my regular reggie is working, so keeping it brief. Hoping that it will give my retention a little boost this month though.

Trixie58

Could I be a little spastic and announce that I'm taking this
Thing out tomorrow? Maybe I spend too much time on the Internet but I feel my scalp itching and I still have some tension after my install on Saturday. I am scared though. Taking out and continuing my normal reggie. Money down the drain but I can't handle a retention setback.