Lush Caca Noir Hendigo Updates??

Jhunt-smith

Hey again! So I did a search for Lush caca noir hendigo, and a few ladies used it. Has anybody else used it?? And have u gotten good results?? I know most of you use henna & indigo from other places, but I already bought the hendigo from LUSH.
its vegan & ingredients are below:
Black = Safe Synthetic
Green = Natural and/or Organic

Indigo Henna (Indigofera Tintctoria), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Red Henna (Lawsonia inermis), Irish Moss Powder (Chondrus crispus), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), *Citral, *Eugenol, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume,.

*Naturally occurs in essential oils

MCMLXXII

OMG! I just bought this tonite from the mall! I'm going to apply it this weekend. Another LHCF member, Puddin', has used it twice with really good results...she's the reason I bought it!

She says that she cuts off two blocks, mixes it with hot tap water until it's a yogurt-like consistency and then apply to your hair. If you want your hair to be black, it has to air dry - do not apply a plastic cap. If you apply a plastic cap, your hair will have a reddish tint. The henna should sit on your hair for 6 hours, then wash, DC, etc. She says that it feels grainy when you shampoo.

Looking forward to trying it this weekend. :grin:

Jhunt-smith

1. Your little quote under ur name is HILARIOUS!!!!
2. I read that best results come from air drying. I know from using henna on my skin that heat also helps set the color, so im thinking about putting some blowdryer heat on it to help the color embed.
3. i have to get a relaxer so i will probably DC, relax, then a couple of days later, hendigo, then do a mean DC right after.
4. for the grit, i may use shampoo & some cheap conditioner together to help get it out.
THANKS FOR RESPONDING!!!

Spongie Bloom

ive used it and i didnt like it you have to like grate it or melt it in a pot and stuff and to me my hair didnt really look that different at all after all that hassle i get my henna and indigo from an indian shop now , cheaper and great results (im sitting with some henna right now, i'll indigo right after)

puddin

OMG! I just bought this tonite from the mall! I'm going to apply it this weekend. Another LHCF member, Puddin', has used it twice with really good results...she's the reason I bought it!

:grin:

Thanks for the "shout out" MCMLXXII, it's true I love this stuff... Here are the pros:
  • My hair is soooo silky afterwards
  • It softens/loosens my new growth so I am able to stretch my relaxer longer
  • You can get multiple uses from one purchase ($22.00)
  • No need for a grocery list to make your own henna...all you need is hot tap water, plastic cap, shampoo, conditioner, and time
There are also some cons:
  • It can be a bit messy to rinse out
  • Hair can feel grainy afterwards
  • May have to apply several times to see the BLACKEST results...
  • Need to leave in 6 hours
Below are pictures of my first application... it looks pretty black to me...I reapplied 3 weeks later to get it even blacker (and instead of relaxing)
sorry the pics are so small...
Hope this helps

Jhunt-smith

it does look black. im not too worried, my hair is still black from my comm dye. i read somewhere that the best results comes when u apply 3 times in a row. so ill probably do it one day, then skip a day, then do it again, etc... also, i was thinking about sitting next to my heater so it will take better.
thanks for the info!!

janda

Just bought the Caca Brun and plan on trying it this weekend. Any tips? How long do you leave it on? Do you wrap it or let it airdry? I am not going for a red color. If you let it airdry, is it messy (I'm trying to picture myself walking around for hours with this in my hair uncovered)? Do you use boiling water or just hot tap? Add salt? Add anything else? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.