Making my LHCF Debut! Yall are so Lucky to Have Eachother! lol (Pic HEAVY!)

Nice intro. Welcome on board!! In the short time I've been a member, I've learned a lot from the ladies here.

your hair is fantastic drool worthy infact!!! you are now one of my hair inspirations because those hairstyles is the very reason I BC'd :D

WELCOME!!!!!!

I LOVE your hair! And I love your braids - your length (in the braids) is my natural hair goal.
Wow, thank you so much!! thanx 4 the love:blush3:

:wave:

Welcome to the board....

Your hair is beautiful....I absolutely love the twist out and straightened look!!!!
:hiya: thanx a million!! Oh yes the twist out was always so much fun :yep: My straightened look was my signature look for most of my natural journey but I decided to go mostly heat free this yr to get to those last 3 inches to MBL I'll probably go back to straightening when I reach my goal but I'll give it breaks here and there:yep:

:welcome: with that :gorgeous: head of hair and your styling options bet you become an instant hairlebrity on here :yep:
Yay!!! :yay:

beautiful hair and awesome style girly :grin::drunk:
Thanx love!!:love2:

Beautiful hair! Love the styles. You've got yourself another stalker here. :yep:
lol!! Glad to have you!

Welcome aboard! Your hair is BEAUTIFUL by the way. These are the types of pics that make me want to go natural. :yep: I love the versatility!!
Thats pretty much the best compliment you could give me. I love to inspire people to go natural:love3:

Love the pix! You've also inspired me to try the natural micros.:yep: Thanks for sharing!
Awesome! I'm glad to be a source of inspiration :)

Hello and welcome ... very versatile ... love the pixie's ... nice blog too!
Thanx hun! It's currently undergoing a redesign but I'm very proud of it:grinwink:

Welcome to the club and it is good to have another cottony mass of wonderfulness showing how versatile 4a/b hair can be when it is healthy! :yep:

Oh wow, lovely hair. How do you get your braids to show so much of your length?
First of all I just want to say that you are one of my favorite natural ladies on the net, 4b with long thick bountiful hair I love it!! As for the pixies and how i get it to show my length.....That's just the nature of Pixie braids which is one of the biggest reason's why I wanted to do this look I wanted a natural style that would show alot of my length (this look shows about 75% of my length and I could bump that up to 80-85 if I did a light tension blow-out after co-washing) that would be easy, neat and low maintenence and its all that and thensome:yep:

And I love that afro. And that top you have on in the straight hair pic is really cute.
Thanx Mwedzi!! I love my fro too I have alota fun with it, its so big now that it only has volume on the sides and not the top lol but thats ok thats what comes with length lol That dress is one of the best dresses I own:yep:

Welcome!!! Love your texture, styles, and versatility!! I love fearless women and girl you are fearless and fierce with your style.
Thanx love!! Yea you read me well, I'm definitely fearless with my style lol thanx 4 the love!!:bighug:

a "newbie" & a rockstar all in one, you have beautiful hair!!! :grin::grin::grin: welcome to the board.
lol!! Awe :blowkiss: thanxsomuch!!

Welcome...your hair is lovely!
Thanx hun! :)

Welcome! Girl your hair is banging. You've got crazy skills with hair styling!! That Fro Hawk is the truth!! I hope you post often! :)
Thanx beans I plan to post often:yep:

WELCOME!!! And girl your hair looks friggin awesome! I love the texture and your styling ability is fab - I'm with everybody else post some you tibe videos!
Yes!! I really need to and I will make it my business to start putting them up I have like 70 videos here just sittin here I gotta get it together:perplexed lol

i love your hair. welcome :yep:
thanx hun!!

