Magic Star Rake Comb- Is it supposed to look like this?

Ms Lala

Hey ladies,

I purchased a seamless rake comb from hotcombs.com
It definitely looks seamless but I notice that there are very small
notches like groves on the comb teeth. I tried to take a picture
of it but the notches are so small they don't show up. I don't feel like they yank my hair but I want to be sure I didn't get a defective comb. I expected the inside of the teeth to be smooth and shiny like the outside part of the comb.

Attachments

• RAK2.jpg
    RAK2.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 92

iNicola

Aha! I thought mines was defective too. I have the Hercules Sagermann 1975 and I expected it to be smooth as well. I'm guessing it's normal then. I didn't buy my combs from hotcombs. Here is a pic of the teeth.

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 54

LatterGlory

I personally see and feel a difference using the seamless combs vs. regular plastic seamed combs. I glad I made the investment.

Ms Lala

Thanks ladies, I was getting ready to call and complain about this thing. I guess seamless doesn't mean completely smooth. I did notice that it doesn't snag like my regular goody comb but I only used it on a small piece of hair. Today is wash day so I'm going to try it our for detangling.

JJamiah

Problem with my seamless comb, I seem Less likely to keep it out of my hair than my regular comb :)

Ese88

yeah, mine looks like that aswell. and if im being honest i cant say ive felt much of a difference with my new seamless combs

Solitude

I purchased two seamless combs last month. Honestly, I don't see a different between my cheap plastic "bone" combs.