Lustrasilk Mango & Shea Butter Cholesterol Discontinued???

BraunSugar

I was watching a FusionOfCultures video where she is talking about deep conditioners. She mentioned that the Lustrasilk Mango & Shea Butter Cholesterol has been discontinued.

I was looking for it a couple of months ago and couldn't find it, so I ended up getting the Placenta & Jojoba Cholesterol. It's okay, but not as good as the Mango & Shea Butter. I looked online and didn't see it for sale anywhere except eBay. I even looked on the website for the company that makes Lustrasilk & I don't see any cholesterol on the website at all.

So did they really discontinue it??? If they did, I am going to be highly upset and disappointed.

I usually whip up my own DC, but sometimes I am in a hurry, traveling, or just can't be bothered with mixing anything for whatever reason. Can somebody recommend a replacement if it is indeed discontinued?

Thanks.

I haven't seen it on Sally's site in a few months either. I bet a BSS besides Sally's would have it though. I love those cholesterols!

you might want to check out some of your local beauty supply stores. sometimes they carry products for a while after they've been discontinued

ps: your blog looks really nice

alive Thank you! :)

I looked at 2 diff local BSS and they had Lustrasilk cholesterol but it wasn't that one. A lot of them have petrolatum in them. :( The mango & shea butter didn't have petrolatum or mineral oil in it. I guess I'll have to try out different ones until I find a decent one.

The olive oil version is very nice too, but I'm not sure if it has mineral oil or petrolatum in it or not. I never pay attention to ingrediants.

The olive oil version is very nice too, but I'm not sure if it has mineral oil or petrolatum in it or not. I never pay attention to ingrediants.

For DCs I have to check the ingredients for petrolatum because it makes my hair act really weird when it's in conditioners. Mineral oil is okay when it's not high up on the ingredient list. I don't mind cones. I hate it when they discontinue or change a product I love.

When I go back to the states, I'm gonna check out a couple of my favorite hole in the wall BSS spots. If they have some, I'm stocking up and I'll let you know. Probably be able to send you a couple jars if I find any.

Lustrasilk has discontinued quite a few things within the last year & a half. I guess they are streamlining but its a lil irritating

Last edited:
:( I didn't even know the mango and shea exsisted.

SE Mega Cholesterol conditioner is a staple of mine. I haven't seen the olive oil version either. The Sally's in Toronto (Canada) I go to must suck.

Someone mentioned finding some at their local Dollar Tree. None in my area carry it. I still haven't found anything that I like as much. Silk Elements DC is close but still not there.

Are the liquid version ones (come in a skinny tall bottle) discontinued as well? Anyone know of a close alternative? bump!

Back