Major Tangles!

H

honey_jammz82

My hair has been soo tangly and knotted the past couple of weeks, and I realized the problem.

I have been doing a lot of conditioning lately, and since I hate jumping in and out of the shower, I decided to do them in the sink.

I now know that leaning my head forward to condition in the sink gets my hair super tangled, even though the products I am using feel good in my hair. By the time I get done applying my finishing products for moisture, I have clumps of hair intertwined together.

I just wanted to share this with everyone in case someone is having the same problems....HTH!

Karonica

Are you by chance using Elasta QP Mango Butter or Profectiv Phase Oil, or something designed for "strenghthening"?

Tammy

I have the exact same problem. I cannot wash my hair by bending under the faucet any longer. It just DOES NOT work for me. I pay for it every single time, tangles, tangles, tangles, and I just don't have the patience to get those out all the time, especially when I don't have to. I don't always feel like jumping in and out of the shower, but I have come too far to be dealing with this now, in and out it is.

H

honey_jammz82

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Are you by chance using Elasta QP Mango Butter or Profectiv Phase Oil, or something designed for "strenghthening"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I am, I use Mango Butter.

Karonica

I was just wondering, because that stuff gave me tangles that you described as well. But, I'm glad you found out the reasoning behind yours.

H

honey_jammz82

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I was just wondering, because that stuff gave me tangles that you described as well. But, I'm glad you found out the reasoning behind yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only add a little to my ends, I know it had to be the sink method because I have been using mango butter for a while with no problems.

It seems like as soon as I figure out a routine that I feel is somewhat safe, a whole array of new problems come up.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I barely get by without tangles when showering so there's no way I'd consider the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do my hair bending over the sink... I've tried doing it in the shower and I get the same amount of tangles either way, so for me it's more convenient to use the sink.

inthepink

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I barely get by without tangles when showering so there's no way I'd consider the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do my hair bending over the sink... I've tried doing it in the shower and I get the same amount of tangles either way, so for me it's more convenient to use the sink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lindy...you're very lucky!

sereia

hey girls - how about a detachable showerhead or a faucet attachment? For me it really works b/c I wouldn´t stand to wash my body the same temp as my hair... too cold!

Karonica

I use the sink as well. No probs. But in the bathroom, I have one of those detachable things, not the showerhead, but that white thing you hook up to the bottom faucet in the tub. My mother likes to use it.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I can't wash in the sink and I am teaching my daughter to wash in the shower as well. EVERY time I get lazy and try to wash in sink I get serious tangles. I just suck it up and jump in and out the shower. I like the feel of the water from the shower on my hair anyway.

VelvetRain

It wasn't until I came to this board that I learned to rinse my hair in the shower. Before I just did it in the sink. Well actually I wash my hair in the sink, but rinse the conditioner out in the shower so my hair is straight for setting. One of the best tips I have learned here.

inthepink

About a month ago, I tried washing my hair by leaning over the tub so I wouldn't have to wet my body to wash my hair. But OH, my back hurt like heck! I tried it one more time and gave up! Not worth the back pain.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
About a month ago, I tried washing my hair by leaning over the tub so I wouldn't have to wet my body to wash my hair. But OH, my back hurt like heck! I tried it one more time and gave up! Not worth the back pain.

[/ QUOTE ]
After shampooing and conditioning my hair in the shower today (like I always do), I used the sink to rinse out my Colourshine. My back hurt like heck too. I doubt I'll try it again myself.