Lye relaxer and 3c fine hair?

zanna

I have questions: I am considering the switch to lye relaxer, but I am very scared because I have very fine 3b-c waist lenght hair. Now I am using a child relaxer(beautiful beginings), It works fine for me, but I have heard so many good things about lye relaxers that I feel like changing! I have a lot of hair(thick) but the the hairs strands are fine to medium, and very healthy. Will my hair break if I use the lye relaxer? What do you think I should do?
Thanks
Zanna

pebbles

I would do the switch, but go to a professional if you're really scared. I just did the switch last saturday, and I loved it. My family hairdresser recommends doing the heavy moisturizing for the week following the switch. So I've been moisturizing and doing the plastic cap thing every chance I get. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Good Luck!!

lshevonne

When you say the plastic cap thing what are you doing/putting on your hair?
I made the switch at the end of Oct and I'm very happy as well.

pebbles

I spray my hair with Cathy Howes Dew Moisturizer, or I use a cream moisturizer and saturate my hair. I leave it loose and put a plastic cap over it. If I'm going out and I don't want to take off the bag, (like today because it's freezing outside), I tie a scarf around my whole head. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I wear it in a style, you know, tied to the side or something. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lshevonne

Wow, thanks girl. I went to Carol Howes site last night. I couldn't believe she doesn't trim her ends. Thanks again for the info. I think I'll start doing this. My hair gets very dry.

Integrity

lshevonne, quite a number of people misunderstand cathy howse about the trimming thing. she does trim but only when they are split or look uneven. for more than 10 years and till last year she did not trim her ends ONLY to make her point that of ends are not trimmed the hair will still grow or length will still be maintained.

i like her conditioner but Dew made my hair dry. i may have overdosed and will give it another chance with the next bottle and use it sparingly!