Major Hair Product Sale

Pumpkin

Sorry ladies but I just had to let this one out. Ricky's on 8th street in NYC is having a blowout in their hair and skincare products. EVERYTHING IS 50% OFF. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Good thing I got paid last week /images/graemlins/grin.gif Check it out!!!

Pumpkin

I am not too sure. I didn't get a chance to check it out fully b/c I have work. I am assuming it's throughout the week or until they get rid of everything. If I get a chance to go tonight I will let you know.

Lindy

Do they have a website???!!!!

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif (Just kidding!!!)

Man, I'm glad I don't live in Manhattan... /images/graemlins/smile.gif, No that's a lie, it's my WALLET that's glad, not me!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daviine

I called and they said its been going on for two months now. Then I had to call back becasue I forgot to ask how long the sale was for--the guy said he's not sure because they're a closeout store but he thinks it may be for a while though.

This is the website: http://www.rickys-nyc.com/

and this is the number for the 8th street location which I am going to try to head out to today...212.254.5247

BronxDiva

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Pumpkin said:
Sorry ladies but I just had to let this one out. Ricky's on 8th street in NYC is having a blowout in their hair and skincare products. EVERYTHING IS 50% OFF. ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Good thing I got paid last week /images/graemlins/grin.gif Check it out!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

S#$t! Now, I work at NYU and I get paid this week. They have just about everything and they are expensive so 50% is a good thing. I knew I should have gone to work today /images/graemlins/mad.gif But there is always tomorrow /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Miss Montserrat

Thanks for the tip. I've walked by that store for two years and had no idea it was a beauty supply. I will be going there tomorrow...spending my hard earned income tax refund!

DazzlingD

Thanks for putting the web address up. It just so happens there is a Ricky's on the Upper East side. Just 4 blocks from my job. So you know where I will be during lunch /images/graemlins/smile.gif

G

OK, Whatever with the crazy cartoon... /images/graemlins/drunk.gif LOL
New way to use your appliances..

Can't wait for the Webmall...

BronxDiva

Thanks Pumpkin /images/graemlins/smile.gif!!!

I just went to Ricky's and was in heaven. They had the entire Lanza line, Sebastians, Wella, TIGI, Redken, and more.... I left there with 12 Items for $31 It would have really cost me $63 bucks.. Yeah!!!
/images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif

azul11

they have lanza too!! yippe!!! i heard about this a while ago but when i asked what products were on sale the people didnt really say. cant wait to get there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif God bless you all.

Kitkat

Thanks for that heads up Pumpkin! I just checked the location and hours:

-they're on 8th between University and Broadway
-open till 9 during the week - yaaay!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
-open on Saturday and Sunday!!

I wish all beauty supply stores had those hours - I'll have to check this out!!

Lindy

BronxDiva said:

I just went to Ricky's and was in heaven. They had the entire Lanza line, Sebastians, Wella, TIGI, Redken, and more.... I left there with 12 Items for $31 It would have really cost me $63 bucks.. Yeah!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

DANG!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm SOOOOOO jealous!!!! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Armyqt

BronxDiva said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What did u get Pumpkin? Inquiring minds want to know. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

I'm with BronxDiva. Please recommend a 12-step program. I've gone twice in two days and have spent over sixty dollars on Wella, Lanza, Nexxus shampoo, etc. They have so much stuff that its a little frightening! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Lindy

Miss Montserrat said:
Please recommend a 12-step program.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we ALL need that program... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

beana3

I went into Ricky's and walked my black a$$ right back out. I didn't liket the whole store atmosphere, this one guy (near the door) kept staring at me as if i was about to hold the whole place up.. Then that neighbrhood.. oh no! I ran to the N train as fast as i could...

Allandra

Pumpkin said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Geez, too bad there's not one here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pumpkin

I went into Ricky's and walked my black a$$ right back out. I didn't liket the whole store atmosphere, this one guy (near the door) kept staring at me as if i was about to hold the whole place up.. Then that neighbrhood.. oh no! I ran to the N train as fast as i could...

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious! /images/graemlins/blush.gif I am so sorry that happened to you. I go to school there and am always in Ricky's and have never had a problem. THis is really suprising because that is where all the black drag queens get their stuff. Also they have several black employees. THis just pisses me off. YOu can describe him to me and I will personally take a trip there to tell him something because that is unacceptable!

beana3

There was one black guy there that was super friendly, but The man at the door pissed me off. I forget if he was bald, but i think he was and he was about 5'10 either white or hispanic, with a medium heavier build... I know the description sounds crazy, but he f* in annoyed me!
Then this tiny lil girl employee acted like i was in her way (she was pricing some hair prods) And i just said there is no way in hell i'm giving these people ANY of my money, sale or no sale.
Maybe i just expect too much from people.. I dunno. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif thanks pumpkin!

BronxDiva

beana3 said:
There was one black guy there that was super friendly, but The man at the door pissed me off. I forget if he was bald, but i think he was and he was about 5'10 either white or hispanic, with a medium heavier build... I know the description sounds crazy, but he f* in annoyed me!
Then this tiny lil girl employee acted like i was in her way (she was pricing some hair prods) And i just said there is no way in hell i'm giving these people ANY of my money, sale or no sale.
Maybe i just expect too much from people.. I dunno. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif thanks pumpkin!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that guy is the owner. But that still doesnt make it right. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Sindeee

Okay, so My BF &amp; I drove to NYC this weekend. /images/graemlins/driver.gif I made it to Ricky's. Pumpkin...THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIP! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I only spent $90.00 &amp; came out of there with so many items. A gigantic bottle of Back To Basics shampoo &amp; conditioner for $9.00 each was amazing. I really liked the 50% off prices &amp; all the hair clips for $1.00. BOY did Sindeee rack up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The sales people were friendly &amp; very attentive but watch out for that sales/cashier, she's quick on that register &amp; check your receipt because she will double charge you.

All in all I had a great experience &amp; a great experience in NYC this weekend, I can't wait to come back in April or May!

Sindeee

Lindy

Sindee,

$90??? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif WOW... You must have come out with a bag full of stuff!!!

Thanks Pumpkin for sharing.

I went there over the weekend and picked up a couple more lanza products /images/graemlins/grin.gif and it was good to see a tonne of the old formula protein plus shampoo too!

Now if they'd had the Mizani I would've REALLY gone beserk with spending...

daviine

Which Lanza products did you buy BRH? I only got the Protein Plus when i went becasue I couldn't remember hearing anything else about any of the other products.

Amethyst

How did I miss this post?! Thanks Pumpkin! All u had to do was mention "sale", and girl I'm gone! Thanks again/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Amethyst

Daviine, I got a bottle of protein plus (yet another one), and 2 of the Deep Cleansing shampoos which I LOVE.

Sooo good! Have you tried it?

NYCchild

Lawd ha maercy! how'd i miss dis post! now ya'll know tha PJ in me has ta go tomorrow. oh dear me..... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif