Marcella Herbal

Discussion in 'Hair Loss' started by Smiley79, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Smiley79

Smiley79 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I have Central Centrifugal Cicatricial Alopecia or scarring alopecia; as a result I struggle with chronic scalp inflammation. So it's vital that I maintain a healthy scalp. I came across Marcella Herbal on Etsy and I like how knowledgeable she is about the topic of hair loss. So I decided to give her shampoo bar a try to see how my scalp and hair responds it.
    There is no miracle product for alopecia, so healthy hair practices are my best arsenal; but the earlier you catch it the better it is to treat. I'm kind of in the middle phase so at this point prevention of worsening and preserving my hair is my main goal.

[​IMG]

So far I have used it about 4 times. It has left my scalp feeling very calm and refreshed. It has excellent moisture and slip to cut through my strands and let me work a good massage in while washing.....BUT......as soon as you rinse this bad boy out, your strands will get squeakyyyyyy clean. So have your favorite moisturizing deep conditioner on deck and ready to work. Again, you will feel moisture while it's in your hair until you rinse it out.

Overall, I'm happy with the poo-bar and will continue to use it up. My objective is to have a clean scalp and keep the inflammation and sore scalp at bay. I'll keep you all posted with my experience.

I'm thinking about trying her other products for alopecia, If I do, I'll post my experience.

Shop Link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarcellaHerbal
    Alopecia Bars: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarcellaHerbal?section_id=19465822

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. smores

smores Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks for sharing. I'll check her shop out now!

God_Favor and Smiley79 like this.
  3. God_Favor

God_Favor Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Thanks!

Smiley79 likes this.
  4. God_Favor

God_Favor Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    What does your scalp feel like or how does it look when inflamed? Are their any triggers?

Smiley79 likes this.
  5. Smiley79

Blog Posts:
    My scalp feels like a porcupine is sitting on my head. It is very sore in some spots and overall tender to the touch.

God_Favor likes this.
  6. Smiley79

Blog Posts:
    I sure got my money worth...I am still using the bar. I love it so much. It isnt a miracle hair growth bar nor does it make that claim...But I really appreciate how it leaves my scalp clean and ready to receive whatever product I may choose to use. I do not experience the tender spots and soreness either. Overall, I will purchase from them again and use their bar to help me keep a clean and healthy scalp. It is very drying on the hair so a moisturizing DC is a must after use.

I used this on an off because some months I was in protective styles and could not use it. I plan to try it weekly or biweekly and see if I notice the hair growth factor but I think the clean scalp is what contributes to the hair growth that she claims the bars can promote.

God_Favor likes this.
  7. Smiley79

Blog Posts:
    6 Month Update: I am happy with my purchase. The bar calms my scalp and leaves it clean. It is very drying on the hair however, but I always DC so it doesn't matter. If I had longer hair, I would definitely section and braid my hair and focus just on the scalp only. That is the point of the bar, healthy scalp! I plan to try a different bar next time, not sure which one yet.

God_Favor likes this.
  8. Smiley79

Blog Posts:
    I'm still pleased with this shampoo bar. Next I plan to order the tureric shampoo bar and one of the other alopecia bars.

larry3344 likes this.