My hair is ugly!!!

J

JenniferMD

I already accepted the fact that my hair is texlaxed and no one can correct my half relaxed half texturized hair but now I'm getting depressed about it! I washed my hair yesterday morning (the back has grown a lot) and it looks ugly /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

I took pictures but they're too ugly to post! My hair is the strongest it's ever been, I don't have a problem working with the two textures, and my stylists are always careful with them but now it's just ugly!

webby

Think Slim
Jennifer!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I cannot believe what you are saying! Just relax, stop stressing out and b-r-e-a-t-h....better.
Now, just step back and focus on what you can do on your own to make your hair look better. Sometimes, you just have to ride things out. For instance, when a person is trying to grow out a short hair cut...it seems like their hair will NEVER look decent. They teeter-totter between growing it out and cutting it off again, because the middle stages looks so bad to them.

Is there any style that you find makes your hair look better? If so, try wearing it like that a little more. I don't know if slowly trimming out the bottom texture will help you, but that may be an option too.

miss_brown

Jenn, don't make me come over there! /images/graemlins/whip.gif Your hair is gorgeous: thick, lush, and very healthy. What's so ugly about that?

Maybe you should just try other styling options /images/graemlins/smile.gif If you want, I'll suffer through the roaches and go back to Ann with you /images/graemlins/grin.gif For real, though, chin up! You're probably just in a rut right now /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Mochalolita

Girl...hush your mouth! I spent the better half of this morning marveling over your hair to the point where I'm going to go to Carmen over at Jaselvis this week so mine can look half as good as yours! There really isn't anything the stylist can do about the two textures? Not even a correction?

Hugs,
Crys

KAddy

[ QUOTE ]
miss_brown said:
Jenn, don't make me come over there! /images/graemlins/whip.gif Your hair is gorgeous: thick, lush, and very healthy. What's so ugly about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Your album is one that hypnotizes me because of how great your hair looks. I too think maybe it's the style options that you may need to vary. Don't feel down and depressed, you mentioned your hair is the strongest it has ever been. This is good. Feel better

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Jennifer, I was looking at your album yesterday for the umpteenth-thousand time and your hair is not ugly!

How do you want your hair? Do you want it straight or somewhat texturized? Are you trying to transition or something? If you want straighter hair, why don't you try a relaxer with super strength or something.

Also, there is nothing ugly about your hair...it is beautiful!

J

JenniferMD

thanks guys...my hair is fine when dry, it's when it's wet that I can't deal with the way it looks. It seriously looks retardid!

webby-I thought riding things out would be ok, but looking at it makes me want to /images/graemlins/barf.gif. You summed up perfectly the way I feel "it seems like their hair will NEVER look decent." I don't want to cut it because I think I'll end up having the same problem again. I'm starting to believe that only certain parts of my hair want to relax or that braids and stretching out relaxers somehow made my hair more resistant to relaxers /images/graemlins/frown.gif

missbrown-It's ugly because my hair looks like this: ~~~~~~______~~~~~~___.

I'm wearing my hair in a bun right now. I think going to a salon would make me feel better...but not Ann (I have entirely too much newgrowth for her liking...she'll be sure to force me to get a relaxer).

Mochalolita-I've tried a corrective relaxer twice...doesn't work. And I'm scared to try it again because of the possiblity of overprocessing.

Kaddy-I usually don't get down about it, but since washing my hair i just keep looking at the ugly picture and it's making me sick. I feel better now that my hair is completely dry and I'm sure I'll feel a lot better when I relax in April.

Poohbear-I'm scurred to try a super strength

webby

Think Slim
Have you considered switching products? One stylist I had used to use Bone Straight on my hair, because my hair resists straightening too. I liked it well enough, but noticed a huge difference when the next stylist used Crème of Nature. I have tried other relaxers, but it Con has been best for my hair.

Maybe, it’s just time to try a new product.

Tonya

Jennifer, it is all in your head dear. Your hair is GORGEOUS! I wish my hair did look liek yours! It will get better jsut give it time. Now...let's see those pics so we can tell you again how pretty it is!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
girl i feel your pain. my hair is text-relaxed as well. i think me and you both wore braids for a few months and then relaxed and maybe we didnt leave it on long enough. i know a stylist will either want to chop or re-relax and i aint having it!

super strength was too strong for when i was in my teens and switching brands is too risky for me....so ill just be accepting my two textures...oh well /images/graemlins/frown.gif good luck tho chica /images/graemlins/smile.gif

options

I remember when you posted a long time ago about being "textlaxed," and I commented that I had never seen hair like that in my life. I wasn't trying to be discouraging, but I was being honest. In the long run, I think you will have to find a long-term solution to deal with the two textures, especially if you continue using chemicals. I don't think you can find a balance (or peace) unless or until the underprocessed sections are corrected or the straight sections are gradually cut off.

