March 2014 Hits & Misses

Angelbean

Continued hit: liquid gold java butter that stuff is so creamy and goes on the hair so smooth and hh jar of joe I wish it was an 8oz!

No misses:)

oneastrocurlie

Hits: CR Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Deep Algae DC. I wish the DC had a smidge more slip. It's like applying paste to my hair. But I love the way my hair feels when rinsing.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Hit!

Hairsense Bone Comb- glided through most of my hair like butter, no snagging.

Miss

My whack patch at my crown that gave this comb a run for its money. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but there was breakage because I got careless and used larger sections.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Well it's a new set of hits!

Hits!:

Ingredients to die for Organicals Deep Conditioning Creme- I never got around to pulling this out of my stash but now that I have, it is an HG.

Redken Anti-Snap leave in- this felt so silky gliding on and just melted right through my curls. Though it has protein rather than stiffening my hair it softened my strands. The formulation is ideal for my hair needs, it's another HG.

NaPCA: This melted my hair and made it soft. I used this to ward off any chance of protein overload and this delivered. My hair is soft pliable and strong.
This is definitely staying in my rotation.

Continued Hits:

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque- made tangles forget where they were and what they were doing.

This evening was a really good wash day and I was able to manage my hair in 3 sections rather than the usual 6 to 8. I am a happy camper :reddancer:

NaturallyATLPCH

Verdict for Beautiful Textures DC as a refresher, leave in, moisturizer? :yep:

Love this stuff. I can't believe it took me this long to try it. Don't know how it is as a DC but probably won't know because it treats my hair so well and makes it so soft.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits(in no order)
Hairveda Conditioners for Cowashing *various*
Purabody Naturals Brazil Loc Oil
KeraVada Oils *various*
Fleurtzy Hair Treatment *discontinued*
Afroveda's Moringa & Ginseng Detangler

BranwenRosewood

Miss: The scent of Komaza Matani Leave-in and Komaza Aloe My Hair Leave-in. They both have a strong synthetic, perfumy, floral-fruity scent and I cannot stand it. They both worked okay on my hair, Matani better than Aloe My Hair (neither better than PBN MMM) and could be a substitute if something happened to PBN but I will never use them again unless I could get them unscented. They could be HG status and I wouldn't use it again due to the scent. Next time I re-up on the Protein Strengthener (scent is pleasant in this) I will ask about getting the Matani Leave-in unscented.

Miss: The scent of SD Destination Hydration. I tried to use it to co-wash my henna out and I could not get past the smell of Pepto-Bismol. I'm sure it's a good conditioner and the sections I managed to use it on felt soft, but I just can't deal with the smell.

Miss: Natty Moist in Lemongrass. The only thing I liked about this was the scent. I've had it since BF 2013 and I have yet to use this in a way that my hair actually likes. I've used it as a leave-in, rinse out, DC, pre-poo and it does absolutely nothing for my hair.

Miss: The scent of Njoi Creations Cafe Au Lait. Way too sweet with barely any coffee.

Hit: Hana Elite Flatiron. I like being able to control the temp using degrees. I only had to use 2 passes at the most and this flatiron left my hair so smooth and shiny. It's been 8 days since I used and I've had no reversion (besides in the spots were my shower cap doesn't properly cover) and my hair is still has amazing shine. I love this flatiron and I hope nothing ever happens to it. I'm tempted to buy another as a back-up.

I never realized how important scent was to me until I got so many that sucked. If it's not fruity, spicy, minty, woodsy or vanilla I probably won't like it. I hate gourmand scents so much. They smell so sweet they make my nose hurt.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@BranwenRosewood

That's really strange about SD's Destination Hydration?:sad:

Each time I've had it, mine smelled just like Vanilla or Butter Crème or a Cake-like.

And I know I've had at least 6-8 bottles of it.:look:

No inconsistencies for me with the scent.

I haven't purchased it recently though.

