LUSH Hair Products - Has anyone tried?

hnntrr

So I went in LUSH today merely out of curiosity since I always pass it and it always smells so good...plus a friend of mine is trying to get a job there so I figured I would check it out.

Needless to say it was really nice, the people were friendly and everyone had gorgeous healthy looking hair and skin.

I was asking one of the women who worked there (who was black with the most beautiful hair ever...I duno if it was all hers but it sure looked like it and it was flowing and swangin) and I asked her about the hair products...since most of the stuff there is vegetarian or vegan and with little to no chemicals and that they didnt use silicones at all...some of their stuff did have sulphates though.

She gave me some samples of two shampoo's and a conditioner. The shampoos were:

Curly Wurly: Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Coconut extract, cetearyl alchohol, propylene glycol, water, lemon juice, glycerl stearate & PEG-100 stearate, fragrance, linseed extract, papaya fruit, egg, cocoa seed butter, coconut oil, shea butter, jojoba seed oil, avacado oil, vanilla frit extract, vetiveria zizanoides root oil, styrax tonkinensis resin extract, oil oil, alkanna tinctoria root extract, lanolin wax, certrimonium bromide, courmarin.

Blousy: (listed ingrediants: banana, pimento extract, clove bud extract, illicium verum (anise) fruit extract, ammonium laureth sulphate, glycerin, propylene glycol, coco seed butter, soya, laurel betaine, cocamide MEA, teobroma grandiflorum seed butter, fragrance, rosa damascena flower oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) fruit extract, thymus zygis flower oil, rosemary leaf oil, juniperus communis fruit oi, geraniol, limonene, linalool, citronellol.)

and a conditioner I think called Retreat that I cant find in the catalog to type up right now, I think its new so its not in there.

Anyways, I have two weeks at least before these twists come out and she gave me a small sample of each shampoo....now I am deathly afraid of shampoo cause usually even if its regular shampoo it strips the business out of my hair...but I got a little glimmer of hope in the LUSH products ... because of the no silicone and paraben thing...and hopefully water soluble sulphates...or at least sulphates that dont strip my hair as much because of all the other moisturizing ingredients....

If you haven't read my posts before Ill tell you a little bit about my hair and regimen..
I am low po, coarse hair with a tendency to be really dry, my hair likes moisture more than protein. Doing the CG method, so no sulphates (and if there are water soluble only), no silicones what so ever, finger combing and detangling and very little to NO Heat..(so far no heat for one month).

Right now I am using As I am Coconut Cowash to combat build up, AO WC, One n Only Hydrating Masque, Shea Moisture leave in, 4 Naturals Reconstructor, coconut oil, jojoba and tea tree. Tea rinses every week (or every two weeks in twists).

Right now I am newly TWA with very little curl definition so I am in braids/twists all summer for a duration of 2 weeks at a time till it grows out a bit more (might P/S like this to Shoulder length). I do a protein right after take down, then a moisture DC and tea rinse.

What do you guru's think?

isawstars

I loveeee Curly Wurly. My roommate let me use hers often. I never purchased it because it has pieces of coconut in it... and it would always get stuck in my thick hair making it look like I have dandruff :nono:

I tried it back in 2010 so maybe they changed that? If it didn't have chunk of coconut in it, I would purchase it.

I've never tried the Blousy product.

Retreat smells devine! My roommate used that as well. It didn't do anything for my hair besides make it smell good. But it didn't make it dry or anything either... it was just "so-so"

You didn't mention this product... but I tried the R & B moisturizer that they typically try to sell to our hair type and it wasn't moisturizing enough. It may be okay for relaxed or flat ironed hair though. But again, that was in 2010.

Oh and I was texlaxed when I tried those products.

Last edited:

biznesswmn

I love their trichomania shampoo bar. Its my absolute favorite shampoo. I tried the retreat conditioner-didnt find it to be anythg special either. I also tried another conditioner that was okay, it had a chinese name... Hsuan wen hua

But back to my fav poo bar :) it leaves my hair really clean, squeaky clean and my curls clump real nice. It has a very very creamy lather. U dont need to rub it on your hair a lot

empressri

h'suan wen hua and the jasmine henna fluff eaze---HEAAAVENLYYYYYYYYYY!!! i used the h'suan wen hua twice already and the lady gave me a sample of the jasmine one and hot diggety i used them last week. i use full jars of each with one go so i only buy them once in a blue but they reallllly work well on my hair and it's so soft and shiny afterwards.

hnntrr

Ah yay! Thanks you guys. They are reaaaaly expensive, but Id rather pay 22 dollars on a shampoo that cleans my hair without stripping the crap out of it then pay 10 dollars for something that jacks my hair up. I will def try the samples she gave me once these twists come out...maybe I will start with the curly wurly and maybe the trichomania (cause it was only like 8 bucks for the bar) since a people liked those on here and on other places.