I looked at your album. Your hair looks really nice when it's blown out; I wouldn't have even known you were dealing with two textures when it's styled like that.

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:

...my hair is fine when dry, it's when it's wet that I can't deal with the way it looks. It seriously looks retardid!
missbrown-It's ugly because my hair looks like this: ~~~~~~______~~~~~~___.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like we have the same pattern, JenniferMD. I can definitely relate to how you feel. It's tough not to get frustrated sometimes with how it looks, but my solution is to look at my wet hair as little as possible and wear braid-outs, phonytails and - yes /images/graemlins/smirk.gif - I just bought I wig. I'll try a variety of coverups to get through this stage w/o taking scissors to it. Hang in there!

AudraChanell

Jenn I understand your plight, but does it only appear this way wet? If so, why do you care? You can always get a corrective relaxer and if not roll with the punches and take pleasure in the strength of your hair. Sorry for being so blunt, babe. At any rate, your hair is quite beautiful!!

Nanyanika

I suffered underprocessed hair too, and i'm still trying to embrace the textures i'm left with. i'm now concerned with keeping my hair strong, thick and as healthy as possible. I don't think you should do another corrective, i know i will never do this again. your hair is beautiful as it is, don't hate it.

Lorraine

Yikes, have you seen your hair? It's gorgeous!!! Some parts may take better to your relaxer so you may have to nurture the parts that don't want to cooperate. Try different methods or treatments (hot oil to be exact) to calm those areas that can't get into shape. I don't know if a super-strength relaxer will work. I use super (Optimum Care) and really enjoy the results when left on under 15 minutes. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Don't worry JenniferMd. You've come so far now you can give up. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

moneychaser

Jen,
You hair is BEAUTIFUL /images/graemlins/love.gif How dare you call your hair UGLY /images/graemlins/spank.gif !! As far as your texlaxed hair, haha, do you usually use mild strength relaxers? Maybe that is the culprit.

BrEE

jen, your hair is anything but ugly! are you kidding me?don't worry you're not alone. my hair is hella underprocessed too but i'm gonna correct it if it's the last thing i do. all these different textures are driving me crazy.

J

JenniferMD

I am soooo scared to use a super strength relaxer. My hair has always been prone to breakage from using them so I'm trying to spare myself the disappointment and stick with the mild strength. It wouldn't be so bad if all my hair was texturized, but it's not. So, I guess I'll just have to get use to the two textures and make sure I always carry a hat in case there's ever rain and stay away from large bodies of water!

SherryLove

girl, please..... post the pics and let us be the judge....i bet it does not look bad at all..... /images/graemlins/look.gif

kitchen_tician

Your hair is PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY, PRETTY!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love how thick and bouncy it is. Don't worry about the curlies, your hair just has a lil' personality. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SouthernGirl

I agree with Kitchen, Jenn. You have the most amazing hair ever! I've always loved your hair- wet or dry. I envy your different textures when wet. I wish I had a little texture thing going on when my hair was wet!!

Be thankful for the strength you have. Not many of us can say that. Besides, your hair is only wet a small percentage of the time, and look how gorgeous it is when dry /images/graemlins/clap.gif.

Love you,
SG

foxybronx

Where is my belt? /images/graemlins/whip.gif

Jen is about to get a whuppin!!! (sorry you needed some tough love LOL) Jen your hair is GORGEOUS! It is thick, healthy, shiny, long..all that good stuff. Your hair is pretty wet or dry! I loove texurized hair and I love relaxed hair…you got the best of both worlds!

lovechic

<font color="black"> </font> JEN PLEASE DON'T TRY SUPER STRENGTH!!! THOSE ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH RESISTANT AND COURSE HAIR! YOUR HAIR DOES NOT APPEAR THAT WAY!!! JUST KEEP ON USING YOUR REGULAR AND MAKE SURE YOU GET A GOOD COMB THROUGH!! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
I am soooo scared to use a super strength relaxer. My hair has always been prone to breakage from using them so I'm trying to spare myself the disappointment and stick with the mild strength. It wouldn't be so bad if all my hair was texturized, but it's not. So, I guess I'll just have to get use to the two textures and make sure I always carry a hat in case there's ever rain and stay away from large bodies of water!

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif @ large bodies of water, you are so funny, haha
You have the best of both worlds going on!!
Have you ever tried regular strength?

J

JenniferMD

Thanks again guys, I never complain about my hair, so that should tell you that it's really a problem. The blowouts I get always look lovely...but I'm hiding the ugly truth! Lovechic, I won't switch to a super strength, I promise.

I will post the pic when I get home...but I won't keep it up for long. There seems to be a problem with trolls lately in photo albums...but I definitely want to know what you guys think.

Honeyhips

Lovely
[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
morning (the back has grown a lot) and it looks ugly /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There There, go ahead and vent. I feel like mine is ugly now too. What do you mean by the above? I think mine might be doing the same. Is the back alot loner than the rest of your hair?