That's too bad.:nono:

Not familiar with any of the Komaza Products you mentioned.:sad:

BranwenRosewood

IDareT'sHair

Someone told me it was supposed to smell like watermelon but all I got was the strong smell of Pepto-Bismol. I haven't had that stuff in years but that scent is unforgettable and that was the first thing that came to mind when I opened it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@BranwenRosewood

Oh Really? Now See.....here I am talmbout some Vanilla Cake. :lol:

I do not/did not 'detect' a Watermelon Scent (at all).:look:

I do know, the Avocado Pudding (although it worked wonderfully for me) The Scent always made me want to Hurl.:barf:

Whatever the scent was, even though it was 'faint' always made me feel nauseous.:spinning:

I had to give it away. And I had several Jars.:nono:

Ogoma

Miss: The scent of Komaza Matani Leave-in and Komaza Aloe My Hair Leave-in. They both have a strong synthetic, perfumy, floral-fruity scent and I cannot stand it. They both worked okay on my hair [...].

Had the same complaint about the smell. I just couldn't take it so I gave it away.

veesweets

@IDareT'sHair

Doesn't the SD Avocado Pudding smell faintly pineapple-ly like Go Moist? The SD AP is on my SD try list.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

MileHighDiva they smell exactly the same to me, but the AP is a stronger version IMO & not very faint. I'm not a fan of the scent. I don't get any of the pineapple scent people describe, its just a weird tangy fruity smell to me.

Angel of the North

Hit - Komaza care Aloe my hair moisture cream: hair has been really moisturised, softend up my ends and a little goes a long way. This may have acquired HG status.

Rozlewis

Hits:
CD Olive Oil Infusion as a pre-poo to soften my 12 week post new growth
Annabelle's EVERYTHING but more specifically the Hair Creme's and Customer Service
Finger detangling hair in the shower under running water

Pennefeather

Hit ORS Replenishing conditioner with dollop of honey. I used to rotate between this and the hair mayonnaise all the time. I've been trying so many new conditioners that it has been several months.

I'm so impressed that this left my 17 week post relaxer hair soft, detangled, and combable to the roots. I have a huge salon size bottle that I bought a while ago and never used that I am going to take advantage of. Plus, it is so inexpensive compared to all of the conditioners that aren't available on the ground

Continued hit Darcy transitioning cream mixed with water and little oil - I think that I used wheat germ. Really softens, and detangled. Just spray away! :yep:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hits
Diluting Soultanicals Knot So Fast with aloe. It was too thick to spray out of the bottle.
One week of Kinky Twists protective styling down, 8 to go

Miss

USPS service. Submitting re-deliveries online hasnt worked in over a year.

NaturallyATLPCH

IDareT'sHair

Someone told me it was supposed to smell like watermelon but all I got was the strong smell of Pepto-Bismol. I haven't had that stuff in years but that scent is unforgettable and that was the first thing that came to mind when I opened it.

@BranwenRosewood

Oh Really? Now See.....here I am talmbout some Vanilla Cake. :lol:

I do not/did not 'detect' a Watermelon Scent (at all).:look:

I do know, the Avocado Pudding (although it worked wonderfully for me) The Scent always made me want to Hurl.:barf:

Whatever the scent was, even though it was 'faint' always made me feel nauseous.:spinning:

I had to give it away. And I had several Jars.:nono:

BranwenRosewood

I've never tried it, but I thought the SD Destination Hydration is supposed to have a watermelon scent. Thx for the heads up!

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I smelled my Destination Hydration, it smells like faint melons. It's on the swap boards because based on my rate of protective styling and my stash I will never get to it.

Based on these descriptions, I see why it's still on the boards :lachen: :rofl:

TeeBee

HIT>2 strand twists. I miiiiight go back to protective styling. Might. Still want to enjoy my hair lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Based on these descriptions, I see why it's still on the boards :lachen: :rofl:

@NaturallyATLPCH

Not any more. :lol:

I love SD Destination Hydration.:love: It makes a great Cowash.

I wish I could make that Wheat Germ one work for me. I didn't care for that one either. It was just 'okay'.:perplexed

Too thick or something although folks said it worked great as a L-I.:ohwell:

I do love Nourish Oil, DH, Mocha Silk, S-What I & II.

Someone sent me a 'sample' of Whip My Hair (I also liked that).

I have yet to try the Razz (although I have it).

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hits: Annabelle's perfect blends blueberry cheesecake leave-in and pear apple Creme for the LCO method. Definitely loving the softness.