Making my LHCF Debut! Yall are so Lucky to Have Eachother! lol (Pic HEAVY!)

Bulletproof

tHicK hAIr dOn't CarE
I will just stalk you, green with envy, while I am transitioning, drooling over all that big luscious hair. Sigh

mscocoface

I remember watching your video on YT I was like oh goodness that is a lot of hair and will take weeks to braid! LOL

I do love the look though. I think I can only handle this in twists right now something that small, but it is beautiful.

Keep teaching lady, folks are watching all over the world and you don't know where you could be teaching some young lady to embrace her natural hair. :)

JollyGal

WOW what a debut!

Hello blackmasterpiece and welcome to LHCF.

Your hair looks fantastic. I love that sophisticated updo the coils are awesome. Your braids are pretty and the fro hawk is fierce.

I hope you enjoy it here and learn even more.

Would you ever do a pixie braid tutorial? I'm sold! lol

Fine 4s

Nothing more to add but just smiling...
We have similar textures so I WILL be tracking you...yes, stalking you...
*evil laugh*

finickyone

I appreciate the time that you spent explaining how you managed not to cut away yourr relaxed hair. You have now become one of my hair idols, so please make an announcement when you post your YouTube videos.

I can't wait to get home & show my 8 yr old your fro & mohawk pic. She's just starting to love the thickness of her own hair. She used to complain about her hair being too big when sporting an afro puff, but now she likes it. We attempted to do a mohawk for crazy hair day during spirit week at her school & the results were not good. lol She's going to love your pics!

brownbean96

You are sooo sweet for thanking everyone personally. I can tell that you have a very warm spirit/personality. Your a great addition to this board.

meecee

Your hair is soooo pretty!! I admire your patience in maintaining natural hair as long and as thick as yours. Beautiful.

BlackMasterPiece

Can you post your total flat iron regimen and what products you use?
Also how to you avoid reversion and how long did your hair last flat ironed before reverting?
I kept it very simple and yes I will be posting a video tutorial on how i flat Iron my 4a/4b hair I love the result way better then what I got when relaxed it has way more thickness bounce, shine and holds curls better.

1) Wash and condition hair while in 8 braids. Meaning while it was straight and dirty I'd braid it, wash it & condition it in that state.

2)I take my spray bottle which was 1/5th this-->
and 4/5ths water (recently I started adding Infusium as well but its not totally necessary)

3) Spray each section with that solution and blow it out focusing on the roots (it really helps to straighten *for me*)

4) I Hot comb the roots (about the 1st 4inches of my hair closest to my scalp)

5) flat iron my hair with a 100% ceramic/tourmaline ceramic flat iron (maybe add some glosser @ the end like coconut oil)

And that's all she wrote!! I kept it very simple:yep: My hair can take alot of heat because I have thick coarse strands.

As long as I pin my hair up at night it really doesn't revert it gets a little more body as the week goes on but thats about it. It holds up best in the winter/fallish weather but i used to rock it like this in the summer too. I used to just always carry a hat with me in case of a surprise thunderstorm. However I no longer bother to straighten my hair very often in the hot humid months. I've vowed to work with the weather rather then against it and let my hair do what it wants to do:yep:

I will just stalk you, green with envy, while I am transitioning, drooling over all that big luscious hair. Sigh
lol I'm honored :Blush2:

I remember watching your video on YT I was like oh goodness that is a lot of hair and will take weeks to braid! LOL
No my vids arent up on YT yet I was just linking to KinkyKurlyQueen she's awesome:yep: i shall have my vids up and share them with you shortly ;)

I do love the look though. I think I can only handle this in twists right now something that small, but it is beautiful.

Keep teaching lady, folks are watching all over the world and you don't know where you could be teaching some young lady to embrace her natural hair. :)
thats the dream!!:grin:

I love your hair. Very pretty. I'm following you on Twitter now...lol.
Oh that was you!! thanks so much hun :blowkiss:

Loving your 4A/B tresses!!!!
Me too!!:grin:

your hair is so pretty! its great to see a good thread about a 4a/b. you're an inspiration girl!
thanx love! Ahh those words their the best compliment one could get arent they?

WOW what a debut!

Hello blackmasterpiece and welcome to LHCF.

Your hair looks fantastic. I love that sophisticated updo the coils are awesome. Your braids are pretty and the fro hawk is fierce.

I hope you enjoy it here and learn even more.

Would you ever do a pixie braid tutorial? I'm sold! lol
shot the vid you guys are REALLY motivating me to post already I will have them up REALLY soon and I'll post a thread on it too!!:yep:

Nothing more to add but just smiling...
We have similar textures so I WILL be tracking you...yes, stalking you...
*evil laugh*
lol look forward to it!! :lol:

I appreciate the time that you spent explaining how you managed not to cut away yourr relaxed hair. You have now become one of my hair idols, so please make an announcement when you post your YouTube videos.
I PROMISE I will:yep:

[/QUOTE]I can't wait to get home & show my 8 yr old your fro & mohawk pic. She's just starting to love the thickness of her own hair. She used to complain about her hair being too big when sporting an afro puff, but now she likes it. We attempted to do a mohawk for crazy hair day during spirit week at her school & the results were not good. lol She's going to love your pics![/QUOTE] WOW :thud: I. Am. honored.

Your hair is soooo pretty!! I admire your patience in maintaining natural hair as long and as thick as yours. Beautiful.
It really des require alota patience but now that i see styles like pixie braids and mini twists like those of Nigerian-Queen I've come to realize that long thick natural hair can be easy, wash and go low maintenence you just have to know the right styles to rock and how to install them and care for them properly:yep:

You have beautiful hair, I may try those pixie braids one day! :yep: Welcome!
Awesome!! you'll love it trust me:yep:

Last edited:

hairdrama:{

OMG! Master Peace indeed.....:grin:

Proud to have a newbie like you.....:yep:, love the braids and the flat_ironed look.......:lick:

Welcome!

Stepiphanie

Woow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! So versatile, every style you rocked was flyy! Work it girl! Thanks for sharing all the pics, can't wait to see your yt vids! Welcome!!

melodies815

Doggoneit...I am soooo late!! You are a newbie and an instant hair guru!!!! Amazing.

I guess I need to read back to see if you posted your regimens, but I do have to ask one question:

I am JUST starting to notice the tangles on individual strands of hair and hate the idea of having to trim frequently. Do you trim often or do you have a regimen that mostly keeps your tangles at bay?

Thanks so much in advance, and again....WOW! :drool:

Christi

Sequoia

Welcome and so glad you joined! Your hair is beautiful and you're very creative. Can't wait until i'm fully natural. Thanks so much for posting.

ppp422

I am sooooo glad I clicked on your post! Your hair is beautiful! I've been on here for a while looking for someone with hair like mine. I believe that you just might be my hair twin! Lol. Please look at my photo album and let me know what you think!