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your lovely pics :yep:.
You're quite welcome. Glad to share:yep:

Welcome!!!
You are beautiful and so is your hair! Now you'll have to teach us how you did that beautiful frohawk
Thanks! I'll be more then happy to show you how I did the fro-hawk the tutorials are on their way!!:yep:

WELCOME!
Your hair is beautiful!
Thank you for sharing those wonderful fotki's. I had to take time from my morning to stalk them all.LOL.
I will be looking forward to trying the micro braids when I am fully natural and have some length.
Yea they're addictive I used to look @ them like every single day, their progress growth and ease of styling is just remarkable. I HAD to braid my hair after seeing them:yep: but you know, you can do pixies on shorter hair too, it looks hella cute:)

Wow you are a style master! Very beautiful hair, welcome!!
Well thank ya kindly My hair is a shape shifter so I just love to experiment with it its my hobby and my passion:love3:

Dang, I am floored. You came in super correct! Welcome to LHCF! You and your hair are gorgeous!
Well thanks a million Lucie you have gorgeous hair as well:grin:

Welcome! I especially love your jumbo twist-out!
I was in love with it too I had the best time with it:yep:

Your hair is beautiful :love:
Thanx Lunade!!

Length check! :eek:)
picture.php

Here are Some of my Fave Styles I did this Year: :grin:

Fro Hawk! I pretty much did 3 buns and a bump in the front this really shows off my 4a/4b texture :)

How I rocked the Fro-Hawk

picture.php

GREAT Texture shot (don't be fooled by my heat altered curly ends! lol)

Sophisticated Twist-out Updo

Braid-out updo and bun
picture.php

Closer look @ the crimped effect
picture.php

Afro Achieved with Jumbo Twist-out:

picture.php

Last but certainly not least, the look I've had for most of my natural journey before I went totally coily this year....The Flat-ironed straight look:

picture.php

Well, that's all folks!! I'm really glad to be joining you I look forward to posting with you!!!:bighug:
Welcome! You and your hair are fierce! You have a gorgeous head of hair and styling skills to match!:yep:

Awe, there are definitely some old heads that have been around since 02-03.' Glad you found us now! Lovely hair!

ETA: Just noticed my "Join Date." And I know I was lurking for far longer than that. :)

Last edited:
:lovedrool::lovedrool::lovedrool: I WANT IT!! YOU'RE HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL!! I'M GONNA BE ALL UP ON IT LIKE A DETECTIVE, JUST WAIT 'TIL I FIND YOU!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:
hahahahaaa:lachen: lmfao! I don't mind @ all :grin:

Thank you for joining!! I'm sure many of us can learn from you...I love, love, love your twistout afro!!!! Your hair shows why I love the versatility of being natural.
Yea I just always wanna help ladies transitioning avoid the mistakes I made:yep: I was in love with it myself!! :lol: Yes its soooo versatile I can always reinvent myself they called me the cameleon @ work :grin:

I'm loving your hair & the huge twisted fro has me drooling. I LOVE big hair. With your confidence & personality, you will be an instant YouTube star! Start posting those videos girl!
This thread has really reminded me that I need to put em up I'm not gonna sit on them anymore, they'll be up shortly!! :grin:

During your transition, you never cut, exactly what does that mean, when you say you just let the perm hair fall away? How long were you relaxed & what was the length of your hair when you decided to transition?
I was relaxed only about 4 years outta my life (not long my mom never wanted me to get a perm but it was high school and i wanted to be down:rolleyes:) I realized thinning & lifeless hair wasnt for me so I went natural freshman yr of college not knowing anything about going natural other then the fact that I was dedicated to it :yep:so the first thing I did was individual braids, that grew it out nicely but at that point I didn't know what I was doing yet and as soon as I took out the braids I just washed my hair loose with like 4inches of newgrowth and long permed ends:nono: and it became a tangled mess:sad:

Eventually I learned to wash my hair in sections and that was the big turning point for me. I would wash my hair in sections condition in sections and then straighten my new growth to match the permed ends every week and I did that for like 3 years straight and let the permed ends fall away at their own pace until I had hair that was past armpit length that was natural and thick:yep:

My hair can handle heat so thats how I was able to be a straightened natural all this time, but in 2009 I decided that I wanted to show off my true texture more because when I'd tell people that they could go natural too they thought I had the "good" hair meaning the 3 range and that it wasn't an option for them so I made a decision to wear my kinky texture more and its made a huge difference for people to see me going back and forth with straight kinky and curly that it's possible for them:yep:. I also wanted to give my hair a long break from heat and I feel its really helping me with these last 3 inches till Mid-back:yep: hope I answered your question.

WOW......beautiful.... beautiful... beautiful hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Thanx hun!!

