Lush

Growingmyhairlong

Hey guys so this weekend I went into LUSH cosmetics and brought so many hair products. I brought their henna bar, conditioner, and shampoo bar mixed with coconut oil. I can't wait to try these on my wash days. Anyone heard of this store and uses their products?

Guinan

Re-Branding
I love lush but they can be pricey. I've neva used there hair products but I have used there lotions, perfumes and lip gloss. The only thing about there products was there shelf life was short. I can't wait to read the reviews for there products

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

kupenda

The shampoo you're talking about...is it Trichomania?

Which conditioner did you get?

I'm on my phone so I don't know much about posting links. However it couldn't hurt to check out the rather large LUSH thread. It's on the makeup side. I'm not a big fan of LUSH shampoo bars or conditioner bars anymore

Growingmyhairlong

The shampoo you're talking about...is it Trichomania?

Which conditioner did you get?

I'm on my phone so I don't know much about posting links. However it couldn't hurt to check out the rather large LUSH thread. It's on the makeup side. I'm not a big fan of LUSH shampoo bars or conditioner bars anymore

When I get home I will write the name down of the products. Why don't you like their hair products anymore?

lovebug10

I've been meaning to try the henna bar! I want to wait until right after I get a touchup but i never have time or energy. Perhaps over the holidays when I'm free.

I love their face products like the scrubs, lotions and masks!

Growingmyhairlong

I can't wait to try the henna too. I just watched a video on someone else using it and she states that she got better results with the lush henna. Post back in here ladies to let us know what u think after you tried it. I might be using mine this week and I promise to post the names of the items I brought. I been busy sorry.

Growingmyhairlong

Okay so this is what I brought from LUSH Cosmetics this weekend. R and B Moisturizer (I can smell it before I open the container smells yummy), Retread Conditioner (The lady at the store said that people use this as a cowash as well. We shall see) I brought my first shampoo bar. I don't have the name but it has coconut oil in it for it's sulfate properties, CACA Marron Henna Hair Color ( The color is Chestnut) This henna has cocoa butter mixed in with coffee, and other herbs. I will be using the henna and everything else this weekend. I might not cowash with the conditioner after using the henna. What I think I am going to do is after using henna I will deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner. Can't wait. I will update you guys.

Growingmyhairlong

lovebug10 did you get your henna from Lush yet. I applied it to my hair and I will wash it out tomorrow morning. It smells so good. I am so excited to see how strong it makes my hair. I was reading CurlyNikki blog and she said that Lush is one of the best places (amongst a couple of others) that sell top grade Henna. The last time I used henna it was years ago when my hair dresser applied it. It stunk but my hair was so pretty and strong. I have always been scared to try henna so I used Cassia. I loved Cassia but I wanted something a little stronger and something that will add a little bit of color. So I can't wait to see what it does to my hair. Once I rinse it out I will follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner.

Growingmyhairlong

So I washed my hair with the shampoo bar before and it smelled so good. I don't have any love for it yet though. I need to use it a few more times so that I can see how well my hair responds.

VivaMac

I love lush henna, but it's pricey. I find the smell of R&B overwhelming, I finally threw out the container after using it once. I think lush has lost it's way with growth. I think their products were better before they got bigger. They say they haven't changed the formulas, but something's off.

lovebug10

Growingmyhairlong I still havent bought it. I have a lot of new growth and I don't want to try to henna through it so I'm going to wait until I finally relax. Which one of the colors did you get? Also did it change/ enhance your hair color? I was thinking of getting the cacca brun or the cacca rouge.

CurlsOnFire23

@CurlsOnFire23 did you get your henna yet. I thought it would take up a lot of my time but it really didn't . It's just messy.

It took me maybe 10-15 minutes to get the stuff to the consistency that I wanted it to be. I think I messed up by washing my hair beforehand and not drying it....didn't even try to read the directions *rolls eyes* I'm going to do it again. It smells good to me (like tea leaves).

equestrian

I bought a bar of the lemon soap once and it completely dried me out :nono: Haven't tried the other products though

Ajna

I used to love lush but I am not sure what happened maybe they grew fast or something but it is not the same product I started with. Now I use stuff from Basin and while it is totally price I think it is really worth it. To me Basin is what lush used to be..or tired to be.

allmundjoi

I used to use the Lush henna bars. Great product, but buying a bag of henna from the local Indian grocer is more convenient, less expensive and the mixing is easier (with bars I had to grate them). If I want a more reddish brown I add brewed coffee or black tea to my henna mix. If I want a more red I actually add a little vinegar and let it sit overnight. With Lush henna bars you have to purchase different bars to get a variation in color. Although the henna bar is a good product, it just isn't worth it.

Last edited:

Growingmyhairlong

Alright my henna is done and rinsed out. Now I can truly notice a difference. My hair feels stronger. The color is nice. I used CaCa Matron. Pictures you can really see it. Nice and shuttle.

ForumRunner_20121209_135624.jpg

ForumRunner_20121209_135639.jpg

This will def be an every four week thing. Mixing was not that bad. I just ended up using the entire bar lol. Dryness was not QN issue cause I cowashed it out. Love it!!!!!

empressri

Omg the h'suan wen wua...I was all skeptical but that is some goooood stuff. I used the entire tub, though, on my hair. OMG that stuff really works.

And I used the retread afterwards and while it feels light in consistency, it was also very good.

Growingmyhairlong

Okay so now I tried the R and B moisturizer and I am not sure what I think about it. I am going to try it for two weeks and then I will come back and give my review.