Lustrasilk cholesterol

buffyangelfan2

Sally's had a 99 cent special today on the Lustrasilk Cholesterol creme conditioner super detangling formula( that's a mouthful) and I bought some. I have never used it before. The saleslady said it makes a good deep conditioner. Has anyone tried this product before? And how did it work for you? Also, HOW did you use it?

soulchild

I bought some too but I have yet to try it out. When I do end up using it I will use it as a deep conditioner after shampooing. 15-30 minutes under a hood dryer then rinse out.

diamond_nh

I use it, like it, and just bought the last 4 jars my Sally's had. The sale is all month. When I first started using it I used it for 3 minutes then washed it out. But now I usually use it as a deep conditioner and keep it on for 15 minutes or more with a plastic cap (usually more because I just wash it out whenever). It is a great detangler and deep conditioner on its own but at times I have mixed it with a little Humectress.

I bought the one with Tea Tree Oil but haven't tried it yet.

inthepink

Be careful of the herbal carrot oil formula. It has keratin protein. I didn't know that at the time but when I used it, it made my hair really hard.

Peachtree

I absolutely luv
the aloe formula

I use it for CO rinses. I apply it to ~dry~ hair
. I'll make many sections then apply it on from new growth to ends, leave it on for 15-30 mins (a lot of times I'll leave it on overnight), rinse it out, then apply my leave in.

I'm left with really soft, supple yet strong, very moisturized, shiny new growth & length hair. The length (relaxed) hair just seems to swell with body & bounce. This is an awesome product
for such a cheap price. I'm not thrilled that the 4th ingredient is mineral oil
... I just make sure to clarify monthly to rid the build up

(( I didn't have the same results when I used it as a conditioner/deep conditioner on wet hair
))

I buy mine from Wal-Mart at $1.89 a tub. I'm headed to Sally's tomorrow & buy 10 of 'em

diamond_nh

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:

I'm headed to Sally's tomorrow & buy 10 of 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL hopefully they will have ten. I am waiting for mine to restock their shelves but then again it is always on sale.

soslychic

Are we talking about 2 different conditinoers here? 1 the deep conditioner treatment and 1 the aloe vera one?

aqualung

Peachtree said:
I absolutely luv
the aloe formula

I use it for CO rinses. I apply it to ~dry~ hair
. I'll make many sections then apply it on from new growth to ends, leave it on for 15-30 mins (a lot of times I'll leave it on overnight), rinse it out, then apply my leave in.

Bumping.

Does Lustrasilk aloe cholesterol leave a mineral oil residue that's difficult to rinse out after deep conditioning overnight? I've never used a cholesterol before.

aminata

I used the lustrasilk herbal conditioner when my hair feels really dry. In the past few weeks I haven't used it b/c my hair feels pretty good right now.

isawstars

i love the aloe vera. It has a nice light scent and is a great detangler. when i need to detangle my hair i generously apply it to my hair when it's dry, let it sit for about 3 minutes and gently comb the tangles out. when i apply it to my scalp/NG i have to make an extra effort to rinse it out. there have been times when i realized it dried in my hair... and i thought it was dandruff at first

NewlyNature12

I'm using the Shea Butter + Cholesterol + Mango Butter formula and I love it. I've never left it in overnight, but I did leave it in for an hour on wet hair and it gave me incredible slip. I didn't notice a residue.