Mad at my hair

Pumpkin

I've been feeling the hair blues lately. I went out today and could not even stand to look at my hair. I met up with a few friends and felt so ugly because my hair looked like crap. It was just there. I am not going to lie; my hair has grown substantially since this summer. However I am dealing with really ugly layers. The back is long and the front is really pretty short. This makes syling options almost impossible. My real concern is the look of my hair. It is quite healthy but it looks so blah. I hope this is a result of its length and once it gets longer it will look better. Is there anyone out there who has grown their hair long and noticed a great change in its appearance from the time it was short? Also I do not have that Pantene-like flowing look. It looks like my hair strands are just stuck together in 4 large groups. This makes it really hard for me to wear my hair down. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Do you rollerset? Enjoy a cute curly style every now and then. The layers will not be as detectable. Also, you can always take a fresh rollerset and pull it up into a scrunchie for a cute ponytail. Everyone will think it's a fake because your real hair is long and healthy and will make pretty, shiny curls.

Miss Montserrat

Pumpkin, dont stress yourself! Trust me, we all have had those days which is probably why this site is popular. Anyway, I find that my hair sticks together when I use heavy oils. I cant use heavy products at all. I prefer to use leave ins that leave my hair airy and lite like Hair So New or Infusium. I think hot oil treatments are great if you need oil but dont want an oily looking style. Whats your regimine?

pebbles

Don't worry Pumpkin. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
We all have those days when our hair just doesn't look the way we want it to.

Faith

Hi Pumpkin,

I have to agree with Miss Monserrat. I was noticing that my hair was sticking together too the last time I "tried" to flatiron. I believe it was the WGO, I couldn't seem to separate my strands. Use a light oil. I'm going to give Nexxus botanic oil a try. Or maybe try kemi oyl, that's light and quite effective.
On the layers front, I don't know what to say. I have 3 layers or so and am trying to get it down to just 2 and it does affect a style. When you wear it out can you gather the shorter hairs up slightly and leave the rest down? Or roll them a certain way so the shorter hairs are towards the crown instead of hanging around the ear and neck. Also try wearing your hair all back to blend the layers up. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

I feel ur pain Pumpkin. I'll put it to you this way, the back of my hair measures 11" from scalp to ends, the front measures about 5 to 6" from scalp to ends. I absolutely hate having to wear my hair the way I do. However, as I indicated in another post, I was fortunate to learn/create clip on custom hair pieces which I clip to the shorten section to add length. I must say, it's helped sooooo much while I'm attempting to grow my hair out.

I like to wear my hair down

Mahalialee4

I know: The little /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif"poor me voices", /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gifused to torment me when I started growing out my layers... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif "ugly mullet hair... /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif.ugly ugly ugly.... <font color="purple"> </font color> hide your hair...hide /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="red"> </font color> shame... /images/graemlins/grin.giflook at that girl over hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif...see how pretty it looks /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif<font color="green"> </font color> horrors horrors!!!UGLY MULLET HEAD!!!! HAHAHA. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif...(Mahalialee running screaming from the mirror)cover up that mess!!!!.... /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif BAD MEMORIES... <font color="black"> </font color> now if that same girl could only see me now!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif..Pumpkin, my dear...this too shall pass...and you know we are too hard on ourselves...at least we know what to do now to make it better, right? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif((hugs) bonjour

Pumpkin

Thank you ladies for your words of support. I do roller set my hair but then I really do not know what to do with it. If I wrap it, it lies flat and my mullet-like hair shows. So I really have no clue what to do with it. Any suggestions?? PLEASE. I like the idea of wearing it up after my roller set.

I do stay away from oils. It's just that I can never get my hair to do the Pantene-commercial-flow when I do my hair myself.

It's just that my birthday is next week and I really wanted to look cute for my cake cutting (my ex will be there /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) I just have been feeling really inadequate. Kind of like other girls my age are more put together and well-dressed while no matter how much I try I look frumpy. And this mop on my head is not helping either. I try to stay focused though and realize in a year from now it won't look like this. (crossing my fingers)