Welcome, you have such beautiful hair!
Thank you awe :Blush2:

Your hair is amazing! I love the afro look. Welcome to LHCF :wave:.
Thanks tocktick:)

Girl- all I can say is that you have got it going on!! Thanks for the pictures. Awesome!
Glad to share :grin:

Nice intro. Welcome on board!! In the short time I've been a member, I've learned a lot from the ladies here.
Yea I love the free exchange of ideas here.....I came here pretty far into my journey so i had to learn 4a/4b haircare thru blood sweat and tears but I always love to hear new things!:yep:

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!
Thanks!

your hair is fantastic drool worthy infact!!! you are now one of my hair inspirations because those hairstyles is the very reason I BC'd :D
Awe :Blush2: thank you!!

Your hair is gawjus!!! Welcome to the board.
thanks!!

I :love4: you hair!!!! :welcome: :thankyou:
thanks!!!

Welcome! We're lucky to have you!
Awe shucks :blush:

:hiya: WELCOME! BEAUTIFUL HEAD OF HAIR!!!
Thanksomuch!!

Welcome to the club and it is good to have another cottony mass of wonderfulness showing how versatile 4a/b hair can be when it is healthy! :yep:
Isn't it the best?? wouldn't trade it for the world!! :)

Last edited:
Your pictures are great! Welcome to the Board!!! Do you have a link for "KinkyCurlyQueen's Tutorial on Pixie Braiding" I will be doing this to my daughters hair. They are in twists now but if I can put them in cute braids that will stick without having to add in anything that would be great. I don't like weave so I am going to be using your styles for both of us.

Not only is your hair beautiful, but I just have to say, I really love your positive energy. :yep: I'm glad to have you here. :yep: :D Oh, and Hamira is truly my personal natural hair icon!

your hair is beautiful.

Prepare to be HAIR STALKED!!!! :look::sekret:

:lol:

Very beautiful hair!!!

Thanksomuch cmbodley & neith! I don't mind being hair stalked @ all lol:yep:

Welcome! You and your hair are fierce! You have a gorgeous head of hair and styling skills to match!:yep:
thanks love ;)

Awe, there are definitely some old heads that have been around since 02-03.' Glad you found us now! Lovely hair!

ETA: Just noticed my "Join Date." And I know I was lurking for far longer than that. :)
thank youuuu:grin:

Real talk, I've been in this thread like 15 times since she's posted it :look:. I can't help it.
Hahaahahaha well feel free to come in here as much you'd like:grin:

Your hair is beautiful...you will love this site!!! Welcome and I am truly diggin' your user name!!!
Thanks! My name is Mona-Lisa so my mom has always called me her BlackMasterPiece:infatuated:

your hair is gorgeous
Thanks kerryann!! :)

Your pictures are great! Welcome to the Board!!! Do you have a link for "KinkyCurlyQueen's Tutorial on Pixie Braiding" I will be doing this to my daughters hair. They are in twists now but if I can put them in cute braids that will stick without having to add in anything that would be great. I don't like weave so I am going to be using your styles for both of us.
That's awesome! so glad to hear you'll be trying this on you and your daughter its really the best wish my mom had done this when I was little. Here's her vid for Braiding Natural Hair soon I'll post my own vid of me braiding my hair and share it with you guys:yep:

:thud:

your.hair.is.gorgeous.

It's great to have you on the board!

:welcome:
thank you!! You have some lovely hair there yourself! :)

Welcome to the board! :wave:

I love your style and your hair in that BIG AFRO!
thank you!! My fro is my love lol :Blush2:

Last edited:
Not only is your hair beautiful, but I just have to say, I really love your positive energy. :yep: I'm glad to have you here. :yep: :D Oh, and Hamira is truly my personal natural hair icon!
I'm so glad my personality translates so well on the net! nice!:yahoo: thank you so much I try to make it my business to be positive and put good energy out there:grin:

My HairSpirations are: RusticBeauty, Sera, Mwedzi, NigerianQueen, Hamira, Aijo and anyone else thats managed to grow super tightly coily hair long and strong:yep:

Can you post your total flat iron regimen and what products you use?
Also how do you avoid reversion and how long did your hair last flat ironed before reverting?

Last edited:
Back