Major One Year Progress (Pics!!)

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
Hi All. I haven't posted in a while. I did the Big Chop AGAIN...in April of 2010. My hair was soo short, I could barely brush it in the back and could do a little flip in the front. It is now past my shoulders and growing fast. I have 100% natural hair and typically keep it braided or pressed. The pics are included in my album:

http://public.fotki.com/awomansglory/
PW: jesussaves

Last edited:

naptrl

Wonderful progress! Its hard to believe that is a press. It looks like a relaxer. Super healty hair.

It is definitely a press. I took the curly pic yesterday and the pressed pic a few days ago! :) No chemicals, I promise!

Thanks for the compliments ladies!!

ksly4ever

Your hair grow fast, I BC'd in March so this is great inspiration for me. Your hair looks so thick and healthy. Congratulations

Charla

wow! that is great progress! your hair is very thick and healthly looking -- pressed and curly! Any tips you can give to a new natural to accelerate growth? I'm shooting for full SL by Dec.

naptrl

It is very pretty! What did you use to press it with?

You are very pretty too with your dimples lol. I have dimples too :).

Thanks, girl!! I never press my own hair. I always get it done at the hairdresser. She uses Dudley Products: Shampoos, Deep Conditioning Hair Mask, and the Cream Press....

naptrl

wow! that is great progress! your hair is very thick and healthly looking -- pressed and curly! Any tips you can give to a new natural to accelerate growth? I'm shooting for full SL by Dec.

Charla, what I did was keep my hair braided or weaved up! I always kept it moisturized. And kept it braided on a regular cycle...say once a month or 2 depending on the style. I also eat right and exercise, so I think that is what REALLY accelerates my growth. Not necessarily anything I'm doing to my hair....However, i am very picky about the health of my hair. I only go to one hairdresser....and i fuss about anything she does that doesnt seem right!! LOL

jazzerz

Great progress! This inspires me to not be afraid to wear a short cut for a while. I just need to find someone who can press my hair and have it laid out like yours.

naptrl

Great progress! This inspires me to not be afraid to wear a short cut for a while. I just need to find someone who can press my hair and have it laid out like yours.

Yeah, finding the right person to press is a BIG deal. Most people dont know how to do natural hair when its long much less when it's short! Good luck!! :)

Charla

Charla, what I did was keep my hair braided or weaved up! I always kept it moisturized. And kept it braided on a regular cycle...say once a month or 2 depending on the style. I also eat right and exercise, so I think that is what REALLY accelerates my growth. Not necessarily anything I'm doing to my hair....However, i am very picky about the health of my hair. I only go to one hairdresser....and i fuss about anything she does that doesnt seem right!! LOL

Thanks, naptrl Coincidentally, I just texted my hair braider about 1 hour ago about braiding my hair every two weeks to wear under my wigs! Looks like I'm on the right track. Hope to have your great results!

naptrl

Thanks, naptrl Coincidentally, I just texted my hair braider about 1 hour ago about braiding my hair every two weeks to wear under my wigs! Looks like I'm on the right track. Hope to have your great results!

I'm sure you will!!! Just use the tips on this site. But Keep it Simple!! And when you find what works for you...stick with it. Dont get sucked into too many challenges! ....and I use heat a lot more than a lot of people on this site...but I keep my hair healthy, so if it works...go with it. :)

TraciChanel

You have very pretty hair! Thanks for sharing... I'm going to keep Dudley's in mind for when I press my hair. :yep: