Macherieamour saved my hair!

InJesusName

Ok this is a shameless plug...Macherieamour's video is All that and a bag of smoked neckbones with a side order of Funyuns!:grin:

I had been contemplating going back to the salon on a weekly to bi-weekly basis because baggying and bunning was causing major breakage. I got the DVD last night.

Maybe it's just because I am a visual learner, but the light finally came on. After watching everything step by step, I rushed out to the BSS last night before they closed to give this self roller setting thing another shot.

This was the BEST roller set I have ever done! My hair looked like I had left the salon. I now know that the stylists don't have any magic potion...it's all about proper roller and clip placement. Furthermore, my hair wasn't hard because I did not use setting lotion.

I had a couple of "rough" areas where I didn't pull the hair tight enough or place the clip just right, but even at 7 weeks post, I was able to get a straight look without a flat iron or blow dryer (I tend to like a little volume with my thin hair). I am so excited.

The icing on the cake came when a lady asked me where I got my wig:lachen:! This is funny because when I used to get my hair done weekly, it would look like a wig (with the bounce and shine). My aunt would always say "straighten your wig" in the choir room on Sunday mornings to see who would look.

Yes, it is the little things that make me happy, but I walked around with a little more confidence today because my hair wasn't in the same old tired bun or phony pony, and my roller set looked good! This is one of the best investments I have made in my hair. Way to go Macherieamour!!!

Yep, Macheries DVD is great. I thought I knew what I was doing when I was rollersetting. I've only been rollersetting myself for the past 2 months. I used to go to the salon religiously until I found her site and the tutorial for rollersetting on her site. I was going by that but still wasn't doing it correctly. The DVD--actually seeing it done--made all the difference to me. Now my sets are near perfect and the results last longer. I'm set until my next wash. Also love the saran wrap treatment! Since I don't use direct heat and have lots of ng sometimes the saran wrap treatment really helps to smooth my hair out after a rollerset.

Anyway, I've sung her praises before......she's great!

Yep, Macheries DVD is great. I thought I knew what I was doing when I was rollersetting. I've only been rollersetting myself for the past 2 months. I used to go to the salon religiously until I found her site and the tutorial for rollersetting on her site. I was going by that but still wasn't doing it correctly. The DVD--actually seeing it done--made all the difference to me. Now my sets are near perfect and the results last longer. I'm set until my next wash. Also love the saran wrap treatment! Since I don't use direct heat and have lots of ng sometimes the saran wrap treatment really helps to smooth my hair out after a rollerset.

Anyway, I've sung her praises before......she's great!

You aint lying about nuttin here :grin: Not only am I the club president, I am also a member :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

welcome to the light: Lol

....its the truth though: rollersetting Macherieamours way is better/healthier than flatironing your hair

i used her method and my curls came out much better. my hair had more shine too, i think it's because my hair was able to lay flat on the roller.

ooooh I have anxiety I am so ready to buy this dvd!:grin: I can't wait! I hope and I can learn like you all have.:yep:

Girl, You too!!! Yo shine is blindin' me theough the computer :lachen:

Both of you ladies are blinging it up on the the small screen but Santia I had to do a double scroll by:lachen:. Your hair is gorgeous!

I am def gonna give that video a try. Her tutorials are always so thorough I know the dvd must be just as nice.:yep:

Both of you ladies are blinging it up on the the small screen but Santia I had to do a double scroll by:lachen:. Your hair is gorgeous!

I am def gonna give that video a try. Her tutorials are always so thorough I know the dvd must be just as nice.:yep:

Awww, your a sweetie pie. Thank you :blush3:
I do have to admit. This was the main reason for me going to a dominican salon, to get this look. It's funny b/c it wouldn't come out like this at all. So Macherie's tutorials have also saved me some $$$$$$$$

Thanks DivaRox and I agree Santia also made me do a double take....lol. Her hair looks so smooth, silky and light:yep:.

I've been wearing my hair straight for the last few days. I guess it's time to order. :)

When you guys took the rollrs out did it leave the dent mark from the pins or does she have a technique on how to pin the roller to avoid the dent. I know usually the dominicans blow the roots out as a way to get rid of the mark. i will be buying this dvd too but I'm on a C&G challenge until next summer

Thats excellent. I feel like my hair strived way more when I rollerset than airdrying. Grew faster too. I will be purchasing this dvd cuz I want to save money!

That's it! I was hesitating for some reason, gotta get this DVD!!! Thanks for this post, I've made up my mind. I'll post my results next week!!! :grin:

Ok, thats it! I gotta start working on the next one:lachen: Im such a slacker:perplexed. But seriously, thanks for the compliments. Its really not anything new, I think just have a visual helps. Thats how I learned, watching eleven billion rollersets,lol.

Ok, thats it! I gotta start working on the next one:lachen: Im such a slacker:perplexed. But seriously, thanks for the compliments. Its really not anything new, I think just have a visual helps. Thats how I learned, watching eleven billion rollersets,lol.

Definitely..nothing new under the sun but the visual definitely helps a lot. It's wonderful that you are willing to share. I went to the salon nearly every week for something or another and never paid attention to anything they were doing including rollersets..only cared that I left the salon looking good:nono:. ..Never again!

I too am so pleased with the results I get since that I looked at your video. I think my hair looks better than the salon can do for me cause they put so much setting lotion on my very thin hair and it would come out "crispy" and then break off....and I went to them for years!:wallbash: Now no more setting lotion and roller setting "The Macherieamour Way"
Visual is the way to go!!! Your are a angel for sharing your technique with us. Can't wait for the next dvd.

Absolutely gorgeous InJesusName and Santia. I want the DVD. Where do I go to get it...her website?

I STILL haven't been able to get that roller setting down.

When you guys took the rollrs out did it leave the dent mark from the pins or does she have a technique on how to pin the roller to avoid the dent. I know usually the dominicans blow the roots out as a way to get rid of the mark. i will be buying this dvd too but I'm on a C&G challenge until next summer

I really didn't notice any dents, but yes she doers have a bangin tutorial on how to blow out your roots. It's like there's a 3 step program.
1. Roller Set
2. Blow out roots
3. Saran Wrap - I don't sit back under the dryer. I just put my scarf on for like 15 mins to an hour.

Back