Ok I am a late bloomer and didnt know

Linxnme

Hi everyone:

I wash my hair in the sink sometimes and other times I wash it in the shower. However since I have been taking care of my hair now, I have become more conscious on things and one major thing I found out last night was that I am NEVER washing my hair in the sink.

It is sort of confusing but I find the showe,r because you are leaning your head back, and, for the most part, all the hair is going in one direction I find it gets less tangle, and I lose less strands. As opposed to the sink where I have my hair going from back to front then once you finish washing you comb from front to back and it has so many more tangles.

I know it sounds confusing but hopefully you all get my drift. Thanks for everyone's great tips in this whole hair thing.:)

The Girl

I understand what you mean. I agrea that you get less tangles probably bc its less manipulation. I only wash in the tub when I plan on taking a bath instead of a shower (after I clean the tub of course lol)

prettypuff1

i wash my hair in the sink.. idotn have the option of showering and washing hair cuz i do it in the morning... I dont see too many strands lost...

malibu4590

I always wash my hair in the sink or in the tub. I've never had any problems with tangles (knock on wood). :)

MamaBraidedIt

malibu4590 said:
I always wash my hair in the sink or in the tub. I've never had any problems with tangles (knock on wood). :)

Ditto.

I guess it may also depend on your length. I don't like shower hoping so sink shampooing then con'ing in the shower works best for me.

Glad you found what works for you OP.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
The shower is my friend :D . I will do my final rinse at times in the tub but there are times when I will do it all in the shower even though it add up to shower hoping two maybe 3 times in a wash section.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I shampoo in the sink all the time and I love it. I refuse to hop in and out of the shower for different things I have to do and plus I like to take my time and in the shower I always feel rushed (water issues). It is easier to detangle under the stream of the shower though so sometimes I do my final rinse in there.

I use only the shower also. I keep two clamps, clamped to the shower curtain so when I add the conditioner I can twist my hair up and then clamp it out of the way while I soap up. Then I rinse my body and then my hair.